The Wii Fit Team!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options

Fitgal- Do you want to start a new thread for September? I know some threads do that, but I am not sure if it is really easier to find or not.

That sounds good. I'll start a new one on the 1st. Maybe that will get new people to join.:smile:

I only did the Wii once this week.

Any ideas for a challenge next week (starting, say, tomorrow or Thursday?)
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    hula hoop 10 minute challenge?
    (I admit I say this because I do pretty damn well at that one)
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    So true! WII Fit is just fluff but, AE Active is the real thing. I sweat my butt off last night. I did high intensity for the first time - woah! I have done AE Monday and Tuesday. This is the best - It's like having a personal trainer and you don't get bored with the same thing. Looks like there will be a new thread starting Sept. 1st?
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Sorry that reply was for you cici...
  • Saudimom
    Saudimom Posts: 136
    Options
    Is there a way to record your Wii fit exercise on MFP??? If I knew how many calories I were burning using my Wii fit that would be so awsome!!!!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Ok, hula hoop 10 minutes it is then.

When I get home tonight, I will repost the calories for the Wii excercises if some else doesn't get to it before I do.

Welcome new members!

JAM
  • LindsaySarai
    Options
    I just got my wii fit in today! I want to join!
  • nandocolaco
    Options
    Hi

I own a wii fit
    i like it
    i wanna join the wii fit club

please ...
  • Jovialation
    Options
    I dont think you even have to ask to join lol
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello and welcome everyone new;

Wii jogging in place is 10 calories per minute, just like regular jogging in place.
    General aerobics is 8 calories per minute.
    The rest is 4.

I checked this at the nintento site when I first got my wii last May.

Everyone sets their own goals. My goals for August are 4 x a week for 30 minutes each day.

This weeks challenge is to see who can get the highest score on the 10 minute hula hoop.

Good luck!

JAM
  • LindsaySarai
    Options
    Ok so I guess my goal is 5 times a week at 30 minutes each.
  • Jovialation
    Options
    the boy still hasnt hooked the wii back up even tho he said he was going to days ago. Im gonna bother him about it a ton tonight so I can have it for this weeks challenge :laugh:
    I think my goal is gonna be 3-5 times a week for 30 mins each time. If I can keep up with it I can adjust my profile workout info to 5 days of 60 min workouts!
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I just got my Wii Fit and EA Active last Monday. I try and do the EA Active for an hour 5 days a week and the Wii Fit for 20-30 min 5 days a week. My favorite Wii Fit exercise is the step the wii's are too cute.
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Wow, that's great, you're in better shape than I am that's for sure. I have both programs. I am more hooked on the AE active than Wii. I do the high intensity and can only last about 1/2 hour. I am almost done with the 30 day challenge. September 1st there a new thread started. I just get bored with the wii fit now. I do the Kbells and the AE active. Good luck! You will inspire me to work my way up to an hour once I am done with the challenge. :bigsmile:
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I do a 30 day challenge in the afternoon on hard and then I do a Cardio Ab custom workout on hard. I do take a 30-60 second water break every 10-15 min. That might help you go longer. I like doing the Wii Fit in the evening since it's not a fast pace. So the hour and a half I do is spread out. Early Grats on finishing your 30 day challenge.:bigsmile:
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Thank you--it goes so much more smoothly with this site and people to talk/vent to. Good luck!
  • llywyn
    llywyn Posts: 315
    Options
    So I did the hula hoop for 10min and got a total of 1266 spins! Lets see if that is incentive for anyone else to try and beat me ;)
  • Jovialation
    Options
    grrrrr....I need to try and hook up the wii myself or tell my bf Im not making dinner till he hooks the dang thing back up. I came up with this challenge and I wanna do it :mad:
  • jam0525
    Options
    llywyn-

lol! I love the challenge. OK, I will do the 10 minute hula hoop tonight and post my meger results.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options
    I got 2,684 on the 10 minute hula hoop! The bar has been raised.

JAM