12 Weeks Until Halloween=Let's Do This!

Options

Replies

• sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    i am pretty sure it's water weight. i think it's better to view weight loss or gain as an average of you net calories.

ott....i am so hungry today and i don't know why????? it's annoying.....:grumble:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Shucks, feeling kind of discouraged.... :grumble: :explode:

Weight is 165, up 2 lbs. again.
    Doing odd numbers now - 165 & 163
    Used to be evens - 166 & 164 :bigsmile:

Blaaaah.......... worked out like a fiend yesterday. :grumble:
    Didn't eat all cals yesterday. Ate more on the weekend, less exercise.
    Isn't it supposed to balance out? :noway: :grumble:

I'm trying to stay happy about my initial 30 lbs. down.
    Can't seem to move beyond that. :cry: :sad:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Shucks, feeling kind of discouraged.... :grumble: :explode:

Weight is 165, up 2 lbs. again.
    Doing odd numbers now - 165 & 163
    Used to be evens - 166 & 164 :bigsmile:

Blaaaah.......... worked out like a fiend yesterday. :grumble:
    Didn't eat all cals yesterday. Ate more on the weekend, less exercise.
    Isn't it supposed to balance out? :noway: :grumble:

I'm trying to stay happy about my initial 30 lbs. down.
    Can't seem to move beyond that. :cry: :sad:

How many cals are you to net?

I'm still in, but won't weigh myself for a bit. I was pretty good on trip #1, that's the easier of the 3. I did eat pretzel and peanut butter crap last night and was for sure over my cals, but I haven't been able to exercise. Today I am doing something. Still sore, but HAVE to do something. That's my prob. I'm losing any muscle I had!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    i am not sure how i am feeling about this whole weight loss thing....maybe i am happy where i am!!!!

just kidding:laugh: i am happy but i have to keep going cuz even if i don't lose another pound the rest

of my life i still have to log cuz when i don't....:grumble: things get ugly!!!!

so let's keep going gang:smokin:

we have to keep each other movin along the right road:wink:

i weigh in in the morning and i am scared as hell but at least i have all ya'll to lean on :flowerforyou:

ps....hmo4 i changed my pic see i am a girl :blushing:
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    well i am up .2 of a pound. not detrimental but still the wrong direction!!!

oh well keep going and i know it will come around. to be really honest with myself i can think back to all

of the little nibbles and cravings i gave into. i seem to do this when i get a little success. keep thinking

"i can have a little of this or that cause look how far i've come" i gotta nip that in the bud!!!

well today is a new day so i will move forward and not look back :flowerforyou:

have a great day everyone~~~:drinker:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I measured today for the first time in a month. No weigh ins for me for awhile as Im still trying to adjust metabolism and Im gaining muscle so ...yea.
    No change in the waist or arms, small change in hips and thighs. I kinda wanted my butt to be the LAST thing to get smaller, the bf likes that butt heh. :sad:
    I swear if at halloween Im still struggling like this with practically no changes I will probably scream till I cant speak for a week
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Weighed and measured today. Measurements are the same but down 1/2 pound....slowly but surely!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    i thought i was having a good day til i waited too long to eat and then had 3 margaritas and half a quesadilla.

i am beginning to wonder....will i ever learn how to do this. i mean i know what i should do but i just give in.

just a thought......
  • hmo4
    Options
    You have only 10 lbs that's why girl! It friggin sucks, I've been riding the rollercoaster for over a year! I question my recent weight loss. Don't feel or look lighter, but have my food in control. I've cut the sugar. It's been 2 weeks. And this is the best and longest I've ever done.:bigsmile: My exercise is so bad and absent though because I'm still so sore. I have 2 weeks of trips coming up-the big tests. Last year when I went, I was party girl, drinking and dancing and having a blast. This year, I'll be pouting in my room.:cry: I have a reputation to uphold!:tongue: Keep going guys, we can do this!:drinker:
  • tanya7712
    tanya7712 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself today and I did'nt lose anything this week. I also have'nt been excersizing either, so I guess thats probably why I am at a stand still. Well, hopefully next week will be better.

-Tanya
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    yeah the 10 pounds come off slow when it's the end. i also wonder if they come off slower according

to your height? it may sound silly but i just think these little bodies just don't change that easily.

like me i am 5 ft and weigh 140. that is obese on some charts but if i only feel like i have about 10

more pounds to lose. maybe i am rambling cause my coffee hasn't kicked in yet....:laugh:

anyway i am glad you guys are still on here cause i need a place to rant and ramble :noway:

today is my sweet mama's bday and we are doing lunch out so we'll see how that goes calorie wise!!

have a super day and keep postin!!!

ps hmo4 why are you sore? maybe i missed it...:sick:
  • hmo4
    Options
    I've been on dysability for 2.5 yrs with 6 shoulder dislocations and 2 surgeries-been having probs again. I also had a bladder lift a month ago. Needless to say-down there I'm still sore!!! I'm very frustrated by it all, but am finally allowed to exercise and of course have no motivation,.:sad: Help!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I'm stuck, back at 12 pounds above goal.

I'm torn what to do right now. I decided a while back to add weight training. So I added some freeweights stuff,,, nothing too heavy.

Well,,, if you're gonna lift weights you might as well get some benefit, right? So I went a little heavier with the weights and added some protein to the diet. I also adjusted my calorie deficit to 500 a day / 1 pound a week loss.

So now I'm building muscle mass. My body responds well to weight training, always did.

So - - - will I ever see that 200 lb goal? I dunno,,, right now I'm losing fat and gaining muscle, feeling great, getting less ugly. Don't want that to stop.

I think I'll build for a little longer, and then "cut" for a month and try to get some of this fat off. To do to do,,, (fun though) :smile:
  • tanya7712
    Options
    yeah the 10 pounds come off slow when it's the end. i also wonder if they come off slower according

to your height? it may sound silly but i just think these little bodies just don't change that easily.

like me i am 5 ft and weigh 140. that is obese on some charts but if i only feel like i have about 10

more pounds to lose. maybe i am rambling cause my coffee hasn't kicked in yet....:laugh:

anyway i am glad you guys are still on here cause i need a place to rant and ramble :noway:

today is my sweet mama's bday and we are doing lunch out so we'll see how that goes calorie wise!!

• tanya7712
    Options

Sorry, I don't quote very often. What I wanted to say is that I am 5'2" and I am considered over weight for my height and 135 is considered healthy weight but its on the high side. So right now I just want to be at 135 and then take it from there.

Yeah, the last 10 pounds or less are definatly the hardest because before I would loose like 3 pounds a week and now it seems I can't loose even a pound without going the extra mile. But I am sticking with it and I won't give up.

-Tanya
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Checking in... 2 lbs for me this week !!! :happy:
    Last week 175 lbs
    This week 173 lbs
    Halloween goal 11 lbs (167 lbs)
    6 more to go!!! :drinker:
  • mika24
    Options
    I am going to a big Halloween party and hope to be a UK size 10 by then...don't know if it is doable but I will give it my best. I ate chocolate for breakfast this morning so possibly not the best start to the week but I should still be under my calories if I workout for an hour and eat a healthy portion of dinner.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I'm stuck, back at 12 pounds above goal.

I'm torn what to do right now. I decided a while back to add weight training. So I added some freeweights stuff,,, nothing too heavy.

Well,,, if you're gonna lift weights you might as well get some benefit, right? So I went a little heavier with the weights and added some protein to the diet. I also adjusted my calorie deficit to 500 a day / 1 pound a week loss.

So now I'm building muscle mass. My body responds well to weight training, always did.

So - - - will I ever see that 200 lb goal? I dunno,,, right now I'm losing fat and gaining muscle, feeling great, getting less ugly. Don't want that to stop.

I think I'll build for a little longer, and then "cut" for a month and try to get some of this fat off. To do to do,,, (fun though) :smile:

Casper, you and I have a very similar body type. I too respond very well to strength training. It's like I (and likely you) can make your body change very fast if you want it to. Just my opinion, I added serious running to my workouts and the stubborn weight just started going away FAST :drinker: By any chance, do you run / jog at all?
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    Options
    hey guys!! i kinda took the holiday weekend off and haven't been checking in. tomorrow is weigh in so

we'll see how much damage i did. i feel pretty good though. i hope everyone has a great day and i'll be

checkin back in with ya.....headed to walk :smile:

btw.... my water goal today is 96 ounces.
  • bnewag123
    Options
    Hello All! I'm kind of late to join, but I would like to get in the group. Motivation is good!

My current weight is 165 and my starting weight was 170.5. I am 5 feet 7 inches tall. My goal by Halloween is to be at 150. My husband and I started P90X last Monday (August 31st) and I am loving it! I know I won't lose 5 pounds a week, but it sure was a nice start.

Good luck everyone!