Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

Options

Replies

• shortshortssoon
    Options
    Hello everyone, I just completed the first week of the Body Revolution Program and lost 4.2 pounds. I decided to take a rest day every week from exercise but also the diet plan. It is my day off today and I have been grazing on fruit, low fat snacks, and whole wheat crackers but no junk food or fast food. I think that I will be more successful this way. What do you guys think? I am also new to my fitness pal and wrote my first blog, not sure if I did it right.

Hoping to make some friends to hold my actions and help me reach my goals!
  • julsinfinite
    Options
    Hi all!!

I am now on my second day of the Body Revolution and have gone all out with both her workouts and her 7-Day Kickstart meal plan. I am making everything from scratch, a far cry from the processed foods I am used to. I am loving the workouts, its so positive with all the people in there and the music just rocks!

I've done Jillian's 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 with great success but have now reached a plateau. I do not have that much weight to lose, and I am more of a yo-yo dieter recycling the same 20 pounds for the past years. I am a victim of emotional eating and a stressful lifestyle and am seeking to end this once and for all.

If you are interested in following my journey, I have created a blog which I will be posting to daily describing how I prepare the meals (I will attempt to cook right out of her Fat Burning Meal Plan book and will be following her 7-Day Kickstart as well), and detailing my progress with the entire 90 days of workouts.

Here is my blog-
    http://julsinfinite.blogspot.com/
  • julsinfinite
    Options
    Yes! It is worth it. I can't vouch 100%, no one can because its so new, you know what I mean? But I have a 100% positive feeling about this because I've done so many of her workouts, and Jillian's has always done good for me. I believe in what she does also because her work is always well researched. I have read her book "Master Your Metabolism" and it has changed my life. I've always thought of life as food in, food out, calories and exercise, but she's taught me that its so much more than that. What you eat, your environment, your stress levels and your sleep works in concert to make it happen for you. Attaining one's prime level of health is so much more than just calories in and out. Its all biochemical and our metabolic, hormonal health is so much more complex than that!

Sorry if i am just going on and on, but all I can say is that I can vouch for her methods because I have lived them and felt the difference. The problem with me is that I have let my stressful life taken over me, and wreck havoc on my metabolism. I have also reached a plateau with my workouts.

http://julsinfinite.blogspot.com/
  • AprilKill
    AprilKill Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have the soft copies, if anyone is interested :)
  • jorden25
    jorden25 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for all the input on JMBR!
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    I started Phase 1 Week 4 yesterday and so far I am down 3 lbs. I will take measurements at the end of this week as that will complete Phase 1! I am loving the workout. I have SEVERAL of JM's Workout DVD's so it was only natural that I would purchase (and love) this one as well. It is expensive but I've found that this just drives me more because I'm too cheap to let my money go to waste! :laugh:
  • julsinfinite
    Options
    Does anyone know how long it takes for delivery? Also, are you all following the eating plan too?

Mine took just over a week to arrive. Yes, I am following the eating plan as well. Its great. Such a turnaround from the processed food world I came from

julsinfinite.blogspot.com
  • JulieBFit4Life
    Options
    I am on day 4 of week (doing the kickstart) and I am down almost 3.5 lbs from 155 lbs. follow my blog at http://mybodyrevolutionblog.wordpress.com/
  • gnlmoschetti
    gnlmoschetti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and ultimately have 50 pounds to lose. I am in the middle of week six of Jillian's Body Revolution. I have followed the workouts and did the kickstart week faithfully. I haven't been following her diet exactly since then but have been keeping calories around 1200 and not more than 1400 per day. I didn't lose any weight that first week.... so sad to give up all grains, fruit, sugar, and cheese.... without any results. The second week I was down 6 pounds... yay!! so fast forward to week five.... back up 6 pounds... boo!! So now I am back to my starting weight and trying sooo hard not to let this discourage me. I am sticking with it however because of how great I feel! The half hour workout is very doable every day and I have gained so much strength in 6 weeks I really can't believe it. I am holding on to the thought that the weight loss will come eventually, how can it not with an increase in muscle mass? I am considering finishing the second half of the program following her diet to a T, so we'll see how that goes. I have experienced every other benefit from her program except weight loss at this point, and I feel so much better and stronger than I did 6 weeks ago, so I'm still motivated to show up. I'm glad to read a lot of others are not having the rapid extreme weight loss Jillian advertises. Oh and my chronically sore lower back screamed at me the first 3 to 4 weeks, but now I'm glad to report that I hardly have any back pain at all! That alone is worth a million burpies!
  • jenndelgado
    jenndelgado Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just got this workout and most likely starting today. I'm excited and hope i can stick to it. I get workout ADHD where something else catches my eye and I want to do it too. :p
  • riotgrrl1
    riotgrrl1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did anyone find the Cardio 1 DVD too easy? I just skipped to cardio 2 because I had been exercising regularly prior to BR.
  • vandons
    vandons Posts: 4
    Options
    Any men doing this workout?

I am doing Power 90 and like the simplicity of it. I have been thinking of doing this series of workouts because of the short 30 minute length of them and Jillian seems to have a really good rep. I have never used any of her products. In fact I am new to the world of workout videos with Power 90 being the first I have used.

I don't want to learn complex choreography or moves. I just want something that gets me sweating in a fairly short period of time without a whole lot of equipment.

I'm working on getting fit enough to do Insanity. I don't really like the looks of P90x because the workouts look to be too long and it seems they require quite a bit of equipment.

Would this be a good fit?
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if this program is suitable to men? P90x is too much for me right now and I'm currently looking to cut fat and gain/maintain my muscle.

Thanks.

Edit:

I've been doing weight training and cardio 5 times a week for the passed month and a half and while I'm getting good results my abdomen has stayed more or less the same and I haven't lost enough weight to justify sticking with this same routine. If anyone can let me know if their husband, boyfriend or w.e. have done this program and it has worked for them that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Anyone know if this program is suitable to men? P90x is too much for me right now and I'm currently looking to cut fat and gain/maintain my muscle.

Thanks.

Edit:

I've been doing weight training and cardio 5 times a week for the passed month and a half and while I'm getting good results my abdomen has stayed more or less the same and I haven't lost enough weight to justify sticking with this same routine. If anyone can let me know if their husband, boyfriend or w.e. have done this program and it has worked for them that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

I absolutely think this is for men! There are a few ripped guys on there, crying like babies...lol. You'll just have to up your wweights as necessary. Look up my friend, phatsoslim (Trina). She is doing a second round, and her husband is doing a first round. She's a fantastic gal, and will be able to give you lots of info.

Good luck!!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and ultimately have 50 pounds to lose. I am in the middle of week six of Jillian's Body Revolution. I have followed the workouts and did the kickstart week faithfully. I haven't been following her diet exactly since then but have been keeping calories around 1200 and not more than 1400 per day. I didn't lose any weight that first week.... so sad to give up all grains, fruit, sugar, and cheese.... without any results. The second week I was down 6 pounds... yay!! so fast forward to week five.... back up 6 pounds... boo!! So now I am back to my starting weight and trying sooo hard not to let this discourage me. I am sticking with it however because of how great I feel! The half hour workout is very doable every day and I have gained so much strength in 6 weeks I really can't believe it. I am holding on to the thought that the weight loss will come eventually, how can it not with an increase in muscle mass? I am considering finishing the second half of the program following her diet to a T, so we'll see how that goes. I have experienced every other benefit from her program except weight loss at this point, and I feel so much better and stronger than I did 6 weeks ago, so I'm still motivated to show up. I'm glad to read a lot of others are not having the rapid extreme weight loss Jillian advertises. Oh and my chronically sore lower back screamed at me the first 3 to 4 weeks, but now I'm glad to report that I hardly have any back pain at all! That alone is worth a million burpies!

I will say that I was thoroughly disappointed at not losing any weight. The main problem was getting my calories correct. I'm sorry, but 1200 calories a day is not a one size fits all. I needed more than that, and am now losing a pound a week. The safe way!

What I did get from JMBR is amazing strength, endurance, and committment. What I would suggest is doing more cardio, even if it's at 2 different times during the day. This program is more strengh training based, with low amounts of cardio. Start adding in more cardio, and see the difference. Also take your measurements, you will see an inch loss.

Good luck!!
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options

Thanks.

Edit:

Thanks again!

I absolutely think this is for men! There are a few ripped guys on there, crying like babies...lol. You'll just have to up your wweights as necessary. Look up my friend, phatsoslim (Trina). She is doing a second round, and her husband is doing a first round. She's a fantastic gal, and will be able to give you lots of info.

Good luck!!

Thank you so much for your reply.

It's been very hard to get feedback for men will definitely ask your friend! Looks like it's something I can get good results from. I'll give the 7 day boost your metabolism" a try and go from there.

Thanks again!
  • AdrieneJ
    AdrieneJ Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Alright, I ordered mine today. Here's hoping it kickstarts me back into some progress after sitting at the same weight for a month!
  • sapph1rre
    sapph1rre Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone...I am now on my second round of Body Revolution and have definitely pushed the UP button this go around. The last couple weeks I have been low on energy due to a nasty cold. But I am feeling much better. Over the last couple weeks I have kept up my workouts but my eating wasn't the greatest in the way of keeping up proper meals. I didn't eat crap but I didn't eat the way I normally do.

Today was the start of the second half of Phase 2, Workout 7...Love it! I will continue on with Body Revolution but I want to spread the word about something else that is in the works.

I posted this today on my Facebook page and will be posting it in my blog tonight...

Okay so here's the deal...once this page of mine, http://www.facebook.com/AHealthierVersionofMeAndYou hits 200 LIKEs and my Blog, www.phatsoslim.blogspot.ca
    reaches 100 followers, I will register for the Toronto Tough Mudder 2013. So spread the word to friends, family, co-workers, the world. Lets try to get this done before the price increases on November 8th, or I might have to start asking fosr donations....LOL Just kidding. It would be cool to have a sponsor though. I'm going to work on that. Spread the WORD!!!

I have logged onto My Fitness Pal for over 500 days in a row. So you can see I committed to my journey, but I think I need a push to enter the Tough Mudder. So, please help me out and spread the word...LIKE and follow...follow and LIKE.
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the program this evening. I can't wait to get it and get started!