What famous person have you ever met?

Options

Replies

• Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Oh dumb me we just saw Bill Crosby a few months ago when he came a did a show in a nearby town. We won tickets. Saw him before the show then had great tickets for the show. He was sooo funny.

Those from the 'burgh will know what I am talking about here. I was on the metro at the airport with my girlfriend and her husband. Crazy hour of the night and three other people get on. My girlfriends husband starts hitting me saying really loud "Is that who I think it is" I was half asleep looked to my right and looked basicly right into the hip of Jaromír Jágr (i was leaning on the post) I looked up he looked down and we both smiled. I looked at my friends husband and said Yes that's Jaromír Jágr. My friend hubby kept trying to me to get his autograph. I just said look don't you think he gets that everywhere. Lets just let him get where ever he is going. When the doors opened he held them and let us go first. I said thanks and he said no thank you. And I told him the game the couple nights before was great and the ref was blind he shouldn't of been in the box. He asked you watched it? I said I was there. He smiled and he and his party left and me and my friends left. My friends husband was mad at me for a month or more. :smile:
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I lost my Social Security number so I had to go to the SSA and I met Robert Irvine there who did Dinner Impossible at the time, he just moved into the area. He was pretty cool.
  • maryduggins
    maryduggins Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Matt Thiessen the lead singer from Relient K... they used to go to our church(: this was back in the late 90's so I was still pretty little(; I watched The Emporer's New Groove while sitting on his lap(: then continued to interrupt band practice because they were cute :wink:
  • djhero123
    djhero123 Posts: 20
    Options
    i met lmfao:bigsmile:
  • NamiObsidian
    Options
    My mom saw one of the ZZ Top guys at the doctor's office, but I forgot which one it was...
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Went to school with Mario Lopez, he aint all that, just sayin!
  • stlbluefansarah
    stlbluefansarah Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Surprised that Bill was a prima donna. My sister and I met him, and he actually let everyone there up into his jet to take a look, and signed tons of autographs and shook hands. I got a completely different view than you did, apparently.
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ringo Starr, Elle Macpherson, Gordon Ramsay and John Terry the football (soccer) player.
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I met Drake twice
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Met Elvis Stojko at my skating club...before he started winning competitions.

Alanis. Her manager was my swim coach's brother.

I worked at the Hotel Del Coronado as a Front Desk Supervisor for a few years. Met and shook hands with lots of celebs.
    Jamie Lee Curtis
    Laura Bush (oh yeah, those secret service guys checked in a week before she got there *drooled*)
    Half the NFL league in 2000
    Denzel Washington
    Danny Bonaduce
    Kelly Ripa
    Magic Johnson was a regular. Totally cool guy who would say hello and call me by name.
    I checked in James Cameron and his brother late one night--not knowing who he was. Carried on a good 15 min conversation with the man while my co-worker was dying with envy. "do you know who that was??!!!!"
    Lots more that I can't recall.
  • NathanJ79
    NathanJ79 Posts: 36
    Options
    My mom met Guy Fieri. We're from his hometown, so it's not really a surprise. I ate at his restaurant (Johnny Garlic's) once. The food was okay, it was overpriced, the seating was uncomfortable, and the wait times were too long. He seems like a cool guy and I love seeing him on TV when he features our hometown.

I've met Disturbed -- the original lineup, before they fired their bassist. The bassist was actually the coolest one, real down to earth, he was just this cool guy who loved to play music and interact with the fans. The guitarist and drummer were these super cool rock stars and they knew it, but they were alright. The vocalist, what a little drama queen. Comes out whining about people on the Internet hurting his feelings. And he's like five feet tall, if that, with 6" platforms. Haven't met the new bassist, he joined up later.

I met three members of Evans Blue, including the original vocalist, as well as the bassist and I forget who the other one was. The bassist was the coolest one by far. I don't know what it is with bassists, but two bands I've met and the bassist is my favorite person in the band. I guess because they're not as appreciated as the lead guitarist (unless their name is Geddy Lee (Rush), Les Claypool (Primus), Nikki Sixx (Motley Crue) or a few other famous bassists) so the fame doesn't go to their head as much?
  • SCH67
    SCH67 Posts: 21
    Options
    John Candy at the airport in the 70's... we were going through customs and he was next to us
  • Lala20112
    Lala20112 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Back in the late 70"s
    Andre the Giant (Wresling) Very nice guy
    Hulk Hogen (Wresling) He was very rude Havent liked him since!
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Coretta Scott King and Dexter King. Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi and founder of the MK Gandhi Institute for Non-violence.
  • NicolioRussell
    Options
    Carlos Santana
    Tony Danza
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Lets see:

George W. Bush
    Jeb Bush
    Richard Petty
    Kyle Petty
    Michael Waltrip
    Daryl Waltrip
    Bill France (Founder of NASCAR)
    Phil Rizzuto
    James O. Page (Big name in the Fire and EMS arena)
    Randolph Mantooth (AKA Jonny Gage from Emergency!)
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    that's how i met so many famous people. :-)

ChiTown person here?
  • snookeroo
    snookeroo Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    George Thorogood
    Wilt Chamberlain
    Sonny Bono
    Joe Biden
    Henry Winkler

Oh yea...Mickey, Pluto and Goofy!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    I've met Tony Award winning actress Faith Prince! I attended a workshop she taught. Wonderful personality and very inspiring! :)
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Andy Warhol (he shook my hand)
    Ross Perot