What's some advice you would tell your 16 year old self ?

Options

Replies

• amandacochran15
    Options
    Dear 16 year old Amanda,

He's been cheating on you and will continue to. Break up now and have fun. You don't like your parents now, but at 23, they're your best friends. Don't move back from Arizona. Go Active Duty Air Force instead of Air National Guard... Don't get married at 20. Even though you're still married at 23 and have a beautiful baby.

Have more fun.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 Year Old Me,

Keep being awesome.

Thx
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Study, Study, STUDY!

I missed out on Uni because I didn't get the grades required.

Although I have a great job - sometimes there's a part of me that feels I could have a much better, higher paid job

Then I could afford the personal trainer that I want so bad!
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Stop worrying about what everyone else thinks about you and the way they look. Trust me, they're so worried about how they look and what everyone else thinks that you'll be lucky to even hit their radar.

Other than that, keep doing what you're doing. Bad stuff happens, you'll make mistakes (real clangers!), but great things come out of it and you'll have everything you ever wanted and be the person you always hoped. Other people will always have more stuff, but you'll have enough of what you need.
    Always remember what "enough" means - measure your wealth in relationships. Everything else is incidental.
  • yessiseguy
    yessiseguy Posts: 116
    Options
    Dear 16 year old Yessica,

Although you will probably not care and you will be guided by your sixth sense, DO not date this soon and become involved with guys trying to be men just yet! If you do, this will be the story of your life and you will not give friends the priority they need. Men are not that neccesary for you until 28!!
    Apply for the college of your dreams and do not worry about how your parents will pay 8 years of tuition, they did. Do not think 8 years is alot and just do it, pay attention to mom not dad in this!!! Women are over dramatic! Keep being friends with Jessica even if you think shes a nerd, she proves she is not. If you' stay friends with her you both move to Dallas not Austin!

Be nice to Nydia, smile at her, she is amazing now :(

PS: do not even look at RE, he will only throw away your favorite vintage biKini and you will be sooooo mad you will only speak to him two months of your life and mom's top will be gone.

I love you,
    32 year old Yessica
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Dear me,

Your beautiful. Just put a little more effort into how you dress every morning. Do your hair, put on a dab of makeup. Etc. Play soccer as much as you can. Run a little more. Study and get your permit. And apply your self in class. You can do it, your smart. :)

Love you!

Ps. You have an amazing daughter at 23. She will be your whole world, and leave her father when he packs your stuff up after he texts your mom telling her your pregnant. You don't need him.
  • SlimSammy2012
    SlimSammy2012 Posts: 893
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

You are headed into Therapy for Depression in your adult life. Don't let your Old man get away with his discust with you! Challenge him when he says "you are not a good kid!" He's a terrible role model....
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

Don't light that cigarette. You will regret it.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Hey stupid,

Don't ever get married.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Don't get fat.

Sounds bad, but that's the only thing I'd want to change.
  • taxacctdfw
    taxacctdfw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    To never stop running......I did and gained a ton of weight. Now back at running and losing weight.

What would I tell my 25 year old self. Travel the world and experience life before you settle into your career.

What would I tell my 35 year old self: Your 40s are going to ROCK!!!

What would i tell my 40 year old self today and right now---When friends Defriend you..........MOVE ON, because you don't need to be depressed over it......... Because they don't give an "F" about you.
  • Atsumi
    Atsumi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't think or worry too much.. Do what makes you happy.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Don't date *kitten*. They're so not worth your tears.
    Don't get drunk. It's so not worth the hangover.
    Don't write that in your yearbook. It won't be funny a year from now.
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Learn to love the gym, you're in great shape now, but you won't be forever.
    Don't marry the first guy who asks you.
    Learn to communicate better, so you don't lose the one who didn't ask.
    Don't go the Arts degree route at Uni, stick with the numbers, you'll need them!
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Explore your college options instead of just deciding on one school, don't marry at 21, don't keep doing stuff you hate to make people happy, make yourself happy and healthy by not waiting until you're 29 or 30 and then realize that you need to fix yourself to live longer, don't dwell on the past, never forget who your true friends are and remember your family loves you regardless of what you think right now.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on things just because they are tough, see things through.

^^^ THIS^^^
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    dear 16 year old self: stop trying to grow up so damn fast because once you get there it is going to be alot more responsibility than you imagined and your going to wish you could be young again. live you life and have fun before you decide you need to settle down and have a family. sometimes your mother does know more than you and you are not always right. pay attention at school because while you may think its all about being "cool" when you grow up most of those "cool" friends wont be around. what really matters is learning because thats what gets you farther in life. knowledge and of course knowing the right people. TRAVEL.... its amazing and love yourself
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    See that?
    It's a barbell!
    Pick that Sh** up!!!!!
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    dear 16 year old self,

hes gay. and you're his best friend and nothing more. and he needs you to be his best friend now more than ever.

you will get over it. :D

((ugh that ws dumb of me but im so glad its over.))
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Hey Dude, really?? You think you should do that on a daily basis? Your going to pay for it!