I am annoyed with the anti-lady-muscle posts.

Options

Replies

• Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more beautiful than a strong body, whether it is a man or woman.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Check out www.BuffMother.com I think she is hot. Also on bodybuilding.com there are many buff ladies that are just stunning. So ladies go for it!

Did you check out the gallery? There is a good representation of many different strong women.....

http://buffmother.com/team-buffmother-gallery
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    There is nothing more beautiful than a strong body, whether it is a man or woman.

^Very true
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Holy crap that's an amazing butt!

Right? Time to increase my mileage! :bigsmile:
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    So stop it. Thanks.
    ^^^
    yeah that.

:heart:
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I have at least 100 lbs to lose- I would KILL to see some muscles on me instead of flab! I have seen some women body builders that do look kind of masculine to me but at least they are fit and I'm sure they are proud of the way they look. Confidence to me is beautiful!

Heavy strength training will burn that fat more quickly than any other form of exercise.

Additionally, if in fact you ever feel you are 'too masculine' (and I do believe it's possible, don't misunderstand me)...losing muscle is far, far easier than gaining it.
    NO form of exercise burns fat!! Exercise burns calories thats it. eating at a deficit burns fat!!

Oooookkkk...let me rephrase. No form of exercise promotes hormonal response that tells your body to choose fat as an energy source over muscle more than strength training.

Sheesh.

Additionally, eating at a deficit doesn't burn fat, it tells your body to burn ITSELF (yes, fat is part of YOU...so is the muscle eating at a deficit burns too). How you exercise has definite effects on what parts of YOU your body chooses to burn.

Happy now?
    Please have a clue about what your talking about if your going to give advice. Thanks!!

Take your own advice, fyvm.
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Why does everyone assume that chick is a runner? All the miles in the world won't give you her rear lol.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    YES Thanks!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Nice thread, but needs pics

female-sprinter.jpg
    Damn I need to be running if my butt will look like that!! :bigsmile:

Ummmm... how many more miles do I need to run before MY butt looks like that? That is one perky bootay!

none. start doing squats, dead lifts, and lunges. start yesterday. use heavy weights.

^ Truth! My butt is no where near this yet but getting there...at 36 my butt looks better than it did at 18 all because I started lifting heavy weights!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    SMH...Isn't it ironic there are anti-lady-muscle posters hatin on the anti-anti-lady-muscle post? (Say that 5 times fast, whydontcha)

And it's usually the ones who are carrying around an excess of fat. Go fig
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    It's so common for women to fear bulking up from any sort of weight training that I think it's pretty cool that the idea that you will not bulk without sustained effort keeps getting hammered home around here. Yeah, it's probably annoying to those who don't want to hear it, but the fact of the matter is, you will probably get some pretty damn awesome benefits from lifting no matter what your goals are. Looking like a female body builder (or a fitness competitor for that matter) isn't going to happen accidentally, so if you don't want to look like that, guess what? ....You probably won't!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

Why does everyone assume that chick is a runner? All the miles in the world won't give you her rear lol.

Like I said, i'm pretty sure she's a high jumper.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

The image is titled "female-sprinter.jpg."

I agree that all the running in the world ALONE won't do that, but you can have a pretty rockin' tush and still run. But she is a sprinter. A little googling said she's Alenka Bikar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alenka_Bikar

So if you want that badonk, don't up your mileage, up your speed!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options

She's a sprinter - Alenka Bikar

or was, she's retired now

EDIT : Doh, LorinaLynn was too fast. :)
  • crisanderson27
    Options

The image is titled "female-sprinter.jpg."

I agree that all the running in the world ALONE won't do that, but you can have a pretty rockin' tush and still run. But she is a sprinter. A little googling said she's Alenka Bikar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alenka_Bikar

Right, I guess I just rarely equate sprinting with running lol. Those women work for explosive power, and that's not gained by long distance running.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I have at least 100 lbs to lose- I would KILL to see some muscles on me instead of flab! I have seen some women body builders that do look kind of masculine to me but at least they are fit and I'm sure they are proud of the way they look. Confidence to me is beautiful!

Heavy strength training will burn that fat more quickly than any other form of exercise.

Additionally, if in fact you ever feel you are 'too masculine' (and I do believe it's possible, don't misunderstand me)...losing muscle is far, far easier than gaining it.
    NO form of exercise burns fat!! Exercise burns calories thats it. eating at a deficit burns fat!!

Oooookkkk...let me rephrase. No form of exercise promotes hormonal response that tells your body to choose fat as an energy source over muscle more than strength training.

Sheesh.

Additionally, eating at a deficit doesn't burn fat, it tells your body to burn ITSELF (yes, fat is part of YOU...so is the muscle eating at a deficit burns too). How you exercise has definite effects on what parts of YOU your body chooses to burn.

Happy now?
    Please have a clue about what your talking about if your going to give advice. Thanks!!

Dont need to tak my own advice, Read my post prior to my post to you!!
    Your body wont burn fat by heavy strength training!! Period!! And if your not eating at a deficit it doesnt matter your body wont burn anything, LM. or fat!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I gotta be honest. It doesn't bother me. <shrugs shoulders> There's room in the world for all different types of people...skinny, fat, skinny-fat, muscular, super-muscular...whatever. I love my muscles, but I don't expect everyone else to love them. I'm just gonna do my thing, regardless of what anyone says. :glasses:
  • JetMechRN
    JetMechRN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Flex those muscles, ladies!!
  • crisanderson27
    Options

Sheesh.

Happy now?

Dont need to tak my own advice, Read my post prior to my post to you!!
    Your body wont burn fat by heavy strength training!! Period!! And if your not eating at a deficit it doesnt matter your body wont burn anything, LM. or fat!

Sure you do. You said 'Eating at a deficit burns fat'. That's incorrect, you missed a few steps, and left out the other things it burns. Eating at a deficit is what gives your body the poke in the *kitten* it needs to begin breaking down soft tissue for energy.

Kind of like me saying 'No other exercise burns more fat than strength training'. I left out that actually, no other exercise sends the triggers to your body to produce growth hormone which is a road sign to your body to maintain lean muscle, and BURN FAT instead.

So, if you're going to jump up my *kitten* for leaving something out, take your own effing advice.

Now, can we please get back to these ladies topic?

Thanks.

Edit ~ I have no idea what your other post said...I went back two pages...no post.
  • tracy1031
    tracy1031 Posts: 36
    Options
    Muscles and strength are great, ya just don't wanna look like these ladies(?)... http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Photos-Women-bodybuilders-compete-at-Emerald-Cup-148395585.html?tab=gallery&c=y&img=17