Popular movies that you just didn't like

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The Hunger Games, Twilight movies, Harry POtter movies. Coincidentally, I have a penis and am not gay.

I'm with you on the first two, but I just don't understand people who don't care for Harry Potter (movies or books). I simply adore them all!
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I actually liked District 9. Guess I'm one of the weird people.

No way - I love that movie.
    I loved that movie but my wife didn't care for it
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I agree with the folks who didn't like Titanic. Man it was bad.

I also have a personal hatred for Contact, despite Mathew McConaughey being in it because I sort of die for him. But come on - the alien projected himself to look like her freaking DAD?? That's a cop-out.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Lord of the Rings
    Hunger Games - read the book several months ago, the movie was a huge letdown, as usual.
  • budhandy
    Options

I also have a personal hatred for Contact, despite Mathew McConaughey being in it because I sort of die for him. But come on - the alien projected himself to look like her freaking DAD?? That's a cop-out.
    Or the fact some super rich had made the exact same machine lol
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Something about Mary ( i think thats the title) actually got up and left the movie!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

I was a teenager when it came out and saw it four times in the theater, then preordered the video and got it the second it came out and watched half of it once.

I have not actually watched it since! My tastes have definitely changed, but I sure bawled myself silly during its first run. I'm not planning to see the re-release. I can't do 3D and don't really care about seeing the 2D, even.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Titanic seems to be a clear winner...hearing Celine Dion sing that song brings on a gag reflex!
    What about this year's Oscar winner "The Artist"?
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Insidious, everyone I talked to talked about how scary it was...The freaking monster looked like something out of scooby doo... I feel asleep before it was over
  • budhandy
    Options
    Greese is the worst movie ever made
  • msharif71
    msharif71 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Twilight
    Cabin in the woods
    Paranormal activity
    The vow
  • FarmboyWesley
    Options
    Little Miss Sunshine, The Crying Game, Titanic, Avatar, Erin Brokovich, Sweeney Todd-The Butcher of Baker Street. The list goes on...
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    The Blair Witch project
    Kill Bill- any of them : didn't bother to watch any after the first one
    Paranormal Activity
    The Hunger Games
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    paranormal activity - they sucked :/
  • FarmboyWesley
    Options
    Also, The Hangover didn't even register a single smirk, much less a laugh, out of me. Totally unfunny. Going against the theme: my favorite movie "The Last of the Mohicans" with Daniel Day-Lewis.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Will Ferrell movies...they SUCK.
    Titanic
    Twilight I, II, III, IV, V - no matter how many they make...NOT
    teen movies: Superbad, Napolean Dynomite...movies like that.
    Pulp Fiction
    The Dark Knight
    Fight Club
    Seven

-- lots more, but I don't want to spend all day typing.
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Insidious, everyone I talked to talked about how scary it was...The freaking monster looked like something out of scooby doo... I feel asleep before it was over
    I thought it was hilarious! It was Darth Maul! :laugh:
  • crownedone
    Options
    Titanic for the most part. Keep the 15 or so minutes that the ship actually breaks up and sinks....and those couple of minutes where Kate Winslet is posing nude.....burn the other 3 and half hours.
    Twilight movies
    The notebook
    Forrest Gump
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Funny how almost everyone on here hates Movies and Books that make MILLIONS of dollars. I can honestly say I read ALOT and my husband and I watch ALOT of movies and there is nothing I will not at least try to read or watch.
    There is not many books or Movies that I can honestly say I hate.
    I have seen almost all the movies that everyone on here says they hate, I can say there are a few I would not watch again but not that I HATE.

I always try to take it for what it is supposed to be entertainment, I try not to take movie watching so seriously.