Z. Class that causes me marriage stress part II.

Options

Replies

• JupitersGhost
    Options
    I remember reading your original story and I'm glad I spotted this one too.

Whilst I know I should write something serious and constructive, I just can't. It's too hilarious.

Sorry. :D

(Psst. I can't even bring myself to try Zumba, so credit to you for giving it a shot! People are taking your story way too seriously with concerns for your marriage. Stupid drama happens in relationships, but I'm sure you would be taking things much more seriously if your relationship really was one hair away from a divorce. Sometimes guys, you just need to laugh.)
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Ok seriously why are so many people bashing JR for this? Have a sense of humor people! I think that it is admirable that he went to a Zumba class with his wife... any man that will do that is probably not having problems in his marriage. Knowing my boyfriend if I ever got him there he would be reduced to a fit of hysterics and then stand in the back of the class getting a better ab workout then the rest of us due to his inability to stop.

Kudos for going JR and don't ever come to my gym!
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I didn't see the original post, and I don't really want to weigh in on your marriage (at least not too much) b/c there are two sides to every story. It sounds like there is more going on between you than just arguing about the gym, at least a deeper issue that you are arguing about. I sincerely hope that you two are able to work it out or at least talk about it so that the two of you can find some peace.

Aside from that, I loved your story. I think it's great that you tried going to Zumba. I doubt I could ever get my hubs to try a Zumba class with me. If somehow he ended up there, like if I could magically make him appear in a Zumba class, then I bet he would have a lot of fun with it. He loves to be the center of attention, and he isn't afraid of looking silly in front of people (once he's in the situation anyway, like I said, I would have a very hard time getting him there in the first place). He might even do better than I would, judging from the times I've gotten him to do Just Dance with our kiddos & me on the Wii. Thanks for the laugh & I hope you and your wife are able to work things out.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Bet you're gonna get hated on some for this one...
    That said - I loved it! I truly hope you were aiming for "amusing" on this post, cause it was downright hysterical. Sorry I'm laughing at your expense, but as I was reading your post, I was picturing my own husband trying to do a Zumba (or any) class with me, and finding himself doing the same exact thing you did - trying not to laugh and failing miserably. This is why that man stays in the weight room or on the treadmill and I do my own thing at the gym.
    I think it's awesome you're trying to hard to be supportive of your wife. Hang in, buddy. And thank you once more for an excellent visual.

Ditto this! Good for you for trying, and I love how you put a light-hearted spin on everything. I told my husband about your previous post, and he looked at me and said "Honey, I hope you're not thinking what she's thinking, because I wouldn't be caught dead doing Zumba!" Which is pretty funny considering he's pretty passive and I can convince him to do just about anything...but the thought of my 6 foot 9, 320 pound ex semi-pro linebacker husband doing Zumba was enough to make me laugh out loud! Hang in there!

He was a big linebacker. I was a dline/de and was around 6'2 295-300 pounds. I bet backs running up the gut loved him!
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    311s40x.gif

Too long for ya? LOL. It was pretty, dang funny, though!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Ok seriously why are so many people bashing JR for this? Have a sense of humor people! I think that it is admirable that he went to a Zumba class with his wife... any man that will do that is probably not having problems in his marriage. Knowing my boyfriend if I ever got him there he would be reduced to a fit of hysterics and then stand in the back of the class getting a better ab workout then the rest of us due to his inability to stop.

Kudos for going JR and don't ever come to my gym!

Its all good. I'm very responsible...when something goes wrong people are always saying, JR is responsible!!
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Obviously this issue calls for someone to give you advice and honeslty, who better than me. I am..THAT DUDE.

THis will be painful to hear...but it is the truth...YOU DONT LIKE YOUR WIFE AND YOUR WIFE DOESNT LIKE YOU.

Its time to move on. She has unrealistic expectations and hates the fact that you got in shape and is jealous that you are cheating on her....and I know your not...BUT....you ARE thinking about it and just havent gone thru with it.

ITs time to move on.

Now I have to get back to the middle east peace talks.

Cya

As a misc'er I forgot to even ask....Bro, do u even lift? (I hope you are aware you seem like the type that would be. If you arent aware its an inside joke of the misc.)

Bro, cmon dude. I like so lift. I lift the spirits up of the ppl on this board.....i take the weak minded and call them on their bs. BTW I think you are a very talented story teller. Just watch your dog overnight tho.

Now seriously, I am not telling you to leave your wife....but you know what I said cuts true.
  • ILoveJesus72
    ILoveJesus72 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've been a wife for 20 yrs to a man's man! The very thought of him in a Zumba class makes me burst into a fit of giggles. :bigsmile:

Thank you for sharing this. As for marriage advice, ehhh I don't think this MFP forum is the place to tell this guy it's time to leave his wife ect. Anyway, I thought it was funny.
  • RH_Brazell
    RH_Brazell Posts: 339
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ... I absolutely loved that story!!!

If you tell these stories often, please friend me. :smile:

yes this ^^^^^^^
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    I've been a wife for 20 yrs to a man's man! The very thought of him in a Zumba class makes me burst into a fit of giggles. :bigsmile:

Thank you for sharing this. As for marriage advice, ehhh I don't think this MFP forum is the place to tell this guy it's time to leave his wife ect. Anyway, I thought it was funny.

Yeah, I wasnt posting this for marriage advice. I was posting this more for therapy than anything. Its nice to get things off my chest and out of my head. I used to have a diary but stopped it because of the chance of incrimination! Thanks for your post!
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I would love to try Zumba. However, I'm a woman.

I also know that my husband would never ever join me in a Zumba class. There are boundaries. And I know better not to ask. That being said, I think it would be fun to go lift weights together. I know it wouldn't be a little date, and wouldn't expect it. I would expect him to spot me, which is a great excuse for him to check me out. :-D

I think your wife is just feeling isolated from you, and maybe threatened by an interest that she is completely cut out from, and wants to be involved in something you're interested in. As whacked out as her approach has been, she's trying to reach out to you. Maybe there's another activity or class (not necessarily fitness) that you could surprise her with? You could take real dance lessons for instance. Or photography, cooking, sketching/painting.
    You could say one night a week can be a date or a lesson night, and while she's in Zumba you can do your weights, and then go out for lunch after.

If my husband surprised me with something like that, I would be ecstatic. :-)
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

I also know that my husband would never ever join me in a Zumba class. There are boundaries. And I know better not to ask. That being said, I think it would be fun to go lift weights together. I know it wouldn't be a little date, and wouldn't expect it. I would expect him to spot me, which is a great excuse for him to check me out. :-D

I think your wife is just feeling isolated from you, and maybe threatened by an interest that she is completely cut out from, and wants to be involved in something you're interested in. As whacked out as her approach has been, she's trying to reach out to you. Maybe there's another activity or class (not necessarily fitness) that you could surprise her with? You could take real dance lessons for instance. Or photography, cooking, sketching/painting.
    You could say one night a week can be a date or a lesson night, and while she's in Zumba you can do your weights, and then go out for lunch after.

I'd love to do photography or art with her. She's a singer, i'm a visual arts type of guy. We do go to the zoo and stuff alot.

For the record, I know people get great results from Zumba. Its just not for me!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you married a crazy lady.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options

This
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options

I'd love to do photography or art with her. She's a singer, i'm a visual arts type of guy. We do go to the zoo and stuff alot.

For the record, I know people get great results from Zumba. Its just not for me!

You are, in fact, not required to love Zumba. :-) and good job not commenting on the neon outfit.
  • d2footballJRC
    Options

I was just under the assumption most women are. ;-). I KID I KID!!!!!! Granted in college a majority I met was pretty crazy! Maybe its just me.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    This was FANTASTIC!!
    Keep updating us! :)
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

I was just under the assumption most women are. ;-). I KID I KID!!!!!! Granted in college a majority I met was pretty crazy! Maybe its just me.

Truth. Every lady has her own brand of crazy, but your wife seems like she teeters on psycho territory. (I read your first post about this matter, as well, but didn't comment --- I am a creeper).
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Obviously this issue calls for someone to give you advice and honeslty, who better than me. I am..THAT DUDE.

THis will be painful to hear...but it is the truth...YOU DONT LIKE YOUR WIFE AND YOUR WIFE DOESNT LIKE YOU.

Its time to move on. She has unrealistic expectations and hates the fact that you got in shape and is jealous that you are cheating on her....and I know your not...BUT....you ARE thinking about it and just havent gone thru with it.

ITs time to move on.

Now I have to get back to the middle east peace talks.

Cya

As a misc'er I forgot to even ask....Bro, do u even lift? (I hope you are aware you seem like the type that would be. If you arent aware its an inside joke of the misc.)

Bro, cmon dude. I like so lift. I lift the spirits up of the ppl on this board.....i take the weak minded and call them on their bs. BTW I think you are a very talented story teller. Just watch your dog overnight tho.

Now seriously, I am not telling you to leave your wife....but you know what I said cuts true.

Are you missing fingers or something, or did you simply never learn grammar? And knowing nothing more of the situation other than JR's story (because you are not there to be a witness to it) by no means affords you the knowledge to state that your OPINION is "true".
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i love from the original original thread, your wife was all like "oh noooo, you don't have to lift. zumba builds your strength!!" i was laughing at that line right there!