Replies

• PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'm a full-time working mom of two. feel free to add me :happy:
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    I work full time and have a 22 month old son. Not sure if I fit with everyone else as my husband, son and I all live with my mom and my mom watches my son while my husband and I work, so she usually has dinner made when we get home. But....I still have to find time to workout and spend time with the hubby and my son....anyone feel free to friend me....we can all use lots of support.
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I work full time and I have four kids (ages 15, 8, 6, and 2). I workout at 5:00 am and then again (usually) in the evenings. I try to do something in the evenings that is either after the baby goes to bed or that involves the kids. My 8 year old and 6 year old often take turns running with me while I push the baby in the stroller. My 8 year old can now run 5 miles and the 6 year old can run 3. As far as food, I try to pre-cook on weekends and use the crockpot as much as possible. Right now I have have curried chickpeas and cauliflower in my crockpot. I'll throw a quick salad together and reheat the brown rice I made yesterday and dinner will be ready. I also do the pita bread pizzas a lot. The kids like them and I can do mine with low fat or fat free cheese. Easy. When I started this whole process, I found it all overwhelming, but now we are in the grove and it just seems natural!
  • BlahBlaBlah
    Options
    Me!! Three teenage daughters (13, 16, just turned 18), adopting a fourth child (13 years old). Work full time, commute a total of 3 hours per day. Struggling to work in time to exercise or even to plan meals. Super hard to fit it in.

Could really use some friends in similar situations. I've already sent a few requests, but you can only send a certain number at a time. Feel free to friend me!!!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Working single mom here to a 6 year old boy.
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Im a working mom of 1 (7 yr old daughter)...and a recently moved in boyfriend...thats might as well be my second...lol...love him but if i ask him to make dinner he orders a pizza (everyime) and i cant remember the last time I only worked a 40hr work week :sad: Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessKittenpants
    Options
    I am a single mother to a 2 year old and work full time. Feel free to add me! I am always looking for advice of these topics also!
  • teekee2
    teekee2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a mother of 2 girls ages 10 & 4 and between my full time job and afterschool activities I feel I don't have much time to do anything. I found that exercising first thing in the morning works best for me. As for the cooking, I either use the crockpot or cook in excess for the week to have the meals ready when I need them. Feel free to add me if you want! :)
  • Hayter2013
    Options
    I'm a 36 year old mom of two. I work full-time and am looking for some working mom friends. My current friends are supportive but I think a few friends that are in the same position in their lives and would have a few ideas on healthy quick meals (after being exhausted working all day), making time for fitness (again after being exhausted from working and kids - You can see where I'm going with this ;)- etc.) would be extremely helpful. Thanks :flowerforyou:

Absolutely, after my sons in bed, I can just about muster up motivation to do some exercises, thats after the lunches for work are done, washing up from dinner is done, putting out clothes for the next day, perhaps ironing etc....
    The other option is getting up at 5:15am to do half an hour of exercises before having to get ready for work, get my son up, and go to nursery....

All this, and yes I have a wonderful hubby who helps me! Sometimes I feel I'm neglecting him if I'm doing exercises etc. He likes watching me but sometimes you just wanna sit and chat about the day and unwind.... Know what I mean?

Anyones free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • murtyw77
    murtyw77 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello my name is Lisa. I have 4 kids and work full time. I am almost 35 years old and I weigh 169lbs. I am 6 foot tall and wear a size 14 pants. My goal is to be a 120lbs to start with. I am new at this. Never thought I see the day to count calories. I have this app on my iphone and love it. I am still confused on how this works it's only day 2 for me.
  • ericpeg1017
    ericpeg1017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 40 work full time and have 4 kids ages 16,14,6,5. I do slimfast for breakfast and lunch but I try to make a lot of meals on Sunday for my family and have leftovers thoughout the week. This has worked out great since baseball started and we either have practice or games every night of the week.
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a 3year old son, work fulltime and my husband is out of town but no other family in town. Exhausted doesn't even begin to describe me on most days.
    I do lots of left overs - I have cooked triple portions. One for that evening, one for later in the week and one to freeze.
    Let's not even talk about exercise...

Just send you a friend request.
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am a mother of 2 girls ages 10 & 4 and between my full time job and afterschool activities I feel I don't have much time to do anything. I found that exercising first thing in the morning works best for me. As for the cooking, I either use the crockpot or cook in excess for the week to have the meals ready when I need them. Feel free to add me if you want! :)

^This exactly
  • jes1975
    jes1975 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Full time mum of a four year old girl who starts school in Spetember. I work nights (7 on 7off) as a nurse in the operating theatre/room.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    The crockpot and blenders are my best friend! ;) Good luck and feel free to add me!

Oh HELL yeah. The crock pot is like the best invention of all time. I don't know what I'd do without mine!
  • LinsenNRoses
    LinsenNRoses Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I work full time on the overnights and have a 5 year old son! Anyone can add me! I work out when I get off of work at 4:00AM 4-5 days a week, it's the only time I have to myself! As for sleep... most days I barely get any since my boyfriend has to work and I have to watch my son (he doesn't start school until after summer!) My boyfriend does help out with the cooking a lot! I usually just snack throughout the day or do simple fast recipes! :) Anyone can add me!!

16586181.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm a single working mom to a 3 year old.
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Hey there... it seems there are a lot of us working Moms on here. I am 36 as well with three children and I too work full time plus I am a city counsellor. Life is busy but I am MAKING time for my workouts daily and planning meals on the weekends (even though we have a really busy hockey schedule to adhere to)... it can be done.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • jennileeb1680
    jennileeb1680 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I work full time and I have a 16 mo old add me~~
  • angeltroutman
    Options
    Hello. I totally understand! I am 33 a mother of three and am working part time (about 25 to 30 hours per week) and going to school full time. It is really hard to eat on the fly and find time to exercise but, so far I have lost 5 pounds since I started and 2 since joining this site. It is really helpful to log ALL foods including condiments and gum. Also, log your exercise. Basically live on this site. It does help a lot. I have a long way to go but I know I can do it! So can you! You've already made a great choice here! Any tips you have???:smile: