I hate it when really SKINNY girls complain being fat!!

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• kterda
    kterda Posts: 1
    Options
    I hear that.....my size 2 friend is always saying that to me.....then she will say " OMG i forgot to eat today and its 4:00" what the hell!
  • SassetG
    SassetG Posts: 19
    Options
    I couldnt have said it better! good job lol
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I think people need to stop complaining and do what needs to be done to improve what they feel is wrong.
  • DDRAINES
    DDRAINES Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is super annoying obviously they should be more focused on their mental health and confidence levels. I have at least 50 lbs to lose and have always been confident. Mental health comes first!
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Was it really necessary to bump this 2 month old train wreck of a thread.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Let it die.

Had no idea this was an old thread! lol
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

Is it better that someone sought out the old thread and resurrected it rather than bringing up the same cr*p in a new thread?
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people complain about other people's complaints and then bring it up and then I get irritated and point out the irony and then someone points out my ironic reply and likens it to a complaint.

:flowerforyou: :smile:
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options

Is it better that someone sought out the old thread and resurrected it rather than bringing up the same cr*p in a new thread?

I also didn't look back at the date *shrugs*
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    This thread/topic is just a reminder of how mean and competitive woman are with each other.

*sighs*

There will ALWAYS be another woman who comes along who will be more beautiful/toner/smart/rich, etc.

Lets try to STOP comparing ourselves to each other and work on ourselves and focus on our selves!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

Good point.. Either way it's bs... Saw it again and rolled my eyes.. lol
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Everyone has their own targets. I'm sure there are people worse than you but you are allowed to moan about things.

Just cos there is someone worse off, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to want to improve yourself.

^^^THIS! I weigh 97ish pounds and I still think I could cut fat. I don't want to lose weight, but losing fat sounds appealing. So yeah, I am a SKINNY girl complaining about being fat. That doesn't mean I think I am unhealthy, because I know I am.

I don't mean to sound rude, but how tall are you? Because at 97lbs, you don't need to lose anymore fat. I can understand you saying that you want to tone up though.
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Eh - best thing to do if a skinny person tells you they're fat is to agree with them and joyfully point out all of their flaws. I guarantee it will be the last time they bring it up around you. :)
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Took the words right out of my mouth. Why on earth would someone want to resurrect a thread this hateful and ridiculous? This thread showcases the worst of MFP and women in general.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options

Took the words right out of my mouth. Why on earth would someone want to resurrect a thread this hateful and ridiculous? This thread showcases the worst of MFP and women in general.
    Come to think of it, it would really unclutter the boards if we shoved all the "Sexist BS" threads into one giant thread. Or, say, "Ridiculous Questions People Ask About Something They Already Know They Shouldn't Be Doing Or Else They Wouldn't Be Asking." I think I'm on to something...
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    When I was thin in high school (137 at 5'10") I had issues with my body and thought I was fat. Now in the 220s, I wish I could go back to even being near that weight! And realize that a thin person complaining about their weight is not meant as a jab to a heavier person. They probably don't even realize it because they're focused on themselves as they're making that statement. But don't get me wrong, it does irritate me sometimes when I hear that....but I totally understand thinner people having body issues as well.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    When I was thin in high school (137 at 5'10") I had issues with my body and thought I was fat. Now in the 220s, I wish I could go back to even being near that weight! And realize that a thin person complaining about their weight is not meant as a jab to a heavier person. They probably don't even realize it because they're focused on themselves as they're making that statement. But don't get me wrong, it does irritate me sometimes when I hear that....but I totally understand thinner people having body issues as well.

I don't really take it as a personal jab at me, really. It just irritates me when people get down on themselves for being a mere 5-10lbs over THEIR ideal weight (they're still a healthy weight, they just don't like the way they look), when I'm standing right next to them at 100+lbs overweight (and busting my hump to lose it). I just feel the need to point out to them that they should be grateful they're not in my shoes, and that they need to realize that it's alot easier to lose 5-10lbs than 100+lbs (especially when you have medical conditions that make it even more difficult to lose weight).
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people complain about other people's complaints and then bring it up and then I get irritated and point out the irony and then someone points out my ironic reply and likens it to a complaint.

:flowerforyou: :smile:

yo_dawg-230x300.jpg
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Seriously! Who the hell ressurected this damn thread??
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Its an old thread, it stirred up strong feeling first time round and appears to be doing the same this time. For that reason I'm now locking this thread.

Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, ethnicity, religions, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    CatCrazy
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.