Women who are 5' 8", what is your weight goal?

Options
Hello,

I'm 5' 8" and curious what others my height are aiming for weight wise.

While I do have a weight loss goal, and am tracking my food, exercise and measurements, my real personal goals are more activitity oriented (I want to run a 5k this summer; I want to compete in warrior dash this fall), size focused (drop down 2 dress/pant sizes) and health guided (not to get out of breath when playing with my kids).

So, out of curiosity, what weight do you, as a 5' 8" woman, feel is comfortable for you?

Replies

• paint_it_black
    paint_it_black Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm also 5'8 and procrastinating over a goal of around 145lb, I used to be 133 in my early 20's but i'm not sure if that's achievable or even if i really want to get back down to that size.
  • cksparks3
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and would also like to be around 145 lbs.
  • egiakatt
    egiakatt Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    135...but if I look right I will stop at 140
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Im almost 5'8 but after 2 kids and approaching 40 I realize being toned and in shape is more important than the number
    For me high 120's would be good
  • quepastaa
    Options
    I'm 5'9", and have always weighed around 130-135. I quit smoking 7 months ago,,and have gained 20 POUNDS!!!!! I don't feel good at this weight, and have never had a belly before (except when pregnant)! lol

So, it might be a little low to go to 135 for some, but for my body type,,it feels perfect for me :)
  • mrsrobinsonlauraj
    mrsrobinsonlauraj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Was 151 and currently 141. I thought at first I would like to be at 135 but I think that is too thin for me so 140-141 is where I think I will stay.
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i'm 5' 7' and am aiming for around the 130's it will depend on what my reflection in the mirror shows
  • emmiee921
    emmiee921 Posts: 224
    Options
    i would like to be 135 ultimately.
    im 160 now ew i use to be 140 dangg
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7", but I'm responding to this thread anyway!
    At the minute I am aiming for 135.

To be honest, I would settle for a higher weight, if I had a lower body fat %. I'm going to start weightlifting soon, so I guess I'll have to wait and see what the results are when I'm closer to the finish line!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 3/4 -so pretty close to that height. I got down to 135 as my goal weight but have pretty much stablized at 137-139 the past year (depending on sodium, my workouts and TOM). I wear a size 6 pants for the most part (some 4's, some 8's) and can wear size small tops if they are sleeveless but my shoulders have gotten bigger as I've been lifting weights and mediums fit my shoulders better (but then they are baggy everywhere else!). I'm taking a step away from the scale for awhile because I've been trying to get back to that 135 number (which I truly just pulled out of thin air) and am gonna focus on tightening things up. Good luck-your head sounds like it's in the right place to be very successful at this!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is 165 (to start), but I'd like to get down to 150-155 eventually.
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're all much lower that what I thought mine should be. I appreciate all of your responses!

I am aiming for 160/165, which is 35/30 lbs lower than where I started at in January. We'll see where I feel best at, and who knows, maybe I'll push for lower or find my "happy place" somewhere higher.
  • Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    160 w/tons of muscle
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    160 w/tons of muscle

YES!! That would work for me!
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 1/2" and I am maintaining @ 128.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I am aiming for 155 at the least... I am at 165 right now... I can't imagin being any smaller... seriously
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    For now, 141, with an estimated body fat percentage of 23%. Depending on how cut I want to look, we'll see if I go further from there. :laugh:
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently 130. My highest weight was 150. I'm pretty much good where I am, and am trying to build muscle, so I'm ok if the scale teeters in either direction as I gain muscle/lose fat (I hope!). My favorite number is 8, so really my goal is 128 lbs, but that's just really a silly personal thing, doesn't matter to me much. :)
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Dang, lol. I'm shooting for like 180. It's technically above the "healthy" weight, but I'm built thick. When I get there, I'll re-evaluate and see if I want/need to go any smaller.
  • CanCur
    CanCur Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8 currently 141 with 28.5% body fat. Shooting for 136 to get my body fat lower but I would like to be 125-130.