How to flirt

Options

Replies

• TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    If I was single and went to a club, I would pull out my cool dance moves, like the robot and the moon walk! Those were cool in the 80s, I am sure they are still a hit!

HAHAHA, I LITERALLY LAUGHED OUT LOUD.

don't forget to do the worm

I forgot about the worm!! Yes, I would do the robot, moonwalk, and the worm. I am sure all the men will notice!!! :love:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    About the "just smile" thing ... I recently had two male friends tell me to do this because it allegedly tells men that you are open to being approached. So yesterday, I saw two cute guys. Both made eye contact with me multiple times from a short distance. I smiled at both of them, and they both quickly looked away. One guy looked like he wanted to say something to me because he kind of gave me a half smile before he looked away. And then nothing. This advice is a fail, so far.

MFP's very own Binary Jester told me once, when I was getting mixed signals from a guy, to walk up to him, grab him by the balls, and say "You. Me. Dinner later this week." I'm growing more tempted to try this method.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Look him in the eye, don't blink, flick your hair and touch his forearm & smirk.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    "Hey. Wanna have sex tonight?"
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options

Straight forward works!
  • Candi8099
    Candi8099 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    MFP's very own Binary Jester told me once, when I was getting mixed signals from a guy, to walk up to him, grab him by the balls, and say "You. Me. Dinner later this week." I'm growing more tempted to try this method.

^AWESOME^ I would :tongue:

My fiance' and I have been together just 3 years as of this month and just got engaged this month as well.

OUR FLIRT LOWDOWN:

(complete strangers mind you)

ME: (I walked up to him & his buddy) "We need to take a picture."
    HIM: "Okay?" (snapped a pic)
    HIM: "Now you owe me a dance"
    ME: "Sure, slow dance or naked dance?"
    HIM: "BOTH" :love:

We've been inseparable ever since!

In all seriousness - Just be yourself :) I liked one of the suggestions with having a few questions in mind (making great conversation), smile, and have great eye contact etc. :) GOOD LUCK!!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Do you like Pokémon Baby?

Let me get a Pikachu.

hahahaha

I found these on a website :smooched:

Sorry, but you owe me a drink. [Why?] Because when I looked at you, I dropped mine.

Can I have directions? [To where?] To your heart.

You're so amazing that you made me forget my pickup line.

There is something wrong with my cell phone. It doesn't have your number in it.
  • dynamojones
    Options

Straight forward works!

True! True!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    "Nice to meat you"

Misspelling intentional.
  • pantsdailyon
    pantsdailyon Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey, you know what if feels like when you have to pee? Can you feel this and tell me if I have to?

Some of the other lines I've seen here have made me smile. This is the only one to make me laugh out loud.
  • BodyPumpDaveInFL
    BodyPumpDaveInFL Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    About the "just smile" thing ... I recently had two male friends tell me to do this because it allegedly tells men that you are open to being approached. So yesterday, I saw two cute guys. Both made eye contact with me multiple times from a short distance. I smiled at both of them, and they both quickly looked away. One guy looked like he wanted to say something to me because he kind of gave me a half smile before he looked away. And then nothing. This advice is a fail, so far.

The smile with eye contact is good advice - it should work. Be approachable. If you have eye contact more than once - put on lipstick, while holding eye contact. If that doesn't work and you have a drink with a straw, sip from the drink, smile, eye, sip.

If flirting with a straw staring into his eyes doesn't work, take the Cavewoman approach you threatened to use.
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    No lines needed, it's all about your body language.
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hey, you know what if feels like when you have to pee? Can you feel this and tell me if I have to?
    LMAO!!!!! priceless :laugh: :laugh: :drinker:
  • MirelaH
    MirelaH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    "hey there handsome, I think my clothes would look great on your bedroom floor................. " :blushing:
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Find all the best flirting advice in the newest and best MFP group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5175-manwhores-of-america
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

The smile with eye contact is good advice - it should work. Be approachable. If you have eye contact more than once - put on lipstick, while holding eye contact. If that doesn't work and you have a drink with a straw, sip from the drink, smile, eye, sip.

If flirting with a straw staring into his eyes doesn't work, take the Cavewoman approach you threatened to use.

^Do guys actually like that? It just sounds like trying too hard :indifferent:
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

A lot of times, they're just shy. Doesn't mean smiling doesn't work. Smiling and looking friendly is better than trying too hard to be pretty or flirty, IMO.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Wet Blanket Dept.
    Flirting is. . . communicating. Hence if one is not communicating, one is not flirting. Easy to say, right? Sure. Then again all are continually communicating (if I run a stop sign, I am communicating, "I am an idiot."). The difference is with flirting, one is to communicate intentionally and proactively.

However, a good opening line, to me, is "Mind if I sit here?"
  • JamesOfLondon
    JamesOfLondon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A smile is enough - if the guy doesn't react he's not interested or just too nervous.

Do you still want to go after him if he's that nervous?

If yes, then just go say hi. Tell him your name. Ask him something innocuous about the venue, etc.

Doesn't really matter. Just start talking.

Personally for me a conversation is a conversation.

I chat in an interview or appraisal much the same way I chat at a coffee shop or to our postman.

People are after all just people.

No need to mutate into something you are not.

Just my thoughts.

I like some of those other lines too!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Step 1 - Cut a hole in a box

Seriously though:
    Step 1 - Go out
    Step 2 - Stop giving a **** what people think
    Step 3 - Have fun

That's gotten me laid more than ANYTHING else, and I don't have the funbag advantage.