~ Clean Eaters Thread ~

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hey girls!
    Jess-YUM that lunch does sound GREAT!:love: I'll have to try that out sometime!
    What kind of whole wheat tortillas do you use? I have the La Tortilla low-carb/high fiber green onion ones..just looking for the best options--also any suggestions as far as whole wheat pita pockets go? It's nice to have those on hand too-but I can never decide which are best..haha One more thing-would you mind posting your recipe for the clean chili you make? that sounds great for the chilly fall/winter months we are heading into..(please include the cal count stuff for it if you can..hehe:blushing: ) Thanks!:flowerforyou:

I just bought a different kind. I do buy the La Tortilla low-carb ones. I also buy the Santa Fe whole grain tortillas in bulk from Sam's club (my dh and kids like them better). Today I used one from Ole Mexican Foods called Xtreme Wellness whole wheat low-carb tortillas (got them at Kroger).

I will have to get my chili recipe and figure out the cal count. I'll do that when I make it, I know that I will be ready for it w/ the cooler temps!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    And the rest of my day...

Snack:
    Small apple, warmed + 1/2 c. plain yogurt + 1/2 oz walnuts

Dinner:
    3 oz chicken breast
    1 c. whole wheat rotini + 1 c. mediterranean veggies + 3 oz mushrooms +
    1/2 c. peas w/ spritz of olive oil & spices

Snack:
    Homemade cocoa made w/ skim milk, cocoa powder, packet Truvia
    1 T. natural almond butter
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    haha, today is the first day ever that I've ever run out of nutrients before running out of calories! :laugh:
    Sweet numbers today--my dark chocolate just fit :happy: :heart:

Scharffen Berger - 62% Cacao
    Bittersweet Nibby
    Bar--1 oz, 1 oz (28g) 160 14 11 2 0 7

Total: 2,074 206 76 158 38 21
    Your Daily Goal: 2,074 207 68 155 30 19
    Remaining: 0 1 -8 -3 -8 -2
    Cal Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sat Fat
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Day 3 was Tuesday and I ate clean. My first thoughts after 3 days is that eating clean and reporting it on the thread helps keep me accountable and keeps me in line with eating right instead of *winging* it.
    Here is my basics for what I had today:
    Brfst: Eggbeater/egg white omlet with orange pepper & Pnut butter toast
    Snack: Protein shake
    Lunch: Soup consisting of Steak & Veggies & Broth
    Snack: oatmeal
    Supper: McD's chicken breast filet, my own Yogurt and my own Apple. Lemonaide
    Snack: apple

Ahh...3 days behind me and no slip ups...I will do good today as well, I just know I will.

Happy Wed.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Day 3 was Tuesday and I ate clean. My first thoughts after 3 days is that eating clean and reporting it on the thread helps keep me accountable and keeps me in line with eating right instead of *winging* it.
    Here is my basics for what I had today:
    Brfst: Eggbeater/egg white omlet with orange pepper & Pnut butter toast
    Snack: Protein shake
    Lunch: Soup consisting of Steak & Veggies & Broth
    Snack: oatmeal
    Supper: McD's chicken breast filet, my own Yogurt and my own Apple. Lemonaide
    Snack: apple

Ahh...3 days behind me and no slip ups...I will do good today as well, I just know I will.

Happy Wed.

Good for you! It does keep you accountable to have to post it. Winging it never works for me!! I would be careful w/ the lemonade, or is it homemade? A lot of lemonades are made w/ HFCS.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! Glad to hear eveyrone is doing so well. I stopped counting calories yesterday for several reasons, frustration, lack of time, exhaustion and wanting to test myself and see how I do without counting. I did declare Sept as Eat Clean Month and listen to my body kinda month. So far so good...

This morning: egg whites, grilled turkey breast, one slice of whole wheat double fiber toast, whipped butter (very little).
    Snack: whole grain/flax english muffin, packet of organic cinammon peanut butter (double yummy)
    Decaf coffee and skim milk.
    I have my next two meals planned for today:
    lunch: grilled swordfish steak, veggies, balsamic vinaigrette, nectarine
    pm snack: 2% cottage cheese and blueberries

I know dinner will be healthy, craving a sweet potato and I have an assortment of lean grilled meat to choose from...

Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hello!!! Glad to hear eveyrone is doing so well. I stopped counting calories yesterday for several reasons, frustration, lack of time, exhaustion and wanting to test myself and see how I do without counting. I did declare Sept as Eat Clean Month and listen to my body kinda month. So far so good...

This morning: egg whites, grilled turkey breast, one slice of whole wheat double fiber toast, whipped butter (very little).
    Snack: whole grain/flax english muffin, packet of organic cinammon peanut butter (double yummy)
    Decaf coffee and skim milk.
    I have my next two meals planned for today:
    lunch: grilled swordfish steak, veggies, balsamic vinaigrette, nectarine
    pm snack: 2% cottage cheese and blueberries

I know dinner will be healthy, craving a sweet potato and I have an assortment of lean grilled meat to choose from...

Have a great day!!! :flowerforyou:

I have days like that too, where I just get too busy to log everything in! It's ok though!

Organic cinnamon PB... that sounds amazing!!!!!!

And now I'm craving a sweet potato. :bigsmile:
  • astridfeline
    Options
    I've been twiddling w/ my foods to try to get a 40-30-30 ratio of macronutrients, sometimes I'm too high on fat, but too low on protein. So, I decided to take the leap and cut out some egg yolks. This morning I had 1 whole egg with 3 whites, scrambled, and chicken sausage. It actually tasted fine, I was surprised! That's one more sacrifice for this lifestyle change! :laugh:

I have done different ratios. Right now I'm doing a tough cardio program, Insanity plus running so I am at 50% carb/ 25% protein/ 25% fat. I have done the 40/30/30 before also. My fats are all good ones- nuts & natural PB, olive oil, avocado, etc. So I don't stress too much if I go a little over in fat. Your breakfast sounds yummy!

Hi Jess
    Are you training for a marathon? Your workouts sound very intense!
  • queen3510
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I've been reading all your post and picking up info on how to transition to clean eating. I'm ready to transition from the instant oatmeal to the original but not sure which oatmeal to use. I like my oatmeal creamy so how would I cook the non-instant kind. Thank you ahead of time for your help and advice.

Hi and welcome!
    I use whole foods quick oats; many people like regular rolled oats or steel cut. I hear if you put the oats in the pan at the same time as the water (or milk), they will be softer. This is as opposed to waiting for the water to boil and then adding the oats in. I'm sure folks will chime in on the endless possibilities for oatmeal additions! I put a little brown sugar and blueberries on mine.

Thank you so much for your response. I'll try that method of putting in the oats at the same time as the water/milk.
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Hi Jess
    Are you training for a marathon? Your workouts sound very intense!

Not currently. I have run one before though! And I did run 2 half marathons in the spring!! :bigsmile:

I'm doing a new intense program from Beachbody called Insanity! And I keep up my 3 days of running a week w/ my buddies. :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Wednesday so far...

Pre-workout:
    Medium banana
    8 almonds

Breakfast:
    Usual oatmeal + 1/2 oz walnuts

Lunch:
    1 c. plain yogurt + 1/2 c. blueberries + 1/2 c. Clifford crunch + 1/4 oz walnuts
    Nectarine

Snack:
    1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal + 1 chopped apple (cooked) + 1/2 scoop French Vanilla protein powder + 1/4 c. cottage cheese + 1/2 oz walnuts.

(trying to get in more good fats, so I'm spreading it out through each meal/ snack!)
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Dinner:
    Mixed greens, shredded carrots, mushrooms, 2oz chicken breast, 1oz pork,
    balsamic + 1 tsp. olive oil, 2 T. garlic artichoke salsa;
    Small baked sweet potato w/ 1/4 c. cottage cheese + cinnamon

Snack later:
    My usual evening hot cocoa w/ skim

Total:
    2,040 (164 still left)
  • alf1163
    Options
    Oh Jess, I found that organic cinammon PB at whole foods. They had little squeeze packets for 50 cents!! So I had to try it and it is insanely delicious!!! I am going back for more. :laugh:

For dinner I had grilled chicken breast, grilled asparagus, and oven fried sweet potatoes. They were delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I am resting because I am heading out for an evening run. :flowerforyou:
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I don't remember where I got the idea (I thought it was in this post somewhere-but anyway...I just made this frozen banana ice cream "dessert"-omg..just a frozen banana into the food processor and BAM banana ice cream--marvelous! Thanks to whoever posted this!!
  • astridfeline
    Options
    I put a banana in the freezer for tomorrow's smoothie before reading this--we must be on the same wavelength!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I don't remember where I got the idea (I thought it was in this post somewhere-but anyway...I just made this frozen banana ice cream "dessert"-omg..just a frozen banana into the food processor and BAM banana ice cream--marvelous! Thanks to whoever posted this!!

I think I posted it earlier in the thread somewhere, but it was in the recipe section here. I need to try it, thanks for the reminder!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Oh Jess, I found that organic cinammon PB at whole foods. They had little squeeze packets for 50 cents!! So I had to try it and it is insanely delicious!!! I am going back for more. :laugh:

For dinner I had grilled chicken breast, grilled asparagus, and oven fried sweet potatoes. They were delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I am resting because I am heading out for an evening run. :flowerforyou:

Sounds delicious!!!!! Yummy dinner... I love asparagus! Enjoy your run!
  • alf1163
    Options

Just a frozen banana? That's it? I dont have a food processor, a blender or one of those shake mixers will do?

Had a nice run. Burned close to 500 cals so I fixed myself "breakfast". Kashi go lean, skim milk, some walnuts and a banana. Yeah a lot but I know/feel I have not eaten all my calories today. I want to listen to my body and my body was asking for that. :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Just a frozen banana? That's it? I dont have a food processor, a blender or one of those shake mixers will do?

Had a nice run. Burned close to 500 cals so I fixed myself "breakfast". Kashi go lean, skim milk, some walnuts and a banana. Yeah a lot but I know/feel I have not eaten all my calories today. I want to listen to my body and my body was asking for that. :laugh: :flowerforyou:

I think a blender would be fine. Yep, just frozen bananas. I think it said to mix it for a few minutes.

Yeah, when you burn a lot of cals you need to refuel after. :bigsmile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Ta da-that's the banana recipe.:bigsmile: Jess, got my scale. Guess I just can't dump a scoop of say casserole on it to get accurate #s, eh? Yes I'm Canadian. It takes time to measure it although though, or does it get faster? I haven't quite had the time to use it lots. So how do you enter it on you food log on this site. That takes time too! Eating still pretty well on track, but exercise is a bust-still sore, and I have to go away for 2 weeks, with lots of walking. How I'll do this is another question. I'm sure I'm losing alot of muscle.:cry: