30 Day Shred Group Sept 1st!!! Here we go!!!

Options

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Jovi, it will definitely take me more than 30 days to get through this, so I'll be here a while :laugh:

Blueyed, I agree with you on the side lunges! Killers :tongue:

I'll be "shredding " later this evening :happy: Good luck, ladies... and gent !!! :wink:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Wow, am I glad to hear that I'm not the only one who struggles with those darn side lunges! My shoulders kill doing these, even when I'm only using 2 lb. weights; I use 5 lbs. for the rest of the moves.

I can't wait to do my 30 Day Shred tonight when I get home! Good luck tonight, everyone!

~Heather~
  • everyday
    Options
    Hi Fellow shredders:wink:

I woke up this morning kinda sore, but wanting to Shred, but I think I better stick to every other day, like planned.

Heather Good idea on the stretching.... Thanks!

skywalker I agree anything that will show progress & keep us accountable.

jewely Did you eat a good breakfast?

etey I like your....."29 days to go before being shredded...."

Jovi But you did lose inches & in the good places, thats SUCCESS!!! I am going to do for however long its takes to do 30 Shreds. 2-3 months, dont know till it progresses along.

Simplicity Kudo for posting your measurements. I'll post mine after seeing you did.

Yankeefamily You can modify the jumping jack to side steps with arms - same as jacks or marching in place. Anything to keep moving & keep your heat rate elevated to burn!

blueyed blond I have used 5lbs months before, on all.... but those side lunges with arm raises, killed my shoulders.

Shamrock Is your weight loss group here?If so can anyone join?

I hope EVERYONE is feeling well & are CHARGED UP for their next scheduled SHRED!
  • everyday
    Options
    YIKES here it goes>>>> :embarassed:

Waist 34" sucked in
    hips 38"
    chest 36"
    arms 12"
    legs 23"
    under chest 35"
    weigh in 149

I would like to lose at my waist & hips and the top stay the same, which is always the 1st to go.
    I gained .5 lbs since Fri, which itsn't good.

I'll measure again after 15 Shreds... maybe 10??
  • yellowhouse
    Options
    Day 2 of shred - done! I was sore but got through it and actually found it easier than yesterday. I plan to go to the gym this evening for my normal 60 min. on the elliptical too. My abs are so sore that it hurts to laugh.
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    Hi Fellow shredders:wink:

I woke up this morning kinda sore, but wanting to Shred, but I think I better stick to every other day, like planned.

Heather Good idea on the stretching.... Thanks!

skywalker I agree anything that will show progress & keep us accountable.

jewely Did you eat a good breakfast?

etey I like your....."29 days to go before being shredded...."

Jovi But you did lose inches & in the good places, thats SUCCESS!!! I am going to do for however long its takes to do 30 Shreds. 2-3 months, dont know till it progresses along.

Simplicity Kudo for posting your measurements. I'll post mine after seeing you did.

Yankeefamily You can modify the jumping jack to side steps with arms - same as jacks or marching in place. Anything to keep moving & keep your heat rate elevated to burn!

blueyed blond I have used 5lbs months before, on all.... but those side lunges with arm raises, killed my shoulders.

I hope EVERYONE is feeling well & are CHARGED UP for their next scheduled SHRED!
    true, thanks for the reminder lol

Im doin the same. I figure at 5 days a week Ill be over 30 by the end of 3 months :tongue:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hey guys id like to join... i started the shred this morning (i did it for 2.5 weeks in july, but then was out of the country so im starting over).... very rough but im glad to be back in it!
  • skywalker
    Options
    Day 2 complete, along with some serious cardio :happy:
    Taking tomorrow off and doing yoga. I need a serious stretch. :tongue: I've decided that my plan is to do the Shred for 2 days, take a rest day, then just keep repeating that cycle along with cardio and yoga. I guess I'll see how that works for me. Good luck, everyone. :drinker:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I AM SO JEALOUS! I'm just sooo sore, I can't do it.:sad: :sad: When will I ever get better. The only way I can get through anything is on drugs. Enjoy guys,hopefully I can start Oct.1. That's now my new goal. If I'm not better by then, I'll lose my mind:tongue: I'm rooting for you all, and if anyone wants to go slow, you can always start with me. (I feel so left out:cry: ):flowerforyou:
  • sudzie88
    sudzie88 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hey guys... super sore but i am going to stretch and do day 2 and hit the gym soon... i did this before earlier in the summer so i can tell you all that in a few days you become a lot less sore - you just gotta work through it! (no shame in taking a day off though ;) )

good luck everyone!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

My weight loss group is actually on another board - for mothers. If you are a mother you can join the message board and join our group. We start next Tuesday.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I actually got my butt in gear last night and started over. Remember I all but finished the shred the beginning of August. So, I took a few weeks off.

I'm slightly sore, but nothing I even notice most of the time. I found most of the moves I could actually finish this time around. I had a hard time with the first cardio - the jumping jacks and jump ropes I think. Don't worry - those get harder in the next levels. But, I had to take a couple breaks in there. My goal is to push myself and not need those breaks.

I can't do all the lunges all the time. I have a bad left knee so I have issues with those. But, other than that I feel really good about doing this again. I can't wait to actually see some more results. I did get more toned last time and lost some inches for sure. Not a whole lotta weight, but my clothes felt better. I hope to lose some LBS this time.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

I hate to admit that I did not Shred last night, I walked for 2 hours and 15 minutes at my volunteer work, where I walk in the arena with the kids and horses. It's such a blast and burns some good calories since we're walking in sand the whole time.

It will be back to Shred tonight, though and I'm looking forward to it.

For those of you who are sore, stretching is key! For sore abs, do the cobra yoga pose and the "full body stretch" where you lie on your back and stretch arms and legs as far as you can, with toes pointed. I swear by these two stretches more than any others.

Have a great day and happy exercising!
    Heather
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    well after day three today i feel good.
    everyone seems to have a hard time with the lateral raises but i seem to be able to do them. i struggle with the first ones, shoulder press and squat, for some reason i can't hold my arms up in the air.
    don't want to sound annoying but i found with the raises getting the breathing right really helps i was getting it all wrong to start. same with abs.
    i feel like i am permenantly flexing as my shoulders don't want to relax lol makes me feel good though.

tonight i will have a good sleep and go for the push up challenge and level one in the morning and possibly level two at night. i want to fit into some jeans.

anyone else experiencing extreme motivation this month or have i stolen it all tee hee.

good luck everyone!:drinker: :tongue:
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with the side lunges & shoulder raises mostly because my ankles seem to give up after awhile. my arches & achiles (sp?) both start to hurt by the end so I have to try and give myself a little leeway toward the end so I dont actually injure myself. I try to keep my breathing at a good pattern but I tend to end up panting so much that I cant lol

After I finish this glass of water I am off to do day three!
    Hope everyone is doin well today...Ive been really discouraged lately because its been two months with verrryyy little change, but Im motivated to keep trying
  • everyday
    Options
    Hello STRONG Shredders

2 done 28 to go......

I waited till this afternoon to do & ran out of steam. I need to fit it in, in the morn, so I have the energy.

Those side lunges w/ the raises, I counted like 25 the 1st set & 18 the 2nd... thats a bunch.

Breathing takes awhile to get together. What made the most sense to me was....Exhale as you go against gravity & dont hold your breath.

~~hmo4 I feel for you, injuries are the pits!!!!:cry: Hang in there.
  • Iwkido
    Iwkido Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've finally received my dvd this morning! :smile: But is it to late to join you? :ohwell: :embarassed:
  • skywalker
    Options
    I've finally received my dvd this morning! :smile: But is it to late to join you? :ohwell: :embarassed:

It's never too late! Welcome!!! :flowerforyou:

I'm taking a rest day from the Shred today in favor of yoga. I'll be back tomorrow for day 3!!! :drinker:
  • yellowhouse
    Options
    Day 3 done plus a trip to the gym.

I was wondering when to switch to level 2? I was thinking I would give level one at least 7 days. Also, how heavy are the weights you all are using?
  • skywalker
    Options
    I'm going to try to move up to the next level after 10 days. I'm using 3 lb weights, but really should up it to 5 lbs (with the exception of those side lunges with the raises... ouch :tongue: ).