20 Second Sugar Free Chocolate Mug Cake

Options

Replies

• cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Just tried it. Quick and easy and tastes pretty good.
  • adfabus
    adfabus Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Humm, with the two put together it made about a half a mug for me.
    I found this recipe online at http://www.pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/microwave-chocolate-cake/ but modified it to be sugar free for me (and it is flourless). I combined the two serving recipe to make a wopping one serving chocolate cake that is only 92 calories! I am posting the recipe below. You can do a search under food and enter 20 second mug cake and get the full nutritional information.
    • 1 egg – beaten- 70 calories
    • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. Fat free milk- 6 calories
    • 1 tbsp. cocoa powder- 10 calories
    • 2 tablespoons sugar free Splenda- 0 calories
    • 1/4 tsp. baking powder- 0 calories
    1. Add the Splenda and cocoa powder to a small bowl. Add the fat free milk, egg and vanilla and whisk until there are no lumps. Sprinkle the baking powder on top and quickly mix together.
    2. Split the batter between the two mugs and firmly tap the mugs on a towel-lined countertop to release any large air bubbles. Microwave one cake at a time.
    3. Since you don’t want to start and stop the microwave a bunch of times, set it for about 40 seconds, and closely watch the cake. It’s done when the cake rises about half-way up to sides of the mug (about 20 seconds in a 1000 watt microwave). The difference between a tender fluffy cake draped in velvety chocolate sauce and a chewy hockey puck is a few seconds, so you'll need to experiment to see what works best for your microwave.
    You can also spread with peanut butter (1 tbsp.) for only 80 calories more. I added some expresso powder (1/4 tsp.) to mine and it was yummy!!!

Is it only me but the size of the cake is really teeny! Even if all the batter is in one mug, it's still really tiny and I made it exactly the way it is descrbed above except without the vanilla extract as I did not have any.

Curious to know how others did on this.
  • adfabus
    Options
    does it have to be spenda? or do other artificial sweetners work
    I am not sure. I have only tried it with Splenda.
  • Morgan803
    Morgan803 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Delicious just tried it tonight!
  • BexleyGirl
    BexleyGirl Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • rehtaeh78
    rehtaeh78 Posts: 90
    Options
    It's pretty good. I had a lot of calories left over today so I doubled the recipe and cooked it in a soup mug for 90 seconds. Chocolate without the guilt!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    bump
  • blessedwifeandmom
    Options
    Gotta try this :)
  • groovyfirechick
    Options
    bump! thanks!
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    bump
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Is it only me but the size of the cake is really teeny! Even if all the batter is in one mug, it's still really tiny and I made it exactly the way it is descrbed above except without the vanilla extract as I did not have any.

Curious to know how others did on this.
    For me it made 2 hockey puck size cakes, very light but delicious topped with sf choc syrup (next time I will add cool whip)
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    bump
  • logoode_
    logoode_ Posts: 21
    Options
    bump
  • tstorr
    tstorr Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am going to make this tonight!
  • saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Okay, I made the cakes tonight. I only used 1 1/2 Tbsp (4tsp) Splenda. I layered them with Cool Whip. My impression: good chocolate taste, satisfied my sweet tooth, texture was like a spongy cake. Not bad. I would make it again and pass on the recipe.
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I had a hungry day yesterday. Since I had been craving chocolate chip cookies yesterday and really didn't want to "go there", I decided to make this last night. It was delicious! I did put a few pecans in the batter before cooking. Then after microwaving for 40 minutes (perfect timing BTW) I put a tsp. of PB on top of hot cake to melt and sprayed a dollop of Rediwhip. One word! Wow!
  • adfabus
    Options
    I had a hungry day yesterday. Since I had been craving chocolate chip cookies yesterday and really didn't want to "go there", I decided to make this last night. It was delicious! I did put a few pecans in the batter before cooking. Then after microwaving for 40 minutes (perfect timing BTW) I put a tsp. of PB on top of hot cake to melt and sprayed a dollop of Rediwhip. One word! Wow!

Glad you like it!!! But did you mean 40 seconds instead if 40 minutes? :flowerforyou: