Honest body opinions (add your own pic too)

Options
I know that I, as well as probably many of you, see myself differently than other people see me. So what I was wondering is what you guys think of me. And then you can add your pictures as well and get opinions on you. Some of this might be harsh though so I wouldn't suggest adding your picture if you can't handle criticism.

So here's me, I'm not sure how much I weigh right now because I don't have a scale. But I think that it's somewhere between 118-120. My goal is to get to 110, but mainly I'm just looking to tone. I'm not a fan of the jiggle I have.

2lb2b0y.jpg

Replies

• taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    i personally dont see the jiggle you're talking about , && i dont know your height so idk if 110 would be too low. id say maybe focus more on toning exercises over losing weight. ive actually had to gain weight, but my inches went down & this is the flattest my stomach as been ever even when i started at 99.

heres me now. : at about 112 want to stay here

Snapshot_20120423_14-1.jpg

i was this: 99 and when i started i found this one to be attractive sadly.
    Image537.jpg
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    i personally dont see the jiggle you're talking about , && i dont know your height so idk if 110 would be too low. id say maybe focus more on toning exercises over losing weight. ive actually had to gain weight, but my inches went down & this is the flattest my stomach as been ever even when i started at 99.

heres me now. : at about 112 want to stay here

i was this: 99 and when i started i found this one to be attractive sadly.
    Image537.jpg

I have a little on my stomach and I absolutely hate my thighs. But I'm between 5'7" and 5'8". I used to be 110 though so I know it's not unreasonable. I have incorporated a lot more toning exercises than I used to, but I haven't seen much of a change :/
    I think you look great though! You're skinny but in a fit and healthy looking way :)
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    thanks! hows your diet, ? cause thats also a big part. but ultimately it is what you're happiest with that matters since you are here for you not others . it took me forever to tweak my workouts / eat more to one not be unhealthy yet be okay & confident with the weight ive gained.
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    thanks! hows your diet, ? cause thats also a big part. but ultimately it is what you're happiest with that matters since you are here for you not others . it took me forever to tweak my workouts / eat more to one not be unhealthy yet be okay & confident with the weight ive gained.

Well I upped my calories from the 1,200 to 1,500 no matter if I work out or not because my metabolism is pretty fast that I'd starve otherwise. I don't usually eat back the calories from working out though. I eat pretty healthy most of the time. And at the gym I do eliptical warm up, around 25 minutes of weights and calisthenics, 30-40 minutes on the treadmill, and then 15 minute stretch. Usually I put the treadmill on an incline and power walk. My boyfriend said that helps keep the muscle better than just running.
  • jnsangel33
    Options
    Hi Jessica.....I think you look fine the way you are. You definitely DON'T need to lose any weight. If you feel "jiggly" .... do some focus work on those areas.... do lots of core work and get a six pack.... :) Otherwise, you look great. I wouldn't change a thing.

Taryn, you look great too.

I don't want the criticism cause I do that enough on my own, so I am not posting a pic here ( you can see me if you add me ) .... I need to lose at the very least 50 lbs but that still won't put me at my recommended weight. I have a long way to go...... :)

Good luck to both of you......
  • jnsangel33
    Options
    Hi Jessica.....I think you look fine the way you are. You definitely DON'T need to lose any weight. If you feel "jiggly" .... do some focus work on those areas.... do lots of core work and get a six pack.... :) Otherwise, you look great. I wouldn't change a thing.

Taryn, you look great too.

I don't want the criticism cause I do that enough on my own, so I am not posting a pic here ( you can see me if you add me ) .... I need to lose at the very least 50 lbs but that still won't put me at my recommended weight. I have a long way to go...... :)

Good luck to both of you......
  • AlyssaDarby13
    AlyssaDarby13 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am just starting, so I'm definitely not posting my picture in this thread. However, I just wanted to let you know that you both look awesome.

Taryn - You looked good at 99 pounds, but you look drop dead gorgeous now. :smile:

Jessica - You look good, but I do also see why you might be unhappy. I don't think you need to lose weight, and you might actually end up a few pounds heavier if you gain muscle. The only thing I would say is make sure to focus on core strength exercises. As for the thighs (also my biggest enemy) walking/running/biking isn't enough, hip adduction seems to work best for me on that. Last time I started getting in shape I tones my thighs nicely doing adduction. Does your gym have a weight machine for that?
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    You guys look great! (I hope that doesn't sound creepy haha). Good luck with your goals

Here's me a few weeks ago...
    hzgtJl.jpg
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Jessica, you don't need to lose any more. 110 is low for your height. Focus on lifting weights and you should see the results you're looking for.

Taryn, you look great!

Dahllywood, awesome.

I don't really know how to post pictures, but my profile pic is a recent body shot. I'm at about 160lbs (looking to lose about 30 more) and I'm a little under 4 months post baby #3.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    2lb2b0y.jpg

You said honest...so please, don't be offended.

I think you're beautiful, but far too thin. Understand also, I'm attracted to thinner women over heavier women...so I'm not biased against you. At your height, if you started putting on healthy weight (perhaps 10lbs of muscle, 5lbs of fat), I think you'd be on your way. If I had my way, I'd add 20-25lbs, 15-20 worth of muscle, and 5-10 of fat.

Taryn...I think you're truly beautiful as well (I've almost said it in other threads lol). I also know the issues you've faced. BUT!...I would give the same advice.

The improvement between those pictures though, is incredible. You've definitely got my respect.

Now, my own:

7434194_1237.jpg7434194_4338.jpg
    7434194_4359.jpg7434194_7770.jpg

I'd like a little more muscle in my shoulders, chest, and arms...and maybe a little less bodyfat in my waist. I don't really care what I weigh...whatever it takes to be where I'm happy, strong, and healthy is the magic number.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I know that I, as well as probably many of you, see myself differently than other people see me. So what I was wondering is what you guys think of me. And then you can add your pictures as well and get opinions on you. Some of this might be harsh though so I wouldn't suggest adding your picture if you can't handle criticism.

So here's me, I'm not sure how much I weigh right now because I don't have a scale. But I think that it's somewhere between 118-120. My goal is to get to 110, but mainly I'm just looking to tone. I'm not a fan of the jiggle I have.

2lb2b0y.jpg

110 at 5'8? Wow, I think that is way too thin. I think you should focus on muscle tone, and forget about the scale. It won't give you a good guage of progress.
    I am going to use the most over used pic in the history of MFP:
    http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
    On the left hand image she weighs 131. On the right she weighs 142.

Screen-Shot-2011-07-21-at-9.23.11-AM.jpg
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

2lb2b0y.jpg

I think you are beautiful too! But I do not think you have 8 pounds of fat left to lose. I would try to put on some muscle if you want to look fit. I would eat slightly above maintenance with a solid lifting plan.
    Options
    You guys look great! (I hope that doesn't sound creepy haha). Good luck with your goals

hzgtJl.jpg

Awesome definition! You have a nice build, but are lacking in the best area i think. More muscle there would help i think. Chest exercises :]
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

2lb2b0y.jpg

I think you need to ADD muscle. Seriously. Losing weight won't help that "jiggle" (and I don't think it's jiggle, just a bit of softness that muscle could fix) and at your current weight could be down right unhealthy.
  • moeviegrl
    moeviegrl Posts: 52
    Options
    Jessica, I'd kill to look the way you do right now. You're perfect. Don't lose anymore weight. Just tone up. And everyone else who posted pics looks awesome too. You all have done wonderful jobs on improving yourselves. Keep up the good work. Just be happy and healthy. Don't worry about what the scale says. Not everyone needs to be that "magical" number. Just go by how your body feels. If you feel healthy and your body is healthy, then don't worry so much about what other people think. It's not about what you look like on the outside, it's the person you are of the inside. We all are different and have different body shapes and sizes...love what and who you are. Life is too short to let your body image make you sad. Just enjoy life and try and be as healthy and fit as you can be.

I'm also not posting a picture because I just started here too and I don't need the bad comments. I know I need to fix some areas in order to improve my health and I am working on them. But I wanted you all to know that you are beautiful people and don't need to change a thing. I'd give anything to be even close to what you are now. None of you need to lose anymore weight. :)
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options

2lb2b0y.jpg

What jiggle?
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

hzgtJl.jpg

Awesome definition! You have a nice build, but are lacking in the best (I think she meant 'chest' area lol) area i think. More muscle there would help i think. Chest exercises :]

I agree...just a bit more weight in your shoulders and chest, with your waist like it is...will make you look like a monster, without being 'overbuilt' like so many women dislike.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @Jessica- you have such a small frame that any excess weight is going to be noticeable. On the flip side you should see quickly when you lose it too. I think you look fantastic as you are, maybe work on toning up more than losing weight (it's good you don't have a scale to obsess over!) .

@Taryn- Glad you gained some weight, that 99lb pic you almost look sickly.

@Woody- Look great, you're a few weeks of hard lifting from a 6 pack and beach body. I'm about 5 lbs from you if I had to guess :D
    Options
    I'm all for some honest opinions. Loving the feed back.

FxCam_1330632950560.jpg
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    OP, this is totally subjective so no offense is intended whatsoever. I don't have a pic to post in return but if you're looking for my honest opinion I'd say you're a little too thin. From that one photo I'd say add 10lb and tone from there, at least if you're looking for the kind of body most guys seem to admire.