30 Day Shred Group Sept 1st!!! Here we go!!!

Options
Ok, everyone. It's midnight on the east coast, so that means it's Sept 1st! Day 1 of our Shred group! Hope everyone saw the link and found their way here. Newcomers are welcome too. :happy: Good luck, everyone!! Check in after you've done it!
:drinker: :heart: :drinker:

Replies

• valeriegaines
    Options
    What is "Shred Group"?
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    We're all going to do Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred video. Feel free to join in :happy:
  • B4baby3
    Options
    I have been doing this for a few weeks now, and love it. It is a great workout. Level two is killer, but great. Good luck to y'all.

I would love to join this group but don't know where the link is that you are talking about.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I have been doing this for a few weeks now, and love it. It is a great workout. Level two is killer, but great. Good luck to y'all.

I would love to join this group but don't know where the link is that you are talking about.

You've already found the link :laugh: I posted the link to this thread in an older one. This is the official start. You're more than welcome to jump in :drinker:

Also, I've done level one and I believe you about level two. I watched it, but haven't done it yet. It looks like a killer :laugh:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hi, I can't start it yet, I'm not doing do great injury wise.:cry::brokenheart: So, I'll read along with ya and just be your cheerleader for now. Have fun guys.:drinker: :ohwell:
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Oh no, I don't have received my dvd at home for the time. In a few days... :ohwell:

Good luck to you all!! :flowerforyou:
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I will be starting here in an hour or so!!!..hopefully I don't hurt myself..lol...

:laugh:

Heres to my size 12's:drinker:
  • etey7
    etey7 Posts: 44
    Options
    uuhhmmm... can i still join? it's already sept 1st here in the Philippines.. if I'm gonna start tomorrow, it'll be the 2nd and I'll be a day late from the group (that is.. if I follow the timezone here).. can't really do the shred today because it's late in the evening and I just came from an 8-hour drive with only 3 hrs of sleep.. dead tired.. :yawn:

I already got the DVD and started for like three days but stopped.. Laziness got the best of me.. I need motivation because I haven't got any from discouraging family and friends.. aww. . :grumble: I'm halfway through my weight loss goal and i really don't want to go back to my lifestyle of adobo, sisig, crispy pata, lechon, kakanin and leche flan (just some of the Filipino delicacies, by the way..) so please guys..???:cry:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I will be doing this tonight - after the kids go to bed. I actually think level 2 is easier to me at least in the cardio area. Level 3 is killer.

I am going to try and do this every night at least during the week. I may miss a couple days, but only during weeks I know I'll be home on the weekend. So, I guess I'm shooting for a goal of about 5 times a week. that would mean it should take me 6 weeks to finish. We'll see.

Good luck everyone! Here's to starting our workout!:drinker:
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    did mine today back to level one. never completed this before but it knocked a few pounds off last time i got halfway through it. level two is the hardest but level three the most complicated i think. did it back in july but had a mega binge month in august so back to the start today.
    I quit smoking over the last few months and august was my first nico-free month so i was expecting a few pounds in the wrong direction.

hopefully by end of sept i will be down to 12st again. five pounds fingers crossed!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    hurray for a new thread! Im stoked
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

I would love to join your Shred group. I bought the DVD two weeks ago and have been rotating it in with other Jillian Michaels (Metabolism Boost and Trouble Zones) videos, as well as the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and Power Sculpt. I'm already down 8 lbs. in my first week. This was after attempting the Beach Body Slim in 6 program, where I did nothing but gain weight!

30 Day Shred is intense but the time (20 minutes) goes so fast and I feel energized afterward. In 25 minutes, I burned 362 calories according to my HRM. Wow!

Jillian is amazing and I can't wait for the new season of Biggest Loser to start on September 15th...that show is a huge motivator for me.

I wish you all luck on your first day of 30 Day Shred! I'll be doing it tonight!

Heather
  • tinababy
    Options
    Count me in!! I've been planning to start 9/1 for a few days now. So glad I found this; I need support, motivation, and an overall butt kicking. I'll be starting tonight. Fingers crossed.

Tina
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    AHHH! Just tracked my package through amazon and its "in transit" i hope it makes it by the time i get home tonight! If not I'm going to have to start a day late :grumble:

31345.png[/url]
  • Jovialation
    Options
    as soon as breakfast feels a bit more digested Ill be off to do the shred! woo.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    tried doing it 2 times already today...my little one has been very clingy today:grumble:
  • Jovialation
    Options
    Im not sure what was different today from most times Ive done the shred but I felt like I couldnt breathe most of the time I was doing it. I still did it with verrrryyy minimal breaks, but it was a little weird to feel that way
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Im not sure what was different today from most times Ive done the shred but I felt like I couldnt breathe most of the time I was doing it. I still did it with verrrryyy minimal breaks, but it was a little weird to feel that way

Don't feel too bad about it because you blasted through it! Keep in mind the rule is to always do as much as you are comfortable and work your way up from there.

For me, I've found that drinking water before and during the workout helps me with being able to breathe. I have no idea why this is, but it seems to work. Also, remember to exhale when lifting weights up or doing those squats or lunges.

I can't wait to go home tonight so I can Shred! Good luck, everyone!

Heather
  • yellowhouse
    Options
    I did it yesterday- wanted to check it out. I am so sore today- good sore but still very sore. I hope by this afternoon I will be able to do it again. I plan on going to the gym tonight so it will be a good exercise day for me today. I am curious to hear how others feall after doing this- am I the only one who was caught off guard ?- I never thought I would feel so sore after such a short workout
  • everyday
    Options
    Its a killer!!!

1st day done

I did 20 min warm up on the treadmill & level 1.

Last time I did a Shred was in July, I took a few 5-10 second breaks, those pushups get me, even though I do girlie ones.

But It feels absolutely AWESOME to be back, doing - SOMETHING... :smile:

~I know JM will be kicking my a** into shape~!