And you thought Special K bars were good?

Options
1235»

Replies

• stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options

In closing, stop worrying about "chemicals".

You feel free to do so. I'll avoid them like the plaque, myself.

No thanks to HFCS, BHT, or most of those other 'added vitamins and flavorings and preservatives'. Just eat real food, no need to have artificial nutrients added to your food. :drinker:

You do realize that all food is composed of chemicals right? How do you differentiate between good chemicals and bad ones?

I avoid the ones made in a laboratory. I also avoid the synthetic ones added to the earth, plants and animals themselves.

But you feel free to indulge :flowerforyou:
  • wildboar1
    wildboar1 Posts: 88
    Options

No thanks to HFCS, BHT, or most of those other 'added vitamins and flavorings and preservatives'. Just eat real food, no need to have artificial nutrients added to your food. :drinker:

You do realize that all food is composed of chemicals right? How do you differentiate between good chemicals and bad ones?

I avoid the ones made in a laboratory. I also avoid the synthetic ones added to the earth, plants and animals themselves.

So you believe your body can tell the difference from salt from the sea and salt made in a laboratory?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    So you believe your body can tell the difference from salt from the sea and salt made in a laboratory?
    I have a robot that scans everything I eat, and discerns between sea salt and man-made salt.

wall-e-eve-character.jpg
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

You are just looking to poke the bear with a stick here, be honest. I think it is pretty obvious they are stating that they opt to eat real food in its natural state as opposed to Polysorbate 80, EDTA, etc. Things you can't produce yourself let alone even begin to describe what they are.
  • markbel
    markbel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that information. I will think I not buy these in future.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    This is why I keep a 100 calorie pack of plain almonds in my pocketbook. If I get stuck in a situation where I desperately need a snack, I don't get stuck buying something gross like that.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This is why I'm glad to have celiac sometimes. LOL

yeah being forced to be gluten free has simplified alot of my choices.
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    People read up first before saying anything, First of all it is not Special K bar she is talking about, it is the dam Special K Protein bar !!!

that makes a Huge difference
  • kboggs6763
    kboggs6763 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like Luna Bars...Good for you and filling : )
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Oh man ... the alarmism in this thread is insane.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Oh man ... the alarmism in this thread is insane.

alarmism is funny. but it's ok. it just means that the food that tastes good will be more readily available for us on the grocery shelves.

watch out for the pieces of sky!

(by the way, folks, the ONLY unhealthy food is one eaten in excess.)
  • AeolianHarp
    AeolianHarp Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    alarmism is funny. but it's ok. it just means that the food that tastes good will be more readily available for us on the grocery shelves.

watch out for the pieces of sky!

Never thought about it like that. You're an evil genius!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I have a robot that scans everything I eat, and discerns between sea salt and man-made salt.

wall-e-eve-character.jpg

COOL! Where can I get one of those?!?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Thanks for permission. I will.
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options

^^^^This!^^^^

IIFYM and you like it eat it, even if it's crap! :happy:
  • carhicks
    carhicks Posts: 1,924 Member
    Options
    I eat one every morning....NEVER thought of them as healthy. Better then eating a Milky Way.

I agree, this is for my fix and better than a chocolate bar. Please do not ruin it for me. :)
  • SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I used to eat TONS of bars. Unfortunately, any bar with a coating of chocolate or vanilla or yogurt etc... has trans fat in it. Probably okay to have on rare occassions ; )