The scale is a lying torture device! I'm proof :)

Options

Replies

• mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Are you for real?? Good goobely GOO! How tall are you?
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Holy wow! *throws scale off highest building*
  • HerroEmma89
    HerroEmma89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ugh you're a scale saver as I was at the point were I going to chuck it out the bathroom window!!! lol ty ! you look FAB!!!
  • determined1221
    determined1221 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing. you are doing a great job!
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for posting! I have more of a goal shape than a goal weight & the numbers can certainly mess with the brain.
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    From the bottom of my blackened heart, thank you!~ I tell myself this every time I get on that $%#!&^* thing. The tape measure is our friend!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I have really noticed the inches...especially with the way clothes have been fitting. Evidence of that was on the weekend when I had to go down not one, not two, not three, but four sizes!!! So exciting...lol

Good job by the way. Keep it up!
  • alars09
    alars09 Posts: 27
    Options
    That is great advice!! I've been doing the Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge, and I am losing weight, but the scale is not moving as fast as the inches are coming off!! Woot!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Upon urging from a few of my MFPs here, I'm posting the below picture. The photo on the left is from Jan 1st when I weighed 202lbs - the photo on the right is from this morning when I weighed 203lbs. Since January, I've done P90X and I'm finishing up month 1 of Insanity.

Just goes to show your body can change and the scale won't show it ONE BIT. If I didn't take photos and measurements, I would surely be insane by now.

2w4bqpt.jpg

IGNORE THE TORTURE DEVICE aka the scale!!

if the scale is a lie, what does that make BMI? Also a lie? Since it's based solely on height and weight....
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Normalg
    Normalg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I truly am with you. I haven't measured or taken so many pics but I'm with you. My 10's are lose and scale shows 192 since way before . I was about ready to pull my hair out !!!!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Your tummy is looking amazing. Thanks for the reminder that the scale is evil!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Are you for real?? Good goobely GOO! How tall are you?

Haha, thanks! And I'm 5'6 :)
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm speechless. I had no idea the scale sucked so bad. You look awesome! Keep up the great work and thank you for these words of wisdom. I can't tell you how angry I get at the scale. : )
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Holy buckets! Great job! I would have never thought that you were about the same weight. You look great- did you have a butt and legs workout? Or was it all P90X?

Thank you! I did P90X and now I'm doing Insanity, but I also do zumba 2-3 times per week and my german shepherd walks me (no really, he walks me hahaha) for at least 10 miles per week on hills. The workouts are the easy part of weight loss for me - it's the food that I struggle with!

haha I know the feeling I used to have a lab/pitbull who would walk me too. Those hills must've been a beast! Oh man I hear you food is always the biggest struggle, but at least you've got the exercise part down:)
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this!!! I have a friend who just today has been discouraged and is ready to give up because her stupid scale has not moved in 2 months. I am going to send her the link to this post so she can know that others (many others) also experience the same frustrations, but it doesn't mean progress is not being made.

Congratulations on sticking with it even though the scale was not giving you the encouragement you so obviously deserved! you are a ROCK STAR!!!!!!!!!! :love:
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    beautiful!!!! yes my first round of p90 I lost a total of 8lbs... and almost 12 inches... I never use the scale it says I'm obese anyways :P
  • JoleneCooper
    JoleneCooper Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Wow! Thank you so much for showing this! It took me a long time to realize this as the truth but seeing your body -vs- the scale...wow...just wow! Keep it up!!
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    You look amazing!! Have you measured your body fat %? Has it changed by much?
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Amazing Indeed!!! Thanks for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!