I am annoyed with the anti-lady-muscle posts.

Options

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Nice thread, but needs pics

female-sprinter.jpg
    Damn I need to be running if my butt will look like that!! :bigsmile:

Ummmm... how many more miles do I need to run before MY butt looks like that? That is one perky bootay!

None, she's a high jumper...you won't get that butt running, you get it by squatting and deadlifting heavy weight.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options

female-sprinter.jpg
    Damn I need to be running if my butt will look like that!! :bigsmile:

Ummmm... how many more miles do I need to run before MY butt looks like that? That is one perky bootay!

none. start doing squats, dead lifts, and lunges. start yesterday. use heavy weights.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    So stop it. Thanks.

So because you have a preference for your body to be one way, no one is allowed to express their preference for something else?

THIS!

AND the posted pics of the women on the first two pages don't really have well-definied muscles. I think they look awesome btw.
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I particularly don't like muscles, for boys or girls. I am currently trying to get rid of muscles of my legs, because they are thick and I hate it. But apparently it is easier to get rid of fat then muscles.
    But your body looks nice, since you like muscles. I would definitely be afraid of you!

Oh hun, you don't have to live this way. There is nothing wrong with your legs. Wanting to see your bones through your clothes is not necessarily a realistic or healthy goal to have.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am pro whatever people want to look like lol. If being cut makes you happy awesome, if not awesome. Let's just be healthy and stop talking badly about each other. It annoys me. =]
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy **** and put it back down, repeatedly - and it makes me happy every time I add another 5lbs to the bar.
    On the other hand, I do not heart deadlifts, but give me backsquats, cleans and push presses almost anytime!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Up until maybe a year ago, I never thought I wanted to be muscular, because, like many uninitiated women, I thought of female body builders as orange men in bikinis.

I'm really glad I kept an open mind. Really, really glad.

pink-bikini-front.jpg

I'd already lost about 20 pounds when the first picture was taken, then about another 10 when I started lifting in July, around the time the 2nd picture was taken. I don't know what I can squat or deadlift because my gym sucks and doesn't have free weights, but I can bench about 85% of my body weight and leg press more than twice my body weight.
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    Here's a serious question for you ladies - I'm definitely showing my age here, Cory Everson, Joyce Vederal used to peak my interest back in the day. While I don't want to go quite that far, what is the best route to go as far as training? I am still "obese" and currently just doing cardio but I would ideally like to skip the whole "skinny fat" phase. Power 90 had caught my attention. Any ideas on what I should do or if I should be starting now?
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I am pro whatever people want to look like lol. If being cut makes you happy awesome, if not awesome. Let's just be healthy and stop talking badly about each other. It annoys me. =]

This isn't about being cut =(. It's about being strong...add 5% bodyfat to the most ripped (meaning cut) woman you ever saw, and you'll be SHOCKED at how incredibly feminine and shaped she is.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Apart from looking hot, here the science behind why muscle matters http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Mauri66/view/muscle-matters-235863
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I particularly don't like muscles, for boys or girls. I am currently trying to get rid of muscles of my legs, because they are thick and I hate it. But apparently it is easier to get rid of fat then muscles.
    But your body looks nice, since you like muscles. I would definitely be afraid of you!

Um.. I see you just put up a picture. If that's you, and you think your legs are thick, I'd suggest you talk to a doctor or a therapist.

um... "•Being able to see my bones through my clothes" I'm HOPING for troll at this point.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

This isn't about being cut =(. It's about being strong...add 5% bodyfat to the most ripped (meaning cut) woman you ever saw, and you'll be SHOCKED at how incredibly feminine and shaped she is.

I just don't get why it's anyones business what other people look like. Mind your body and not others. This site it supposed to help people, not tell them that you don't like their body style.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Here's a serious question for you ladies - I'm definitely showing my age here, Cory Everson, Joyce Vederal used to peak my interest back in the day. While I don't want to go quite that far, what is the best route to go as far as training? I am still "obese" and currently just doing cardio but I would ideally like to skip the whole "skinny fat" phase. Power 90 had caught my attention. Any ideas on what I should do or if I should be starting now?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options

i think there is a difference between fit muscles, being sexy, ie this
    muscle1.jpg
    and creepy muscles, ie this
    muscles.gif

To each their own. Whatever makes the woman feel more confident in achieving what she wants...HoofukingRah!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    C'mon guys...didn't your grandmas teach ya how to use a spoon to beat the sides of the lid and then just like that it pops open!

I always slam it into the counter once or twice, knocks it lose. This, even after I had my recent wrist surgery. :bigsmile:

It's a point of pride! I wanna go head to head with the jar and win... Just once! As somebody said, I think it has to do with my tiny hands.
  • CrumCake81
    Options

female-sprinter.jpg

I want my butt to look like this!!!
  • IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    So stop it. Thanks.

You look wonderful!
  • sheilairis
    Options
    So overly happy to find this!! Two weeks ago I signed up with personal trainer for a year to get the muscles I've always wanted!! I love how women look with muscles! It's extremely hard training and changing my diet but I knew it would be and was put with a trainer who is a bodybuilder and doesn't let up on me! Love all you GIRLS WITH MUSCLES!! Someday I will look similar....you all give me motivation!!!!!!
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I hope to soon look like u ladies, you look amazing....
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Cory Everson??

79286.jpg

You're not getting that body without professional, if not chemical help.

Joyce on the other hand...much more realistic.

Vedral.jpg

Pick up a good strength training program...stronglifts, or even NRoL4W...NOW. Do minimal cardio on your off days (2x a week), and get your diet in check...and you'll be halfway there already.