Show me your breakfast! (Under 400 cal)

Options

Replies

• mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Gotta save this for later. I always have so many problems with breakfast. Thanks for a great thread!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast when I don't feel like cooking and I'm sick of eggs is cream of wheat with chocolate whey protein powder mixed in! Gives it a chocolatey taste while giving me a nice boost of protein!

For one serving of cream of wheat (3 tbs dry) I use half a scoop of the protein powder. It's super yummy and filling and only 160 calories!!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    This morning for breakfast I had 2 slices of white toast with Olivio spray butter and cinnamon and sugar on top, with a banana. I also had a cup of coffee with sugar and creamer----264 calories.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    pancakes made from ricotta light cheese, egg whites, cinnamon & pumkin spice, sweetened with stevia
  • NitroS1988
    NitroS1988 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Jif Natural Low Sodium - Peanutbutter, 1 Tbsp
    Kelllogg's - Eggo Nutri-Grain Whole Wheat Waffles, 1 Waffles
    Coffee - Brewed from grounds, 3 cup (8 fl oz)
    All Whites - 100 % Liquid Egg Whites, 5 tablespoon
    Egg - Raw, 1 egg (58g)
    Peppers - Sweet, red, raw, 0.25 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2" dia)
    Homemade - Smoked Ham, 2 ounce
    Garlic - Raw, 3 tsp

Total: 420 Cals.
  • YossDillo
    YossDillo Posts: 19
    Options
    If I want a low-cal breakfast I have a serving of instant ramen and a glass of milk or some cold cereal. Err, I know that doesn't sound very appetizing but I'm sure with a little fnagling it can be improved...
  • csricci
    csricci Posts: 6
    Options
    Isalean choc shake - made with water - 240 cal, 22 or 23 grams of protein -super quick and really yummy! If I'm feeling spunky I add a banana.
  • jarirhea
    jarirhea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bagel Thins, 1/4 cup egg beaters, slice of cheese, 1-2 tbsp salsa. Toast the bagel, cook the egg beaters, put everything together except the salsa, throw it in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds, add salsa. 205 calories!
  • froggiechap
    froggiechap Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :smile: I like to have a hard boiled egg, a banana and usually 6 oz of fat free vanilla yogurt for a mid morning snack.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    o% fage, one scoop chocolate peanut butter protein powder and cup of strawberries 283cals and 45g of protein
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    1 slice dry, wheat toast (78c), 2 egg whites scrambled (32c), 2 pieces turkey bacon (70c). I make it into a foldover and it's pretty filling. Could even add a 2nd piece of toast but who needs the extra 78 calories?
  • cgillo
    cgillo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Two hard boiled eggs, coffee with a cup of dark chocolate almond milk, and an apple. 313 calories.
  • drdenise
    drdenise Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My two favorite breakfasts are: 1) Morningstar farms spicy bean burger, cut up and mixed into 1 egg and 1/2 cup egg whites. Top with homemade salsa.
    2) steel cut oats, 1/2 cup egg whites, craisins, flaxseed (ground), cinnamon on top.
  • SeeDRun
    SeeDRun Posts: 12
    Options
    I switch it up several ways but I love the Special K Strawberry Protein Shake with a couple pieces of fruit. A banana and an apple being my personal favorite.
  • Trinity1982
    Options
    Weet-bix with light soy milk and black coffee with a little milk for colour, no sugar. it's approx. 220 cals.
  • nnoland
    nnoland Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Now that it is warmer I have cottage cheese (nonfat) and a cup of no sugar added fruit, with coffee, half and half and a banana. (I spread it out).

Another cool trick is to make 1 whole egg 2 egg white scrambles with spinach, tomato, bell pepers, maybe a serving of fat free cheese then salsa or hot sauce.

Both of these are way under 400 calories. Cottage cheese is around 250 while the egg scramble is around 175! The eggs will fill you up!

I suggest eating fruit as much as possible. It's a good way to get your system going. Cut up a melon and have it ready in your fridge in single servings. I have a banana almost everyday just because it is so easy to carry, peel and eat anywhere anytime.
  • Shannonlastname
    Shannonlastname Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like to do a big handful of fresh spinach, a Kirkland (Costco) turkey patty, a sunny side up egg, and sriracha. It's low carb, pretty low fat, and packed with protein.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    First measure 1 C of dry regular or organic oatmeal and blend in a processor until it is flour consistancy. I store in a small container.

1/2 C of oatmeal flour
    1/4 tsp baking powder
    1/4 C almond milk or skim milk
    1/4 tsp vanilla, nut and butter flavoring
    1/2 small banana quartered and cut into little pieces
    1/4 fresh blue berries
    1 pkg Splenda (2 if you like sweeter)

Makes 2 large pancakes or 3 small. I fix with 2 TBS SF pancake syrup and a dollop of ff,sf whip cream.