The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• nicol11
    nicol11 Posts: 2
    Options
    Great results!! Thank you so much for sharing this! I too have been having the "stalled scale but positive comments" experience and truly thought about throwing the dag-blame contraption in the trash!! lol! Thankfully, a cooler head prevailed! Keep up the great work!
  • ssieben
    ssieben Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Im officially riding the scale hating train as well! Thanks so much for posting your progress and giving us all one more reason to believe that the scale is an evil, mind messing piece of junk :happy:
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You are my hero. WOW huge difference, ab fab!
  • tryinghard71
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Upon urging from a few of my MFPs here, I'm posting the below picture. The photo on the left is from Jan 1st when I weighed 202lbs - the photo on the right is from this morning when I weighed 203lbs. Since January, I've done P90X and I'm finishing up month 1 of Insanity.

Just goes to show your body can change and the scale won't show it ONE BIT. If I didn't take photos and measurements, I would surely be insane by now.

2w4bqpt.jpg

IGNORE THE TORTURE DEVICE aka the scale!!

This is awesome!! I measure too! I have given up on the scale. It is evil. I measure every Sunday morning and write my measurements down to keep a log. I won't lose a pound on the scale but I will lose an inch around my waist. I hope more people start to measure instead of weigh. It is so motivating! Thank you for sharing! Fantastic job!
  • gstanley4
    gstanley4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • 2012Mich
    2012Mich Posts: 93
    Options
    Congrats! I needed this lesson. Thx for posting.
  • noKTdidnt
    noKTdidnt Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Good for you!!! I was dealing with a similar issue. Doing zumba 3-4 times a way plus running and I was dropping pant sizes but the scale wasn't moving. Glad to see I wasn't the only one!!
  • cmbdaniels
    Options
    you look great! Its good to get reminded of this.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I needed to see that because i get very frustrated with the scale!! Thanks, and you look amazing!!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    That is flippin' amazing!
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing. I needed to hear this. I stopped weighing myself about a month ago, because I was getting so frustrated. Thanks for sharing!!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Wow...that truly is AMAZING to see! Thanks for sharing w/ everyone. :flowerforyou:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Amazing changes! That's very inspiring, thank you for posting this. =)
  • MHackrott
    MHackrott Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! Keep up the hard work! I agree the scale is a liar! I am getting back on track today and am using ONLY measurments no scale...it does not exist!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulatios, and you look great!

I really needed to hear/see this, as I've been obsessing over the 3 lbs I've gained in the past 6 months (I've been maintaining for nearly two years now). Now I can really let myself believe that it could be muscle gain, since my measurements and size are not larger, and may be a tiny bit smaller!

Thanks for doing this!!!
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Thanks for posting this! This is just what I needed since my scale has not been moving for weeks now :(

~Sonya
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Emswanson, thank your for posting this. I decided not to weight myself nearly a month ago, because I was not losing weight. I was told by a number of people I have "lost weight", but I think they mean size. I know I was a size 22 a few months back, and now can fit in size 14 jeans, but have lost all of 1lb in the last month, and a total of 6lb since the size 22.

I know what people say is "muscle is heavier than fat", and some will argue "what is heavier, a pound of fat or a pound of muscle". The way to look at it is.. what would weigh more.. a CUP of muscle or a cup of fat? By VOLUME, muscle is heavier. Hence the size change, but no weight change. I totally agree, and have posted before about the scale being liar. The scale does NOT see the whole picture.

Thank you once again for sharing you photographs.
  • TonnaJai
    TonnaJai Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing you look great!
  • mrsfortune
    mrsfortune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this because I have been on this insane see saw of 5 pounds up 5 pounds down but my clothes are falling off of me still and I thought that maybe I was going crazy! Time for me to start taking measurements!!
    P.S. You look great!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!