Before and After pics NO STARVATION

Options

Replies

• heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Can I ask a question? This is my 2nd week on MRP, and I'm just trying to eat well and use the calorie limit given. I am kind of confused about this thread. I get that eating too little can be counteractive to weight loss, but I don't understand some of the successful folks who are saying they "eat what they want". I feel like that's how I got overweight.

I'm sorry if I missed some information somewhere, but I'm just wondering how to proceed here. Should I use the calorie info given by MFP, or should I use something else? Also, I am currently not exercising regularly. I want to, but I first want to get new eating habits established. I guess I'm saying that to say that I don't have much "intentional" activity outside of just normal life. That would effect how much I eat, right?

Thanks for any thoughts... And by the way, i LOVe this thread! It's so sweet to see how many people have made big turnarounds.
  • Lattegurl
    Lattegurl Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Nice job

sorry Im a dope took a few tries to get the pics in :) but here I am.

started at 357 around halloween

357.jpg

mestart.jpg

middlegym.jpg

almostdonework.jpg

endgym.jpg

and finally two days ago at 255

endwork.jpg
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Can I ask a question? This is my 2nd week on MRP, and I'm just trying to eat well and use the calorie limit given. I am kind of confused about this thread. I get that eating too little can be counteractive to weight loss, but I don't understand some of the successful folks who are saying they "eat what they want". I feel like that's how I got overweight.

I'm sorry if I missed some information somewhere, but I'm just wondering how to proceed here. Should I use the calorie info given by MFP, or should I use something else? Also, I am currently not exercising regularly. I want to, but I first want to get new eating habits established. I guess I'm saying that to say that I don't have much "intentional" activity outside of just normal life. That would effect how much I eat, right?

Thanks for any thoughts... And by the way, i LOVe this thread! It's so sweet to see how many people have made big turnarounds.

If you are VERY honest about your activity level, MFP's calorie numbers can be accurate. Usually they're conservative though. Some of us eat 'what we want' within a certain range because we're doing other things to help with our diet...heavy lifting for example helps direct your body to burn fat, even if your diet suffers some. It's STILL better to eat healthy and clean...the results basically triple...but either way, that's part of it. Additionally...while you are setting up and getting used to your diet (it shouldn't be a 'diet'...it needs to be something sustainable forever) is a great time to decide what kind of workout plan you're wanting to do. Many people find cardio easier to begin with...but if you're looking for fat loss, lifting weights is a more productive option (you can do bodyweight exercises as well...if you're on the right plan and don't want to go to the gym). Cardio is good for you in other way too though...so it won't hurt you to balance it out. I personally lift three days, and when I was doing any cardio, it was interval cardio 2 days. I don't do cardio anymore.

Anyhow, hope that helps some!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

I know for me that I started out eating what I wanted in moderation and it wasn't working cus I had a hard time with the whole moderation thing. So I quit doing that and started trying to eat just better. That worked for me. I've recently started letting myself have things I wanted again, as long as its within my calorie limit. I do not eat anything fried, and I hardly ever eat sweets. My body has been trained for long enough now, not to eat those things, so I hardly crave them. So therefore I eat whatever I want.
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    bump!:heart:
  • SJScobie
    SJScobie Posts: 63
    Options
    These success stories are truly amazing

Well done everyone, If I ever feel myslef slipping I'll just click on this thread, this will sure get my butt back in gear!

:)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    NO STARVATION MODE HERE....JUST GOOD OL HARD WORK

9985438_3784.jpg

9985438_5758.jpg

9985438_4168.jpg

9985438_9709.jpg
  • hendongirl
    hendongirl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    loving it - very motivational!! bump for later :)
  • heidi5k
    Options
    If you are VERY honest about your activity level, MFP's calorie numbers can be accurate. Usually they're conservative though. Some of us eat 'what we want' within a certain range because we're doing other things to help with our diet...heavy lifting for example helps direct your body to burn fat, even if your diet suffers some. It's STILL better to eat healthy and clean...the results basically triple...but either way, that's part of it. Additionally...while you are setting up and getting used to your diet (it shouldn't be a 'diet'...it needs to be something sustainable forever) is a great time to decide what kind of workout plan you're wanting to do. Many people find cardio easier to begin with...but if you're looking for fat loss, lifting weights is a more productive option (you can do bodyweight exercises as well...if you're on the right plan and don't want to go to the gym). Cardio is good for you in other way too though...so it won't hurt you to balance it out. I personally lift three days, and when I was doing any cardio, it was interval cardio 2 days. I don't do cardio anymore.

Anyhow, hope that helps some!

Yes, thanks. I'm eating really well, and not "dieting" like you said - I just try to incorporate lots of 'superfoods" into my meals and snacks. The only restricting I'm doing is w/ sweets b/c I LOVE sweets, and have a hard time keeping myself in check. When I feel really good about where I'm at, I'm sure they'll be part of my lifestyle too. In moderation.

I hear what you're saying about lifting. That seems to be the word on the street. I'm going to work that into my schedule too, and I guess I'll loosen up on the MFP calorie plan when I do. Thanks again for your info!

-Heidi
  • heidi5k
    Options
    I know for me that I started out eating what I wanted in moderation and it wasn't working cus I had a hard time with the whole moderation thing. So I quit doing that and started trying to eat just better. That worked for me. I've recently started letting myself have things I wanted again, as long as its within my calorie limit. I do not eat anything fried, and I hardly ever eat sweets. My body has been trained for long enough now, not to eat those things, so I hardly crave them. So therefore I eat whatever I want.

I'm right there with ya. I'm totally ENJOYING eating well, too. I guess I just had to be at the right place to start, if you know what I mean. I also have to go kind of cold turkey on the sweets/ baked goods, b/c I can be such a chow hound with those. I have even been buying my kids snacks that I don't like so I won't be tempted to eat them. :) I hope I can incorporate treats back into my lifestyle at some point, but I really do have to watch out for "emotional"/ "fatigue" eating.

Anyhow, you are quite the inspiration! Thanks for sharing some of your experience with me.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    So many people getting their sexy on! Love it!
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    ]Heather_start_2.jpg
    ]Heather_progress2.jpg
    ]Heather_start.jpg
    ]Heather_progress.jpg
  • abimom
    abimom Posts: 9
    Options
    Bump. ...awesome thread... can't wait to come back later and post my own pics. Good job everyone!
  • dreamongirl001
    dreamongirl001 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    :smile: :happy: you look absolutely amazing, any tips.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    :smile: :happy: you look absolutely amazing, any tips.

LOL I would LOVE to think you were referring to me since my pics were the last ones in the thread, but if not you may want to put the person's screen name in your reply so he or she knows you're talking to them. :flowerforyou:
  • desiree516
    desiree516 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've been eating well an exercising!

Here is me at my heaviest 4 years ago at about 213 and then from a few months ago at 160
    7118825045_e3e8ecff38_n.jpg
    bfraftr2 by desielkin, on Flickr

I also posted this one in my own thread.

At about 207 and then just the other day at 158 (now 156)

7111331833_9a5fec06d6_n.jpg
    before after by desielkin, on Flickr
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    size 16pants (they were tight) weight 182 ...5 months after delivering a set of twins (my 3&4th child)
    iphonepics070.jpg

starting insanity at 145:
    iphonepics010.jpg
    iphonepics011.jpg

mid way through Insanity (day 33) 142:
    iphonepics008.jpg
    iphonepics009.jpg

I eat anywhere from 1500-1800 depending on the day of workouts and how hungry I am. I don't eat the cleanest but I'm trying my best. I drink 100oz or more of water daily and I'm still working on kicking my sweet tooth habit!! But I'm getting there. i would love to lose another 10lbs b/c I'm on the high end of my BMI. I'm 5'4" and 142 but if i can just tone and drop some more inches I'll be happy as well :)
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Bump for the newcomers :)
  • fsmalley
    fsmalley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Refresh for the new thread:

@ ~ 395 (and yes, the dog is on my belly)

xmaswithdog.JPG

@ ~ 205

Jody2.jpg

DUDE! I'm going out and getting a bumper sticker made that says "I want to be average like WattsJA". No freakin kidding, you are officially my MFP hero! Outstanding results. Thanks for the motivation!!

I eat about 2000 calories a day (2200 -2400 when I exercise) and have since the beginning.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!