For those of you that drink coffee

Options

Replies

• StephC74
    StephC74 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I put coffee mate creamer in mine too - peppermint mocha is my favorite. When I started keeping track of my calories I started paying more attention to how much creamer I was using and I slowly started cutting back. I now use only 1 tablespoon per cup and I can live with the 35 calories.
  • stephensmith0929
    Options
    Milk and no sugar! Im sweet enough!! :)
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Put something "in" coffee besides coffee? Strange things afoot ... hmm ... ;)
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I used to love coffee creamer but it's sooo high calorie and has far too much sugar and additives and I found that adding almond milk instead really helps me cut down and also feel better. I drink a LOT of coffee so it was really important I made the change. My morning coffees look like this:

2 T vanilla almond silk
    1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 sprinkle cinnamon
    1 pinch stevia

mmmm :) As the day progresses I usually trade my coffee in for spiced black coffee without sweetener so I'm not racking up tons of unaccounted-for calories. Back when I was using creamer I went through 300 extra calories in a day easily but I had convinced myself it wasn't that bad for me. Pathetic!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You only have one cup a day... then I say have the way you like it. I use the Coffeemate Italian Sweet Cream. Tried the Fat Free, but like you said... doesn't taste as good, and has almost the same in sugar! Tried the Natural Bliss, but find that I need to use more in order to get the same taste. The way I see it, it's only 2 tbls. and 10 grams of sugar in the course of my who day. And lke you, I usually only have the one cup.
  • ShawnaCurley
    ShawnaCurley Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    That's one place were I can't skimp on calories. I have to have the thick creamy creamer! And it is SO worth it! I would not be a pleasant person without it! haha
  • missshortyd
    Options
    I gave up soft drinks, sweetened tea, and most fruit juices, so I still have my coffee like I want it. 1 teaspoon sugar and two containers of the non-dairy creamer from McDonald's every morning. When I can afford it, I get a small cafe Americano (expresso) from Starbuck's and I add the same thing to it.
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If not black (I love black coffee), I put 1/4 cup of dark chocolate almond milk and 1/2 cup of skim milk. Delicious and filling!
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just drink it the way I like it. The alternatives aren't worth it for me, they don't make enough of a calorie difference for me to be sacrificing any of the pleasure I get out of having my coffee.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have some right now with All Natural Vanilla Bliss creamer (2 tbsps)
  • Ddmck1
    Ddmck1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Splenda and Skim Milk
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I only have one cup each day
    on tsp of sugar and one little cup of creamer (creamer is only 30cals for the little cups) and I don`t worry about it (I do chart it in my diary)

pic is from this mornings BF :)

001-11.jpg
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    A couple tbs. fat-free half and half, and two packets Spenda. :) I'm not a fan of flavored creamers. I like the coffee taste.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i recently started to get myself off of the flavored creamers...
    i am a huge fan of sweet coffee, so i woulda mainlined those creamers if i could have.
    my wife is also a couponer, so we have easily 6 of them in the basement fridge right now.

however...i recently decided that a couple packets of sugar in the raw would be wayyyy better for me than that science experiment they call creamer.

so now i take it with a lil' half and half and a couple sugar in the raws.

so far so good...though i do miss my caramel delight coffees once in awhile :)
  • CulleyMiller
    Options
    Coffee w/Sugar Free liquid creamer like Coffee Mate Vanilla Caramel or Vanilla are much better tasting than the powders. Avoid adding additional artificial sweetner. Just use the creamer. I am a coffee addict & it took about a week to get used to the change. If that doesn't do it for you, try sugar free Swiss Miss cocoa in your coffee.
    One cup isn't going to kill you so long as you aren't the type having coffee with your cream & sugar...heeheehee
  • anjullah77
    Options
    I use 3 tsp non dairy coffee mate with 2 packets of Truvia(I like the taste better than Stevia both from same source just different taste) its a total of 30 calories, you could also use almond milk or flavoried soy milk . For a weekend treat, I like making my own white mocha's by steaming 1/2 c of 2% milk( fat free doesn't cut it on taste) and a handful of white chocolate chips until melted. I do not know exact calories but I do know that it is way less than Starbucks, I am figuring under 200 calories and its my treat for the week.
  • tprattdenver
    Options
    I struggled with this as well. I like the rice milk that is vanilla flavored, it gives you the flavor without the fake tastes!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use the sugar free creamer
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've always preferred it black
  • Shyhmim
    Shyhmim Posts: 27
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.

Agreed!! Just enjoy it..its only 1cup a day..you can easily burn that off by an extra 10min walk. =):flowerforyou: