Is there any foods you DONT enter into the meter?

Options

Replies

• katysmelly
    katysmelly Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I don't log the Eucharist, although I looked it up and it is in the database.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i don't enter the sugar free flavor packets i add to my water (10 calories, i think). just once a day though.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Besides Diet Coke, I dont enter tea or Crystal Lite type drinks. I tried but then I would make it, enter the 10 calories in the app but only drink like half then maybe half the next day. It got confusing and I didnt want to have to edit one day to add the 5 calories to the next day so I just quit.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I usually forget to log my water, but I am consciously drinking more. I don't log my coffee. Everything else. Everything. And negative calories? No such thing. (Find some way to make chocolate negative....Nobel Prize time.)
  • happythermia
    Options
    I log EVERTHING (including water and other 0 calorie things) except BOOZE. Which is ridiculous, I know! Crazy caloric! But I don't drink often, and when I do, it's usually just whiskey.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    squash (drinking kind) thats like 5 cal a glass
  • Murphy15
    Murphy15 Posts: 142
    Options
    Fruit and veggies! (not potatoes)
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I dont enter!

*Diet sodas
    *Tea
    *Veggies (as long as its not potatoes)
    *Apples (negative food - means, you burn more calories digesting it than it contains)
    *Coffie

What about you guys ! ? =)

You should enter diet soda's. They're worse for you than regular's.

And there is no such thing as negative food. Everything has calories.

What comes up in the tracker for Diet Soda that makes it worse than regular? All I know is that some diet actually do contain some calories, like Diet Mt. Dew for instance.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Lettuce.
    Carrots.
    Watermelon (when I eat it, I only eat like a cup at the most).
    Cucumber.

I don't know why I don't log the carrots and cucumber... I guess I just can't be fussed to figure out how MUCH I ate... I just eat it until I'm happy. :) For the cucumber this can sometimes mean an entire cucumber and for carrots it can mean one or two carrots max... I guess I just don't think that warrants logging.

I DO log my diet sodas... mainly because I am tracking the link between headaches and diet drinks.
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything with zero calories, like diet coke. I don't log my 10 calorie gummy vitamin, gum, or the occasional mint. I don't log my 40 calorie bedtime popsicle, because it's usually just after midnight. I'm usually several hundred calories under, so I figure it balances.

Oh, and never things like dry spices. Those calories are pretty negligible.
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't add ground pepper, or ice but that's about it. Many spices have calories, and so do a lot of vitamins. The only exception I've encountered was when I burned a ridiculous amount of calories dancing, then went over a little two days later. I didn't log maybe 100-200 calories to stay under. I seriously considered putting them back on the dancing day though. It seems a little counteractive to not add healthy foods like apples and other things. They add vitamins and fiber that MFP keeps track of for you.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything with zero calories, like diet coke. I don't log my 10 calorie gummy vitamin, gum, or the occasional mint. I don't log my 40 calorie bedtime popsicle, because it's usually just after midnight. I'm usually several hundred calories under, so I figure it balances.

Oh, and never things like dry spices. Those calories are pretty negligible.

Maybe you should. lol

And stop eating a Popsicle every day at midnight.
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I record everything that goes into my mouth good or bad including my vitamins and b-complex. Just started entering vit and b complex in my diary today.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Iceberg lettuce.
  • ShawnaRaeDunn
    ShawnaRaeDunn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I record everything. I like to see everything that I eat and drink.
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    pepsi 1, splenda (but I do enter when I use the brown sugar blend), celery, lettuce, my caramel calcium chew
  • sessaleigh
    Options
    wine and vegetables
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    for me mainly spices such as herbs etc. I do log cinnamon but I eat it in a lot of things.
    oh and vitamins I used to but it got to be a hassle
  • batalina
    batalina Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i don't log 0-calorie beverages, yellow mustard, or supplements (i'd been logging my tums that i take as a calorie supplment, but i just got so tired of it >_<)
  • pyororon
    pyororon Posts: 22
    Options
    I enter absolutely everything from diet soda to sugar free gum. I even tried searching for paper when I accidentally took a bite out of the napkin my protein cookie was in (yes, I know it's indigestible fibre).

The only thing I don't enter is when I open a new pot of greek yoghurt and lick the thick bit off the lid. That is a precious moment and no amount of fastidiousness will make me degrade it into grams of protein and sugar.