I hate water

Options

Replies

• ThePunkHippie
    Options
    Drink whatever you want. Don't like plain water? Diet soda, non-diet soda, Crystal Lite, coffee, tea, juice, milk, sports drinks, beer... All hydrate you just about as effectively as water, the only downside is that some of them have calories you would have to account for. Hydration is all about FLUID, not about water.

WTF??
    Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't.

Not to mention that artificial sweeteners trick your body into thinking it's getting sugar and then when it doesn't get any it can go a little haywire! Some people also believe it stimulates your hunger hormone.

Better to avoid them if you can.

As well as beer, which completely dehydrates you. I'm sorry, but I just cannot believe someone actually justifies that ANY beverage is hydrating. WOW.
    Woo, and i thought i was quite blonde ha!

Well why don't you all take it up with the Mayo Clinic because they believe it does.

If you've found support for the Mayo Clinics findings on this, please I'd like to see it. Being totally serious, I'd like to know how this works, if they believe its true.

So what you're saying is you came into this thread, made stupid comments, & DIDNT EVEN BOTHER reading a damn thing that was already here?
    There's been links mentioned multiple times already.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever you want. Don't like plain water? Diet soda, non-diet soda, Crystal Lite, coffee, tea, juice, milk, sports drinks, beer... All hydrate you just about as effectively as water, the only downside is that some of them have calories you would have to account for. Hydration is all about FLUID, not about water.

WTF??
    Thats quite dumb really, water has tons of benefits that all these other drinks don't.

Like what?
    Google "benefits of drinking water", you'll find loads of reasons that i can't be bothered typing tbh.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

WTF??

Not to mention that artificial sweeteners trick your body into thinking it's getting sugar and then when it doesn't get any it can go a little haywire! Some people also believe it stimulates your hunger hormone.

As well as beer, which completely dehydrates you. I'm sorry, but I just cannot believe someone actually justifies that ANY beverage is hydrating. WOW.
    Woo, and i thought i was quite blonde ha!

Well why don't you all take it up with the Mayo Clinic because they believe it does.

If you've found support for the Mayo Clinics findings on this, please I'd like to see it. Being totally serious, I'd like to see proof of this.

There are a lot of links, including to the Mayo Clinic on this thread - they start on the first page. I would suggest reading through it.
  • MaryBowen27
    MaryBowen27 Posts: 132
    Options
    I really like seltzer water, but it's sort of an acquired taste. I used to hate it! But it's better than the sugar added waters and stuff!
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    What you want to count as water is up to you. But your body counts just about everything liquid as water.If only pure water counted most babies would be dehydrated. Both formula and breast-milk have protein and sugar (among other things) and yet even babies with their immature guts are able to extract the water from them to hydrate themselves.
    Amazing bodies we have; don't you think it great how they multi task without us even thinking about it?

OK, I agree with you completely. I will make one tiny quibble: it's not any liquid. Oil is liquid and will not hydrate you. But, I am being pedantic. You obviously mean that any beverage (short of strong booze, I guess, which will make you dehydrated) will hydrate the body.
    Good thing the person you're quoting said "just about everything liquid", then. Why spend your time arguing about petty things like this that aren't even wrong?

Because it burns calories.

LOL See, I got that one! Apply it to your reply to me on the same subject, okay? :blushing: :tongue:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

WTF??

Like what?
    Google "benefits of drinking water", you'll find loads of reasons that i can't be bothered typing tbh.

Nice deflection. You did not answer my question. You are saying people are dumb - its pretty much up to you to prove it. Please look through this thread to see all the sources that prove you are.
  • temp666777
    temp666777 Posts: 169
    Options
    The solution is very simple ... coffee.

Just make coffee (personally I just prefer good quality instant coffee) and drink it either hot or cold.

Coffee is nothing but good for you, and it even (very slightly) boosts your metabolism to help you lose weight.

And don't forget -- NOT ALL thinkers on weight loss and health, share this fanaticism for drinking huge amounts of water. Many people say it just abuses your kidneys, etc, too much -- DO NOT drink so much water. Just drink what feels comfortable.

By all means, drink coffee or tea. It's great for you all-around. DO NOT add sugar, for goodness sake. If you must add cream, add FIVE PERCENT CREAM, and just a little bit of it -- DON'T add milk. Try to limit yourself to about 50 ml of 5% cream each day.

I just make a small pitcher of 50ml of 5% cream in the morning (use a scale, obviously), and then I know I have that much to use in coffee during the day. That's about 40 calories.

And of course, fat is absolutely essential, and don't forget FAT is the ONLY WAY you will feel satiated and not hungry: carbohydrates make you hungry, fat makes you not-hungry. So, taking some cream in your coffee is a great way to continue your fat intake during the day, along with greek yoghourt, butter, oils, etc.

in any event, DO NOT knock yourself out about drinking water, water, water - many experts do not at all agree with this notion that we have to "drink huge amounts of water."

Some people are addicted to soft drinks, which of course, nobody should ever drink, ever. IF that is the case, you might have to flood yourself with ice cold water, PURELY to help you somehow stop chugging soft drinks. But other than that, I would say do NOT flood yourself with water.

Don't hesitate to drink coffee, and tea. Obviously you can have no sugar in it, but add a little 5% cream if you wish.
  • Charloo1990
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

Nice deflection. You did not answer my question. You are saying people are dumb - its pretty much up to you to prove it. Please look through this thread to see all the sources that prove you are.
    Im not calling anyone dumb, im saying that the quote is dumb so i think you'll find your the dumb one thanks.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

Im not calling anyone dumb, im saying that the quote is dumb so i think you'll find your the dumb one thanks.

Yup - because I am the one argiung with findings from, for example, the Mayo Clinic......right.
  • Charloo1990
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

Yup - because I am the one argiung with findings from, for example, the Mayo Clinic......right.
    I have no idea what the "mayo clinic" is and tbqh i couldnt give a crap. All i know is im leaving now cause i can't be bothered to argue with a woman twice my age that should know by now that people are entitled to their opinions.
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

NO WHERE did anyone say that there weren't benefits to drinking water. What's being said is that the water content of these other drinks is just as good as the water that comes out of the tap & doesn't have anything extra added to it.

Try to learn what you're talking about
  • downieel
    downieel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    The amount of stupid in this thread is incredible

PURE FACT!
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

I have no idea what the "mayo clinic" is and tbqh i couldnt give a crap. All i know is im leaving now cause i can't be bothered to argue with a woman twice my age that should know by now that people are entitled to their opinions.

OMFG this is hilarious. You claim that adding something to water negates the positive effects of water, but then don't even have a clue what the Mayo Clinic is.
    there's a difference between having an opinion, & having an uninformed opinion that you're trying to pass off as fact.
  • temp666777
    temp666777 Posts: 169
    Options
    "Drink whatever you want. Don't like plain water? Diet soda, non-diet soda, Crystal Lite, coffee, tea, juice, milk, sports drinks, beer... All hydrate you just about as effectively as water, the only downside is that some of them have calories you would have to account for. Hydration is all about FLUID, not about water. "

This is exactly correct. The young lady with the light-coloured hair is totally correct.

Water is:

A "H2O" molecule.

I can absolutely assure everyone that the H2O molecules in "plain water" are utterly identical to the H2O molecules in whisky, coca-cola, tea and everything else.

All drinks hydrate you just as well as water does.

There's nothing whatsoever wrong with drinking Coca-Cola EXCEPT THAT in contains a staggering amount of calories, just as Charloo says. It would be utterly impossible to lose fat, if you are getting that many calories.

The only reason "the Mayo clinic" and so on suggest drinking plain water, is that, Americans (and everyone else!!) are Fat and plain water is a good way to slash your calorie intake.
  • katgirl985
    katgirl985 Posts: 212 Member
    Options

WTF??

Exactly, artificial sweetners just make u crave the real thing hence why i avoid it.

Me too, but it was really hard to "give up" when I first started. Feel 1,000,000 x better now, though!
  • Charloo1990
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

NO WHERE did anyone say that there weren't benefits to drinking water. What's being said is that the water content of these other drinks is just as good as the water that comes out of the tap & doesn't have anything extra added to it.

Oh right, so your telling me that drinking beer and fizzy drinks full of calories can be as beneficial. Doubt it. I was comenting merely on that one comment not stating a fact for all the drinks in the world. Sheeeesh!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

My age has nothing to do with anything and it is totally irrelevant in this context.. And it is obvious that you cannot give a crap to actually learn anything. There are such things as opinion and there are such things as fact - you really need to learn the difference. I would also suggest you use your magnificant googling skills and look up the Mayo Clinic. Also, I would also suggest you start reading this thread from the beginning - you really only need to read the 1st page to see links to articles from very well regarded experts.
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

Oh right, so your telling me that drinking beer and fizzy drinks full of calories can be as beneficial. Doubt it. I was comenting merely on that one comment not stating a fact for all the drinks in the world. Sheeeesh!

Beer, no, alcohol is not water (although the water in beer is STILL water). Fizzy drinks however - yes
    are you saying that when you add sugar to water that the water no longer hydrates you? Because that's what this whole thread is about.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    I really like seltzer water, but it's sort of an acquired taste. I used to hate it! But it's better than the sugar added waters and stuff!

Sure it is, but it's no better at tydrating, and most of the fluids mentioned here--Crystal Light, Mio, diet soda--have no sugar in them either.
  • Charloo1990
    Options

WTF??

Like what?

OMFG this is hilarious. You claim that adding something to water negates the positive effects of water, but then don't even have a clue what the Mayo Clinic is.
    there's a difference between having an opinion, & having an uninformed opinion that you're trying to pass off as fact.
    Ok, your hilarious. At what point did i say that "adding something to water negates the positive effects of water". Im on about crap like fizzy drinks and beer so PLEASE, why don't u also get ur facts right.