Ladies, 5'7, what's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• clarissa08
    clarissa08 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My initial goal was 155, but now that I'm 159, I am really re-analyzing that goal, I'm not the size I want to be at yet, and to be honest, the changes I made were easier than I had originally anticipated. Also, I have received compliments that I look healthy and well - which is most important to me. Last time I tried to weigh under 160, I did it the wrong way, and it was not healthy. This time I am doing it the right way, and people notice the difference. If I just continue working at being more healthy, I will not stop lowering my goal until I know I am crossing that line of healthy and unhealthy :)

My current goal is 146 :)
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My goal is between 140 - 145 lbs.
  • woman1961
    woman1961 Posts: 23
    Options
    id like to make it to 170 if i dont like how i look then ill go for 160
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Reading through these posts, I notice that there is a big difference between what the under 30 women see as their goals and us older gals. It seems as though the young women want to be very light (under 125 lbs), whereas the older women have slightly higher weight goals (140 +). The difference may be that the older women have had children, some have gone through menopause, and others have simply had more time to put the weight on.

I have a weight calculator app and it says that ideal weight for a 58 year old woman who is 5'7" is 136 lbs, while the ideal weight for same height woman who is only 30 years old, would be 131.5 lbs.

Food for thought....
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    143lbs
  • lauraankeny
    lauraankeny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5'7 and my goal is 135 lbs. :smile:
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I want to be around 125, but my real goal is to have my waist be 24" and it's 26" now.
  • reallyally1
    reallyally1 Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I'm shooting for around 150-145 lbs. But I haven't been at that weight since I was 10 years old so I don't really know how I will feel when I finally reach it. In fact, I can't even really remember what it was like to be under 170.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'8", medium-large frame. Started out at 151, currently hover between 127-129, my goal weight is around 115, and then I'll go from there :3

What?!?! I'm 5'8", medium-framed, and aiming for 130. Have you ever been to 115 before?

Nope. I mean, when I was a kid I was at 115 some point in time.
    I may try to go down to 110, but I'll probably stick with 115.

Not to be nosy and you might already be well aware of this, but 115 at 5'8" would put you in the Underweight range (and 110 definitely would). Just something to be aware of.

And yeah, it is interesting to see how much everyone's ideals vary. I reached my initial goal of 139 and got down to 136. I recently did some research about figuring out goal weights/ideal weights and came up with a wide variety of what that should be for a 5'7" person (even taking frame size into account)! Now that I'm at a weight I feel comfortable with I want to focus more on building muscle and on what my body fat percentage is rather than just the number on the scale.
  • vhamer
    vhamer Posts: 3
    Options
    Great question. Mine is 175, and then I'll focus on toning. I can't even remember when I was in the 170s...early high school?
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school I was 119 lbs at 5'7"... I looked lanky and sick looking back at photos.

I have grown a much more womanly shape once I started taking birth control and have been in college for 5 years.

I'm currently 158- Which feels too big for me. I was happiest around 130 because I have smaller hips and wider shoulders...
    God never really gave me much distinction between my waist and my hips... but hopefully after loosing 30lbs, I'll be able to see what
    shape of a woman I've turned out to have!

It all depends on your frame and how tone you want to be. I'll settle at 145 if I have some kick butt abs ;)
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'8", medium-large frame. Started out at 151, currently hover between 127-129, my goal weight is around 115, and then I'll go from there :3

What?!?! I'm 5'8", medium-framed, and aiming for 130. Have you ever been to 115 before?

Nope. I mean, when I was a kid I was at 115 some point in time.
    I may try to go down to 110, but I'll probably stick with 115.

Sweetness, that sounds like not enough weight for your height. Be safe and consult your physician before you try to endure that goal. Go up if anything and get yourself some tone belly and arm! (not criticism at all, I just know what I looked like at that weight and it wasn't pretty.)
  • ShellyShuey
    ShellyShuey Posts: 162
    Options
    I am, and original goal was 145 but have adjusted to 150 as I'm now a size 6 and feel fit.
  • healthylifeforme
    healthylifeforme Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My goal is 160, but I may adjust that once I get close to that.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    My last visit to the Doc (at 145) she said it was time to stop...

Realistically I'll be happy at 150-145.... but secretly hoping to make it to 141... my pre accident (14 years ago) weight.

I'm a little afraid of over reaching my goal and not being able to maintain.
  • gabyks
    gabyks Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm shooting for 135-140. I've been under 130 before, but didn't really like the way I looked or felt. But it's all about being fit--if I have have good muscle tone I'll be happy wherever I land.
  • rusialeelee
    rusialeelee Posts: 143
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal is 135.
    I went on 5 different sites and calculated it and apparently that's the ideal weight for our height o.o.
    True or not, 135 sounds fantastic!
  • Woly
    Woly Posts: 26
    Options
    Wow, a lot of people have the goal weight of my weight! That makes me feel good :) I'm 5'7 and have a medium/large frame and I'm aiming for 125 because my mom's 5'9 and 125 and she looks great. Maybe that's a little low for me though? I'd be thrilled at 130.
  • Woly
    Options
    <quote> I am, and original goal was 145 but have adjusted to 150 as I'm now a size 6 and feel fit. </quote>

You're 5'7, 150 and a size six?! I'm 145 and a size ten. Sometimes a 12.
  • Woly
    Options
    I am, and original goal was 145 but have adjusted to 150 as I'm now a size 6 and feel fit.

You're 150, 5'7, and a size 6?! I'm 145 and a size ten. Sometimes a twelve. Weirdness.