Honest body opinions (add your own pic too)

Options

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

Now, my own:

7434194_1237.jpg7434194_4338.jpg
    7434194_4359.jpg7434194_7770.jpg

I'd like a little more muscle in my shoulders, chest, and arms...and maybe a little less bodyfat in my waist. I don't really care what I weigh...whatever it takes to be where I'm happy, strong, and healthy is the magic number.

Good that you don't care about actual scale number!
    I think you look fantastic, especially your back.
    I agree with what you said as well. A little leaner in the stomach, and more in the shoulders/arms
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I'm all for some honest opinions. Loving the feed back.

FxCam_1330632950560.jpg

Don't. Change. A. Thing.

Seriously lol.

IF you really wanted to, you could put on a few lbs of muscle in your lower body, but otherwise, nothing.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Am I the only one here that thinks that the OP is looking for people to tell her she is too thin? At 5'8", with a goal weight of 110lbs, I would say there are definitely some eating/body issues going on here. While I think MFP can be very helpful to people looking to lose weight in a healthy way, I know it probably does a lot to feed into illnesses such as anorexia.
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Am I the only one here that thinks that the OP is looking for people to tell her she is too thin? At 5'8", with a goal weight of 110lbs, I would say there are definitely some eating/body issues going on here. While I think MFP can be very helpful to people looking to lose weight in a healthy way, I know it probably does a lot to feed into illnesses such as anorexia.

If so, she got it...we did, and that's ok. Maybe she'll listen?
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    I'm probably just going to end up agreeing with what everyone says but I'll do it anyway ;)

@Jessica I don't think you need to lose any weight. For the look it sounds like you want (a leaner, less soft/skinnyfat) you should really start weight lifting! I'd go for maintenance calories and lift, leave the scale alone for awhile - take pictures/measurements and pay attention to how you're changing with lifting :)

@Taryn Kudos to you for beating your ED! You look so much healthier & happier in the newer pic, absolutely gorgeous!

@Sunshine everytime I see you on the forums I get a little jealous! ;) Your body is literally my ideal end point!
  • jessicataylor2
    Options

Actually I'm recovered thanks. I don't want people to tell me I'm too thin because first of all, it's not true. And I'm honestly wanting to know what people think I need to improve on. What I see is my belly and my thighs needing to be more toned. But I'm not too sure about arms or chest or if I should focus more on losing the fat or more on muscle toning. So please don't assume things and be rude. I'm being very healthy and my boyfriend also helps me monitor how I'm doing. He just won't give any opinions. And I used to be 110 so it's not anything unreasonable. I've just gained some in the past few years and I want to get back to how I was then.
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    agreed ill be the first to admit i did look sickly didnt realize it at the time but i do now && i was terrified on gaining weight at first . but when you do it the right way say muscle wise like the girl who went from 130 ish - 140 ish you dont look bulky or big even with gaining the last 8 pounds my pants and clothes are still the same size!! cardio only helps to promote skinny fat & takes away from muscle you have (case & point with me i never had a flat stomach or anything toned up like i do now when i was running over an hour everyday) now its 3 days of hour long weights a 25 min run one day 2 mile warm up one day 1.5 mile jog one day && then maybe half hour cycling another just for maintenance :D & im so much happier!
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    agreed ill be the first to admit i did look sickly didnt realize it at the time but i do now && i was terrified on gaining weight at first . but when you do it the right way say muscle wise like the girl who went from 130 ish - 140 ish you dont look bulky or big even with gaining the last 8 pounds my pants and clothes are still the same size!! cardio only helps to promote skinny fat & takes away from muscle you have (case & point with me i never had a flat stomach or anything toned up like i do now when i was running over an hour everyday) now its 3 days of hour long weights a 25 min run one day 2 mile warm up one day 1.5 mile jog one day && then maybe half hour cycling another just for maintenance :D & im so much happier!

Ok...you're my hero for today...seriously.

THANK you for this post!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

FxCam_1330632950560.jpg

Don't. Change. A. Thing.

Seriously lol.

IF you really wanted to, you could put on a few lbs of muscle in your lower body, but otherwise, nothing.

I agree with Chris, although I know you are always working on it at the gym. So keep on keeping on.

@Cris - Nothing to add that you haven't already stated. What about the legs? Proportionate to the upper body? Good job with your comeback.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options

FxCam_1330632950560.jpg

Don't. Change. A. Thing.

Seriously lol.

^^agree lol
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    Jessica, you don't need to lose any more. 110 is low for your height. Focus on lifting weights and you should see the results you're looking for.

Taryn, you look great!

Dahllywood, awesome.

I don't really know how to post pictures, but my profile pic is a recent body shot. I'm at about 160lbs (looking to lose about 30 more) and I'm a little under 4 months post baby #3.

You look great! Congrats on your weight loss so far. You can really tell the difference in your face/neck area. Keep it up! :)
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    @Cris - Nothing to add that you haven't already stated. What about the legs? Proportionate to the upper body? Good job with your comeback.

Yep, I do legs every day I go to the gym (3x a week), presses/squats...but at the end of each rep I go to full extension to work my calves. I hate those jersey shore types with no lower body lol...I want overall strength damnit!

=D
  • DG_Allen
    DG_Allen Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Jessica should follow Sergeant Sunshine and start lifting weights. It seems like everyone here who's done that has seen good results. Don't worry about toning or cardio. Lift and get stronger. You'll porbably gain 10 lbs of muscle and look how you want to look.

I'm a big skinny nothing myself. I'm starting to workout more but I don't choose to put the time in that's required to add more muscle.

BTW Sergeant Sunshine, you look great. I wouldn't change a thing either.
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Ok...you're my hero for today...seriously.

THANK you for this post!

thanks! :] one i those looking to hit their goal biggest thing stay positive & dont fret over a bad day (we all have them its called being human) ive learned we are our biggest enemies & worst critics to ourselves heck half of us let a number try to make or break us, which is not okay. do what you do for you not for others we are all going to have our own opinion on here, but its more so how you feel about you at the end of the day, & you can only help someone or push someone so much before they have to believe it want it and do it themselves <3

btw congrats to everyones improvements you look great :]
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    My pics are open if anyone wants to look, can't do the posting thing from here. I would say for the OP, yes, she still has fat she could lose. The problem is though, without building up some muscle first, losing anymore fat at this point will not make you look better. My recommendation would be to add some weight, build some muscle, slowly, then peel off the body fat slowly, and show off your hard work. Losing weight too fast, and without strength training will cost you muscle, it can't be stopped. I built most of my meat a long time ago, its just been hiding for the past decade.........As long as you are being healthy, do what you want!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

2lb2b0y.jpg

I think you are beautiful too! But I do not think you have 8 pounds of fat left to lose. I would try to put on some muscle if you want to look fit. I would eat slightly above maintenance with a solid lifting plan.

Agreed.
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    i personally dont see the jiggle you're talking about , && i dont know your height so idk if 110 would be too low. id say maybe focus more on toning exercises over losing weight. ive actually had to gain weight, but my inches went down & this is the flattest my stomach as been ever even when i started at 99.

heres me now. : at about 112 want to stay here

Snapshot_20120423_14-1.jpg

i was this: 99 and when i started i found this one to be attractive sadly.
    Image537.jpg

You look great with the extra weight.
  • qtiekiki
    Options

FxCam_1330632950560.jpg

You look great as in, but I am pretty sure you want more muscle or be more cut based on your past posts. So keep lifting your heavy weights, girl.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate the feed back! I was thinking of cutting to 112 (6 more pounds) for summer then bulking to put on muscle during the fall. My legs are where I carry my fat, and I hate them, but they are very strong xD
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

FxCam_1330632950560.jpg

Don't. Change. A. Thing.

Seriously lol.

I agree with Chris, although I know you are always working on it at the gym. So keep on keeping on.

I'm going to have to agree with them^^