For those of you that drink coffee

Options

Replies

• Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    stevia!! and I also use half a serving of coffee mate vanilla latte (the powder one)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I put half and half in mine. I would much rather a small amount of something real than the chemical versions of creamer. I also use a little real sugar.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.

I totally agree; that's what I do and so far it hasn't affected my weight loss
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    perhaps you could try the vanilla almond milk..... its wonderful. 90 calories for a whole cup , so im sure a couple tablespoons would be far less than the creamer... gl
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    i was used to drinking the cream and sugar as well, but have opted to having it black when at home, then when I get to work, I will use the stivia and almond milk....if i still feel like I need it, trying to wean myself from it though....
  • BaliRun
    BaliRun Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I try to stay away from the coffeemate stuff (hydrogenated oils)....

As of lately I am using "So Delicious Coconut Creamer" ... Healthy Fats!!! it comes in different flavors.

I also just love a good quality cup of coffee (like Nespresso) with no creamer just a little foam and stevia!!! yum
  • skinnyl0l
    skinnyl0l Posts: 63
    Options
    Mix cinnamon and a small amount of sugar - When you use cinnamon, you don't need so much sugar :)

oh.. and cinnamoon is good for your metabolism :)
  • sawyermark
    sawyermark Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I like my coffee like my women strong and black. You get use to it like that after awhile.
  • Te2005
    Te2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I hear you, my creamer of choice is hazelnut. I tried the sugar and fat free and both were gross to me. Black coffee is only 2 calries, but I need creamer. I have not given it up either. I measure how much I put in ,average day being 175 calories. I refuse to give it up, and have learned to adjust around it. Lifestyle changes are all about, what am I willing to let go of. If you really want to drop it, you could try tiny bit of vanilla extract, a little skim milk, and stevia, I have done that and it did work for me. Good luck on yourjourney!
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I LOVE french vanilla coffeemate. I used to pour quite a bit in and heat it in the microwave so it didn't cool my coffee. I found using less just did not satisfy. I had to go cold turkey and now only drink black coffee.
  • castlerobber
    castlerobber Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Half and half, no sweetener. The non-dairy stuff tastes awful in comparison, especially the powdered. My husband likes his coffee sweetened, so he uses the Torani and DaVinci sugar-free syrups along with half and half.
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    I drink one 12 oz cup a day with Stevia and 1 tbsp (35 cals) of Bailey's Original Irish Creme. If I drank alot more than that I'd be concerned about the creamer but not with just 1 cup the 35 cals is worth it, I want to ENJOY my morning coffee :)
  • wilson1024
    wilson1024 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have to have my hazzelnut in mine, and that is all I have is one cup in the morning to kick start me. It won't hurt you if you only do the one cup in the morning like I do. No worries.................... Enjoy! :)
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Put something? In coffee? Why would anyone want to do that?

Drink it strong and black, like the Coffee Gods intended! REPENT! ;)

EDIT: If you must adulterate the Beverage of the Gods, try just a teeny bit of cinnamon (a great appetite suppressant, as is the coffee itself) and no sugar.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Only black will do!! Great coffee taste :)
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm down to one cup a day as well, so I add a tiny bit of Splenda and about a tablespoon of the Bailey's brand creamer (all the flavors are really good) which comes out to about 40 calories, or skim milk (if I'm out somewhere rather than at home). I used to drink 6-8 cups a day, so the sugar/calories were an issue then, but if it's just once a day, have what you like.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I get the International Delight skinny white chocolate mocha that's fat free
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Wow, one cup a day? I wouldn't even be worried about what you put in it then, I drink about 3-4 cups a day and agree that the coffee is ruined if I put artificial sweetener in it......I use 2 tsp(measured out) of powered coffeemate per cup and 4 tsp(measured out) of real sugar per cup, I can't change it, oh well.........it's sooooo good!
  • mfbailey1977
    Options
    I use Nestle Coffeemate All Natural creamer when I make my coffee at home. I use 2 tbsp which is 70 calories, but I only have one cup a day and want to enjoy it. As long as I count the calories, which I do, I feel like it's okay. When I stop to buy coffee, I get milk and splenda because it would be too hard to know for sure how much sugar they actually put in. Plus, I have a constant inner struggle between calories of real sugar and chemicals of fake sugar, so I alternate.

That vanilla almond milk sounds good. Is it sweet? At 90 calories per cup, it's only 6 calories per tbsp.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Mix cinnamon and a small amount of sugar - When you use cinnamon, you don't need so much sugar :)

oh.. and cinnamoon is good for your metabolism :)

That's a great idea, thanks!