Yummy, Yummy in my Tummy

Options
Here is that I am getting to have to eat this winter. I will get my meat to put in my freezer in about 6 weeks.

I am getting ground, steaks, roast, stew meat and ribs.

101_0035.jpg

101_0036.jpg

101_0037.jpg

Replies

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    <
    JEALOUS!!!!!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    <
    JEALOUS!!!!!

I don't think you would want to live in the rural area where I live, LOL..................but the meats with no hormones, antibiotics or other chemicals are plentiful here.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • amicklin
    Options
    Please do not post pictures like this. I find it offensive and tasteless that you will post pictures of these creatures 6 weeks pre-slaughter.

I do not want to see pictures of happy, healthy, well functioning animals that you are picking out to kill.

I understand the difference in eating styles, tastes and opinions. a little more sensitivity would be appreciated.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    I am not going to argue and this is the first I have ever heard of this. I grew up in a hunting and fishing family as well as we purchased a whole hog, cow and chickens from local farmers growing up. I have moved back to my home state where I have the ability to eat natural meats and this makes me very happy.

So, I am assuming you don't eat any type of meat to include fish, beef, pork, chicken, etc??????

I am sorry that you find it offensive, but I don't find it distasteful at all. Thank you for your opinion.
    Please do not post pictures like this. I find it offensive and tasteless that you will post pictures of these creatures 6 weeks pre-slaughter.

I do not want to see pictures of happy, healthy, well functioning animals that you are picking out to kill.

I understand the difference in eating styles, tastes and opinions. a little more sensitivity would be appreciated.
  • amicklin
    Options
    I, in now way, was trying to start an argument. I was merely trying to bring to your attention how it could be taken as insensitive. I am glad that makes you happy but please realize that is not the case for everyone.
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    I have to agree with amicklin, I found this pretty offensive. Perhaps next time put something in the name to warn people so they can choose to look or not.
    thanks.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I've said this before and I'll say it again. If anyone finds a particular thread offensive, don't go back to it. It's as simple as that. There is at least one thread on here that find offensive because of the innuendo content so I don't go to that thread.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Yes, i understand that...............

I don't understand why it is so offensive though. I would rather know WHAT I am eating than to go to the grocery and pick out some random steak or package of hamburger that has been shot up with hormones and antibiotics................

I even go gather my own eggs from the farm. Sometimes I have to shoo the chickens out of their nest in the Coop so I can get to them.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. If anyone finds a particular thread offensive, don't go back to it. It's as simple as that. There is at least one thread on here that find offensive because of the innuendo content so I don't go to that thread.
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i understand that eating meat is a fact of life and the meat that i buy at the grocery start started out as a living animal but that is not something i like to dwell on.

I'm not necessarily offended but i would appreciate it if you would refrain from posting such things again.
  • missbabybee
    Options

Perfectly put.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    lol...good thing we're living in this day and age!! um...you know our ancestors had to hunt and raise there own food....and kill it!! I'm very glad we have the option not to do this now adays...but there wasn't anything wrong with it then and there isn't now. That's how God made it. If you don't like the thought of eating animals you always have the choice to be a vegetarian. (plants are living things too ;)
  • CHerbert
    CHerbert Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every kid should be educated about where their food comes from. No it doesn't just appear on the shelve in the grocery store. I am jealous that you have fresh bison for your freezer. It is so expensive to buy in the store, if you can find it. I also enjoy venison from my fall hunts. My kids raised lambs to become adult sheep when they were young for the purpose of eating them.
  • missbabybee
    Options

By asking someone not to post this kind of things, aren't you forcing your beliefs on them? Isn't it the same as asking churches to take down the crosses because it offends the aethiests? Shouldn't we all exhibit a little more tolerance? If you slaughter your own proteins, or if you are a vegetarian, shouldn't you be able to share freely about it? Respect goes a long way...
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    That is how I feel too.

And, LOL, I have went back to a Paleo type eating plan (cave man style) so the more natural the better........

We as humans are at the top of the food chain for a reason.

lol...good thing we're living in this day and age!! um...you know our ancestors had to hunt and raise there own food....and kill it!! I'm very glad we have the option not to do this now adays...but there wasn't anything wrong with it then and there isn't now. That's how God made it. If you don't like the thought of eating animals you always have the choice to be a vegetarian. (plants are living things too ;)
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Yes, we eat Venison too from going in the woods on some of my family owned farm land and hunting.

We also eat quail. duck, goose, wild turkey, rabbits, squirrel and we fish a LOT.................

So, since moving back to my rural roots of where I was raised, our grocery bill has went down tremendously.

I can no longer eat mass produced meats (made to grow fast from hormones and antibiotics)

Every kid should be educated about where their food comes from. No it doesn't just appear on the shelve in the grocery store. I am jealous that you have fresh bison for your freezer. It is so expensive to buy in the store, if you can find it. I also enjoy venison from my fall hunts. My kids raised lambs to become adult sheep when they were young for the purpose of eating them.
  • Rebeccamur
    Options
    Lads,

Give the woman a break she's not asking you to eat the bloody thing. She was just sharing her excitement about a way of life for her, if you don't like it don't read it or post a separate thread requesting politely could people have greater sensitivity for veggies, no need for the drama. It's a site where food is the main topic of discussion there is bound to be references made by meat eater fans, just like there will be about yummy veg recipes.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    im a coutnry girl myself . i dont like beefalo my self . but it dose look a lot better on a bun at a mcdonalds menu. or on a pizza but you can be on etheri side because we love are animals i guess we need to start makeing tofu that taste like a t-bone
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Yes, i understand that...............

I don't understand why it is so offensive though. I would rather know WHAT I am eating than to go to the grocery and pick out some random steak or package of hamburger that has been shot up with hormones and antibiotics................

I even go gather my own eggs from the farm. Sometimes I have to shoo the chickens out of their nest in the Coop so I can get to them.

It's not a bit offensive to me. I wouldn't mind having a freezer full of buffalo meat. Or any other kind of meat for that matter. My freezer is looking pretty bare right now. :laugh:
  • JMAMA
    JMAMA Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Lads,

Give the woman a break she's not asking you to eat the bloody thing. She was just sharing her excitement about a way of life for her, if you don't like it don't read it or post a separate thread requesting politely could people have greater sensitivity for veggies, no need for the drama. It's a site where food is the main topic of discussion there is bound to be references made by meat eater fans, just like there will be about yummy veg recipes.

well said:wink:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I'm also jealous, and would like a freezer full of meat.
    Never tried buffalo yet though.

I think what a few of the people might have a problem with is ,they saw the thread title "yummy, yummy in my tummy", and automatically thought of something with chocolate or something sweet etc.

So, in some respect, I guess the title could have been different to express the content of the thread.
    Hope it helps for future threads.