Adding Food Before You Eat

Options
123457»

Replies

• DMVButterfly
    DMVButterfly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    i do the same. i usually put in breakfast, morning snack and lunch in the morninig. really keeps me on track while i'm at work and i dont have to interrupt my work day with food tracking. i usually try to put in dinner before i get home, but i find that i make a lot of changes when i do this . for example, before i left work yesterday, i put in pork loin and salad for salad, but ended up eating a sandwich and fruit. i was too hungry to wait for the pork loin to cook. i never took the meal out of my diary yesterday, but cals are about the same.
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I often track breakfast, lunch, and dinner before breakfast, then I know how much I have left for snacks, which I track as I eat them usually, and how much I need to exercise.
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I put in a whole days worth sometimes in the morning so I have a total plan for the day. It helps me do a better job of staying on my plan.
  • Jenn684
    Jenn684 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I always do this at least the night before. It helps keep me on track. If I don't know ahead of time what I'm going to eat I'll have the tendency to overeat anything I can find.
  • MissFab2012
    MissFab2012 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    it makes it easier to stay on track. I wasn't do this --- but i think i will try it out. I think it is a good idea
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do it especially as I prepare dinner. Since I need to use up every ingredient we spent a dime on. This helps. Often I subtract and sometimes I add, unfortunately, like yesterday when some friends come over and invited us out AFTER we had a very healthy dinner ...but life happens...but logging early helps.
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Pretty often. It helps to know how day is going to like
  • chris2365
    chris2365 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If I'm REALLY on track, I pre-log so that I can budget my calories well. I make sure that I spread my calories out over the day, hit my fiber goal, etc. It also makes me really look at how I'm spending my calories so that I'm eating really delicious, satisfying food.

After doing today's foods, I really think that I should challenge myself to populate a whole week's worth of food. That would help me know what foods to pull from the freezer, etc., as well as keeping me on track.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I always pre-log and plan.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I literally have my days planned like 2-3 days in advance. so I don't get stuck realizing I have no plan for dinner and no way of getting to the grocery store.

I also do this to make sure I am going to get enough protein during the day.
  • Fairieluv77
    Fairieluv77 Posts: 95
    Options
    I do this all the time. I like to pre-plan what I eat so that I budget correctly. If I eat then log later I tend to not overeat.
  • DawnM62
    DawnM62 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    yep sometimes especially if I'm feeling peckish mid afternoon I put the evening meal in see what if anything I can have
  • ElHombre23
    ElHombre23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time...it helps to see whats in front of me...
  • Specialkayrina
    Specialkayrina Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I do this every week, plan my whole week ahead. I have a problem with anxiety and knowing exactly what I'm doing on the days to follow helps me a lot. It keeps me on track and stop me from binge eating.
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I usually prelog my breakfast and lunch during the work week because it's pretty much the same thing except on Friday's. Then whenever I eat out I always research that restaurant and figure out what I'm eatting in advance and prelog it so I'm not wasting anyone's time in the restaurant. Makes it so much easier.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I will do this mostly for the food I pack at work. But if I have the feeling I'm going to have a bad day, I will put in my whole day. It helps me stay on track

I also like to pre-plan what I'm going to eat, if I know I'm going out for a meal
  • dmf80
    dmf80 Posts: 60
    Options
    Like anything in life, it's good to have a plan. By planning my whole days worth of calories and exercise in the morning (or night before) I find it easier to stay on track. I can also see if I need to hit the gym up again after work so I can eat that piece of carrot cake after dinner! The only reason I workout is so I can eat carrot cake.....almost 100% true.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals for the day every morning. It helps keep me on track so I don't go over calories, fat, carbs, etc, and it also helps me make sure I still have calories left for dinner.