Any short ladies(under 5ft4in) under or goal is under 130lbs

Options

Replies

• araxiedyck
    araxiedyck Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    No offence, but you guys all seem to be at good weights for your heights, and I'm definitely not. There's nothing wrong with being even better, but to an extent, and in my opinion, some of you may have passed that line. I am 4 ft. and 11 in. and weigh 163 pounds. Yes, I'm big, I'm bigger than I've ever been, even when pregnant, and I am working to get better but it discourages me to see some of you so weightless and still not satisfied. Hopefully, I've given you something to think about, and if not, here's a quote from someone (I can't remember who), " No matter how bad you think you've got it, there's always someone who's got it worse." So c'mon, people, let's be smart about this.

I have been looking into what is a good weight for someone of my height (5'4"), and I started at 145 lbs which is post 1 year pregnancy weight, but also before I got pregnant I had to see a cardiologist re: some genetic risk factors. My cholosterol is on the high end, and besides diet, Dr. also told me to exercise more, (as I don't want to go on medications yet) so...... when I did some searches, for my height, 145 lbs is on the high end of the BMI @ 25. The middle is 125, which will be my goal weight, but would be happy once I hit 130lbs. The lightest, healthy weight for 5'4" is 115lb (which I think for me is unrealsitic). I have skimmed though some of the posts, and a lot of the gals goal weight are within a healthy BMI
  • mtpalacios
    Options
    I am 5'3 and at my highest weight ever 177 I would love to be 125lb or even 130 again :(
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently 149 lbs. I'd love to be anywhere between 125-135 again (it's been a few years), but right now, I'm just working to get down to 140 so I'll be considered a healthy weight for my height. When I was 118-120 lbs a few years ago, I felt great, but also a little too thin in some places, I think 100 would be too low for me, but if you feel that is healthy for you, go for it!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I am 3 feet 1 inch and my goal weight is 45 pounds.:laugh: :noway:
  • lauralaurafish
    lauralaurafish Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5"4 and currently am 145 with a goal of 130. I hope to be a size 8 and would be happy with that.

I'm 5'4" and currently weight 133 and I'm a size 6, so if you get to 130 you'll definitely be under an 8. My goal size is 125, although at this plateau I would cry of joy if I got to 130
  • Bine13
    Bine13 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for that post, I am 5'3 and 184lbs. I would like to be around 135lbs so I have some serious weight to loose. I am also at my heaviest and this has helped so much.
  • _Brandy_
    _Brandy_ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 currently at 128-130lbs looking to reach 120lbs. Please add me! I'm a daily logger :)
  • siliisobel
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" Currently 112 and trying to get to 105. Struggling to get there though I seem to have stalled....:-(
  • nyesia
    nyesia Posts: 3
    Options
    Well, I'm 5ft5in and my goal is 110lbs
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 130. My original goal was 130, but I'm still pudgy, so my goal is about 120.
  • Lost4seasons
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I'm 159.5... my goal is 130 but I want to maintain weight between 120-130
  • MommyBea
    MommyBea Posts: 84
    Options
    I'm right at 5'4" My goal weight is 155-160.

We are the same height and have the same goal...=D
  • alliesamcat
    alliesamcat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    5'2" here. At my heaviest I was 159 (2007, then down to 121 in 2008 and back up to 145 in 2010), and now I'm at 127.5 I'm taking it a little at a time to see how my body evolves with running and circuit training, although I think that based on my frame size I would like to be around 115.
  • shanc84
    shanc84 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and currently 153 lbs my ultimate goal weight would be 125. My goal for my wedding in September is 140. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend, I would love to have support from people with similar height or goals :)
  • leapylees
    leapylees Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    4' 10.5" and currently weigh 134lbs. Goal is 115 lbs. I've lost 4 lbs on my own over the last 6 weeks, but due to frustration with the slow loss for most of that time, decided to join MFP for some motivation.

At my heaviest I was 159 lbs thanks to rapid weight gain due to medications (33 lbs gained over 3 months in 2003). I've only managed to lose weight since being medication free, and then it's been in fits and starts - I got down to 126 lbs in September 2010, but went on holiday and gained 2 lbs and never got back on track, so gained 3 lbs over Christmas 2010, then another 7 lbs in 2011, due to chronic depression (lack of exercise, comfort eating etc.) Now I've decided to sort my weight out once and for all. I have no desire to be 96 lbs like when I was 20 (I have wide shoulders and hips, and looking back at photos of myself then I look scrawny), so whilst I'd be delighted with 112 lbs I think 115 lbs is a more realistic goal for me.
  • aliciasdickerson
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I weigh a lot more than my goal weight of 140. I have lost 10lbs. since I joined and then I stopped losing. I exercise a least 3 times a week for 30 minutes, sometimes more. I am on the 1200 calorie plan, some days I'm under, maybe 2 days I go over. I have not lost a pound in about 3 weeks. I need help. I take a lot of meds for various conditions to incluse hypothyroidism, diabetes, and high cholesterol. Any help to break this plateau will be greatly appreciately!!!!!!!
  • dawlschic007
    dawlschic007 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Try upping your calories for a few weeks to see if that helps jump start your weight loss. Maybe change your settings from losing 2 pounds per week to losing 1 pound or a .5 pounds per week. You may notice an initial small gain when changing your calorie settings at first but don't worry because it's not a real gain and will go away in a few days.
  • Deelu333
    Deelu333 Posts: 4
    Options
    height: 5'1."
    SW: 140
    CW: 117
    GW: 110 ..then working on toning and all that jazz =)

Add me if you would like!!
  • k8ermarie
    k8ermarie Posts: 204
    Options
    I am 27. I am 4' 10" and my current weight is 131 lbs. My goal is 112lbs.
  • gingembre1
    gingembre1 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 5'1", currently 153, goal weight is 128-132. Last time I was at that weight was freshman year in college (12 years ago!). I'm currently at my heaviest ever, and what scares me is this weight is starting to become my new normal. Turning 31 this year, and I'd like my 30s to be healthier and fitter than my 20s!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!