Apple Cider Vinegar and Virgin Coconut Oil

Options

Replies

• toutepechtite
    Options
    Coconut Oil Facts

Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses
    Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases
    Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candida, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections
    Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites
    Provides a nutritional source of quick energy
    Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance
    Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, amino acids
    Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose
    Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body
    Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis
    Helps relieves symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes
    Reduces problems associated with mal-absorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis
    Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
    Helps protect against osteoporosis
    Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease
    Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers
    Improves digestion and bowel function
    Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids
    Reduces inflammation
    Supports tissue healing and repair
    Supports and aids immune system function
    Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers

Is heart healthy; improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease
    Protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis and thus protects
    against heart disease
    Helps prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay
    Functions as a protective antioxidant
    Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease
    Does not deplete the body's antioxidant reserves like other oils do
    Improves utilization of essential fatty acids and protects them from oxidation
    Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome
    Relieves symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement)
    Reduces epileptic seizures
    Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections.
    Dissolves kidney stones
    Helps prevent liver disease
    Is lower in calories than all other fats
    Supports thyroid function
    Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate
    It Is utilized by the body to produce energy in preference to being stored as body fat like other dietary fats
    Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems
    Applied topically helps to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection
    Reduces symptoms associated the psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis
    Supports the natural chemical balance of the skin. Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking
    Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots
    Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion
    Provides protection form damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation form the sun

Thought this was interesting...

A few years ago a had a bunch of very random and seemingly unrelated health issues. Wandering and debilitating pains in my wrists and hips, pains in ears, irregular cycles, acne etc etc. I had all sorts of tests done. Everything came back normal. Then because I'm a big user of alternative medecine, I made a connection in my head, looked it up online and figured out I had a systemic yeast infection. Lovely. A few more searches and besides eliminating all sugar and fermented food from my diet, coconut oil was recommended. I bought the concentrated tablets of caprylic acid and very quickly, all the symptoms disappeared. It's a fabulous anti-fungal!!
  • aubryannewilson
    aubryannewilson Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My dad has used ACV for years. Can't stand the smell of it anymore but I'm gonna make my hubby use it for his acid reflux. It'll just be an added plus if it reduces his belly fat :wink: My parents also use the coconut oil for cooking/baking everything and they love it!!
  • jenncazares
    Options
    bump-ED
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I use the ACV as a dressing over cucumbers and apples. I do 2 tbs with 1 tbs water a packet of truvia and garlic salt. I don't do it daily but when I have a stubborn pound that wont move. I forgot about adding it to water. I will have to try again and I have heard coconut oil is good for you. I will have to try that.

Sounds good to me along with the coconut oil. Have to give it a try. Hypothyroid.
  • LisaCookieScott
    LisaCookieScott Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have found a spoonful of ACV helps an upset stomach (nausea) almost immediately. I haven't tried it for anything else, and I've never tried coconut oil for anything but cooking yet. I've heard several positive things about it from people outside MFP, though.
  • scheppster
    Options
    I was wondering if you can tell me more about this. I saw this on Dr. Oz and wondered if it really worked to get your metabolism going. How much do you put in of ACV in how much water?? thanks, I am new at this!
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Reading on coconut oil (copied and pasted from another thread I posted on)

Here is two links on peer reviewed research on this if you are interested -

http://www.ajcn.org/content/37/1/1.short
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/132/3/329.abstract

Just a health link explaining its benefits for laymen -

http://www.melrosehealth.com.au/health_products/Gluten_Free_Organic_Health_Food/Coconut-Oil.aspx

Here is another link just on nutrition from an amazing woman. (I love TED talks) Really inspires me to enjoy as much truely healthy food as I can.

Dr. Terry Wahls - Minding Your Mitochondria
    http://tedxtalks.ted.com/video/TEDxIowaCity-Dr-Terry-Wahls-Min;search:tag:"tedxiowacity"

Jade - I have Dr. Wahl's book and love it! Have you tried the Kale Chips by chance?

Dominique
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Never heard about the ACV, I do have Braggs in my cupboard. I use Coconut Oil, I use Nutiva and you can get it cheaper on Amazon than in the store.

I usually add it to my smoothies or I cook or bake with it.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    bump
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    what ever you do dont burp soon after drinking that glass of acv water. Some one might think you are a douche bag.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad:
  • hudnharsmom
    hudnharsmom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bump very intresting:smile:
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    bump
  • bugtrain
    bugtrain Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    bump
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I have read the ACV can damage tooth enamel, so you should drink it through a straw...
  • aguilarrumiko
    aguilarrumiko Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great info :-)

bump
  • nina1968
    nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Is a store brand of acv ok to use?
  • boogiewoman1
    Options
    I've been using acv, a shot in 1/4 cup water every day. I think it does help with fat burn. I also use it on my toenails to combat tonail fungus. A tablespoon in dogs water helps prevent yellow spots on lawns. Mother nature's cure. :)
  • Mglgroupinc
    Options
    thanks for the heads up about acv...I used it last night as a natural diuretic...