NROLFW - Before & During Pics

Options

Replies

• Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Can I ask the OP-Did you take your book down to the gym for them to look at or did you just take it with you and start the exercises yoruself?

I just ask because Im thinking of starting, Ive read the book and found a suitable gym only last night but wanted a session with the personal trainer there to show me how to use the equipment properly. Do you think it would be good to take this book in to show him and insist he does these with me or I get the feeling he will want to do his own exercises with me..?

Also have you changed your diet drastically-ie eating more protein, less carbs etc etc? My problem areas are my legs, arms and tummy, I dont need to lose weight, I just want to tone up what I have....

Thanks

Emma.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! I'm also doing NROLW and loving the results I've gotten so far! Nice work!
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Can I ask the OP-Did you take your book down to the gym for them to look at or did you just take it with you and start the exercises yoruself?

I just ask because Im thinking of starting, Ive read the book and found a suitable gym only last night but wanted a session with the personal trainer there to show me how to use the equipment properly. Do you think it would be good to take this book in to show him and insist he does these with me or I get the feeling he will want to do his own exercises with me..?

Also have you changed your diet drastically-ie eating more protein, less carbs etc etc? My problem areas are my legs, arms and tummy, I dont need to lose weight, I just want to tone up what I have....

Thanks

Emma.

I didn't take the book with me, but I came across a wonderful spreadsheet online that you can fill in yourself. I bring that with me. The book shows photos of all the exercises, so you will know how to do them before you get there. I am honestly not sure what a personal trainer would do, sometimes I feel like they have their own agenda, but I know many people who have loved having one. I've always kind of just taught myself.

As far as protein, yes I am eating a lot more of it. The book suggests that you try to get in your body weight in grams of protein. For example, if you weigh 150lb, you'd want to try to eat 150g of protein per day. He especially wants you to have a significant amount of protein within an hour of lifting. I don't obsess over carbs, but I do watch them and try to get them from "good" carbs (fruit, etc) as opposed to bread, pasta, etc. I have found replacements for things like pasta (spaghetti squash is one of my staples, as are the tofu shiritaki noodles). I have upped my calories to 1620 on non-lifting days, and 1920 on lifting days. I don't deprive myself of my red wine that I love so much, or the occasional treat. I definitely don't feel like I have to be as strict with the calorie counting since lifting heavier and seeing and feeling results - it feels rather freeing! :smile:
  • gavintri
    gavintri Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Very impressive. Nice work:)
  • kimberly0416
    kimberly0416 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You made me a believer, just ordered it. :drinker:
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Awesome girl! Keep it up!!
  • krissypea79
    Options
    You made me a believer, just ordered it. :drinker:

Yay!!!!! You will LOVE it!!!!! :smile:
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    you look awesome! and thats only 4 wks into the program, cant wait for you to update when you complete the whole program!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Nice job!!! I am in Stage 2 and hope I get the same type of results!! :) Keep up the good work!
  • astroub
    astroub Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!

Just got my book a few days ago.... I plan to start very soon!
  • KateB1982
    KateB1982 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wowzers. I just started reading this book yesterday and this has motivated me to finish it asap. Amazing results!
  • KateB1982
    Options
    I didn't take the book with me, but I came across a wonderful spreadsheet online that you can fill in yourself. I bring that with me.

OP, could you tell us where to find this spreadsheet?? Thanks! :smile:
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic. keep up the good work. :smile:
  • krissypea79
    Options
    I didn't take the book with me, but I came across a wonderful spreadsheet online that you can fill in yourself. I bring that with me.

OK here it is! The link is open to anyone, so feel free to share it. I found this online, but made a lot of modifications, and it is VERY easy to use....enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBawuhJvld5dFBNQnRfMUNtU3F4TXc4YmdpWWQyRnc

*Make sure you do "print preview" before you print, to make sure that everything fits on the page...you *might* have to slide the cells closer together to get it all to fit on the page.

Let me know if you have any trouble with it!
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    You loook GREAT!!!! You must be so proud
  • KateB1982
    Options

OK here it is! The link is open to anyone, so feel free to share it. I found this online, but made a lot of modifications, and it is VERY easy to use....enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmBawuhJvld5dFBNQnRfMUNtU3F4TXc4YmdpWWQyRnc

*Make sure you do "print preview" before you print, to make sure that everything fits on the page...you *might* have to slide the cells closer together to get it all to fit on the page.

Let me know if you have any trouble with it!

Thanks!!
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! You look great! Keep up the good work!! BTW, I am loving that blue and white suit!!
  • krissypea79
    Options
    Fantastic!! You look great! Keep up the good work!! BTW, I am loving that blue and white suit!!

Thank you!! Victoria's Secret :wink:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have heard more and more of the NROLFW. You can really tell a difference in your thighs, I can at least. :flowerforyou:
    Or you can just tell she's standing in a different position.

I can definitely see a change in the abs though.
  • krissypea79
    Options
    Great job! I have heard more and more of the NROLFW. You can really tell a difference in your thighs, I can at least. :flowerforyou:
    Or you can just tell she's standing in a different position.

I can definitely see a change in the abs though.

Yes it's a different position...but my thighs are an inch smaller around.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!