ladies is he being a jerk or gentleman???

Options

Replies

• jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Maybe the intention wasnt mean..but the way it was said was Horrible!

I totally agree
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I would show up with my hair a ratted mess, bright green eye shadow, hot pink lipstick with some on my teeth, a moo moo and slippers.
    Then I'd have to call it a wrap on that relationship sounds like if he is so concerned with making her jelous he must still have feelings for her...

No u wouldn't. That's "internet courage" talking just like 75% of the women on here your not being honest ,not even with yourself. Cute post though..........
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    I would show up with my hair a ratted mess, bright green eye shadow, hot pink lipstick with some on my teeth, a moo moo and slippers.
    Then I'd have to call it a wrap on that relationship sounds like if he is so concerned with making her jelous he must still have feelings for her...

No u wouldn't. That's "internet courage" talking just like 75% of the women on here your not being honest ,not even with yourself. Cute post though..........

Lmao shows that u don't know me, everyone who does know me totally knows I would do it with a big dumb smile on my face :tongue:
  • kleonarski
    Options
    So. I think the summary of all of these posts is that women want to be decked out when the ex is around and look their best, but they don't want to be told by their boyfriend to do it. Just give them a heads up about the ex being there and they can figure the rest out all by themselves.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Well, now, hold on... in fairness, this girl may just be a Juggalo. Showing up looking like that WOULD be dressing up for her.
  • tretheb
    tretheb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    oh please ... most of us would have said ... why didn't you tell me or did you know she was going to be here ... I personally like to be the one looked at and not the one tugging on the elbow of my man ... how many of us are on a fitness site because there is something we don't like about ourselves .... i will grant you it dang sure could have been worded different but i hope my man would know me well enough to know i would want the heads up ... or he was concerned over me feeling inferior. it was presented very insensitively ..
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options

Lmao shows that u don't know me, everyone who does know me totally knows I would do it with a big dumb smile on my face :tongue:
    Thats right I dont know you from anyone else posting so I can only speak in generalities . But you read all these "I'll dump my guy cause he said something I didn't like" post and you just have to logically conclude that its internet courage. I mean let's really be honest who dates anyone for year(s) and the guy doesn't say something you don't like? It's kinda like everyone tries to purport their perfect the person they date or married is perfect and its just awesome everyday. GTFOH !
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    A.) I wouldn't attend the event....okay so maybe I'd dress like a total slob and attend. It would depend on my mood. and B) he'd be loooong gone so he could be with his ex that he is apparently still hanging on to.
  • heberlonghurst
    Options
    If we were to flip the roles and it were the woman attending some type of event where her ex would be and she wanted her current boyfriend to look his best. How would she go about it?
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options

I love that we had very similar posts...
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm in the minority when I would actually appreciate this heads up. Maybe not the way it was said--I don't need a guy saying to me 'my ex is going to be there so you need to look better than her'--but I would absolutely want to know ahead of time. Not that I need to prove myself to her or anyone else, but women have a way of judging and comparing themselves to the other women in a room. It sounds shallow, but that's just the way it is.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options

I am very secure in my marriage. Been with him for 24 years and 6 kids. He is a hot university professor. He is around 18-22 year old girls every single day. I hear how his female enrollment is always high. I hear how all the girls love taking his class and he is such a hottie. So, do not think that we are not in competition with other women! Other women WANT your man or they want your man to WANT them!

So besides just wanting to be healthy, you better believe that I am motivated to keep myself looking my best for my man. I want these college girls to see me and think they do not stand a chance with my man because his wife looks so good. Again, my husband would never leave me....we love each other too much and we are best friends. BUT, I know how other women think and I know that other women are in "competition" with me, even if I do not know it!!

Most of the time I am in workout clothes with my hair in a braid. But, I had to go to my husband's campus last week...he did not even have to tell me to look hot...I just did it (not slutty, but a classy sexy)! I wanted to make sure that these young chickies knew that he has good stuff at home and their services are not needed nor wanted. :wink:

I think the OP's girlfriend should appreciate the heads up on the ex being there.
    [/quote]

Amen to this. :drinker:
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I would be a little PO'd if my boyfriend said that. HOWEVER, he wouldn't have even had to ask. I would LOVE to strut my hot stuff in front of a jealous ex. :smile:
  • Katiemarie4488
    Katiemarie4488 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you would confuse that with gentlemanly. That may be the most insulting thing I've ever read on the internet.
    -wtk

This.

Yeah. Wow. That.
  • alisonwww
    alisonwww Posts: 104
    Options
    Guys are idiots! But, sounds to me like he's treating you to new clothes hair makeup, etc etc. GO for it! Spare no expense!!!
  • steffo365
    steffo365 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you would confuse that with gentlemanly. That may be the most insulting thing I've ever read on the internet.
    -wtk
    exactly. that's absolutely rude. I'd get the impression that you were using me to try to impress or get back at the ex... not that you were trying to "give me a heads up."

I agree with this! ^^^, How rude of him :[.
  • jennifermcornett
    jennifermcornett Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'll take the guys side on this one, this is a heads up, look if you run into the ex and you are introduced for some reason, YOU want to look your best. Hasn't anyone been there before? I sure have, was out running errands in a t-shirt and some jeans and ran into my guys ex at the store and she was just getting off work and was in a suit and heels. I felt like crap afterwards because she didn't get an opportunity to see his upgrade. Because I was caught off guard I didn't have my best foot forward and you only get one chance to make the first impression. Call me whatever you want but I'd like the opportunity to knock it home and show her that he's got quite a catch. If you go and aren't looking your best and he didn't tell you that you might run into her, what's going to be the first thing out of your mouth? "Why didn't you tell me she was going to be there!" Your going to follow that up with knocking him upside the head and then mumbling to yourself for days about how you wished you;d have been wearing this or that, or that you'd fixed your hair or touched up your makeup.

This. Just give the heads up in a better way. In a little over a year, we have never run into my boyfriend's ex, and every time I go out in public looking less than amazing, I worry that it will be the time we meet. I hope that my honey would give me a heads up, but he had better leave it to me to figure out how to present myself. I'm not a moron. And even if he wants me looking my best, he knows me well enough to know that I'm going to look my best anyway if I know there's a pretty certain chance that I'm going to be seeing his "never-goes-out-in-public-without-full-makeup-and-perfect-hair-high-maintenance" ex.
  • SweetJoanne
    SweetJoanne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    He is being a jerk and I would kick him to the curve who needs a man like that. My significant other never needs to worry about me looking good when I am out with him as I always make sure I look good for him but that is not him telling me to, it is something I like to do for my man
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    It shows that he really cares what his ex-girlfriends think of his current gf.
  • Phobix
    Phobix Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was going to respond to this thread with a long winded response, but then I realized "whats the point". Women are overly sensitive and men are not sensitive enough.