NROLFW - Before & During Pics

Options

Replies

• cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I just bought the book! I have a ?, i am pretty lean right now, do I have to gain fat in order to tone up? I am currently eating 1600-1700cal a day, i try eating more, but i just feel soo full and like im going to burst. lol
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work.
    And 5x5 programs rock!
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You have sold me!! Going to buy it this weekend!
  • krissypea79
    krissypea79 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I just bought the book! I have a ?, i am pretty lean right now, do I have to gain fat in order to tone up? I am currently eating 1600-1700cal a day, i try eating more, but i just feel soo full and like im going to burst. lol

I don't know that I am in a position to answer your question correctly, but I don't see any reason why you'd need to gain fat. You can start lifting and you will continue to be lean and to gain muscle. You will love the book - and I bet after you read it, you won't use the term "tone up" ever again hehehe. Lou Schuler does not care for "tone" or "sculpt" haha. I've upped my calories since I began, too, and sometimes it definitely is hard to eat more, because I am simply not hungry - but I really think it is important to feed your body, especially extra protein when you are lifting heavy! Give it a shot! :smile:
  • christianadivine
    christianadivine Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HUGE difference! Definitely inspirational!!! I'm def honna get this book! I already lift but might change routines once I'm a little stronger! :)
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Girl, the difference in your body after only 4 weeks is phenomenal! You should not only be proud of your success but that you have inspired so many others to get the book (including me)! I have only a little bit of weight left to lose and wanted to learn what I could do to get FIT and this looks like it'll help! Thanks again! :)
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    what a body you have!!! get showing that off in the summer! you should be really proud of your hard work
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    thats it, i'm gonna start lifting. you look phenomenal!!!
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options

I don't know that I am in a position to answer your question correctly, but I don't see any reason why you'd need to gain fat. You can start lifting and you will continue to be lean and to gain muscle. You will love the book - and I bet after you read it, you won't use the term "tone up" ever again hehehe. Lou Schuler does not care for "tone" or "sculpt" haha. I've upped my calories since I began, too, and sometimes it definitely is hard to eat more, because I am simply not hungry - but I really think it is important to feed your body, especially extra protein when you are lifting heavy! Give it a shot! :smile:

Ya I see what your saying. I started reading it yesterday, I am only on chapter 3, according to the book I am not eating enough so I am freaking out. LOL I have been watching my protein like a hawk lately, I have noticed a HUGE difference since doing so. I have noticeable biceps and calves but I have a super boney upper half (shoulders and back) and I dont know how to fix that. I never was this boney before and I dont like it. LOL. I still have a poochy stomach, so i just dont understand. hmmm I will try aiming for atleast 1900 on workout days and 1600 on non-workout days. I am currently doing Body Revolution program by Jillian Michaels
  • westcoastredhead
    Options
    Well I've been on the fence for about a month now about how to approach strengh training and after seeing yet another glowing review for NROLFW I just got back from the mall on lunch and have my new copy of the book ready to be read!!

Thanks for finally getting me off my butt and into gear. I am completely burning out of cardio 7 days a week, time to change it up!
    Hopefully I'll be posting something similar in the not too distant future!

Nicole
  • 010Elle010
    010Elle010 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm looking into the book now! Keep up the great work
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    So motivational!!!
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    wow, such great results! ...i may have to get this book
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    dang! that's only 4 weeks!??? Or had you lost some weight before you started NROL?

I've been doing it 4 weeks and haven't lost ANYTHING, AND I have to teach spin alternate days, so way more cardio.

I do see greater definition in my muscles though, but not near as dramatic as this.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Wow look at you!! I might just have to get rock some NROLFW.!!! Congrats!! You look great!

Cheers to a healthier you!!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic! Such a great change for just 4 weeks.

I really hope this motivates any other women who are thinking of lifting but unsure if it'll give them the results they want!
  • jamielynn1981
    jamielynn1981 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    OMG! you look AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress. You look fantastic and I'd bet that you feel really strong! Also, I love that striped bikini and can I please have your abs?
  • Amybcb
    Amybcb Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference - awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!