Carbs are making you fat

Options

Replies

• celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Mm I feel some people are a tad harsh but the OP didnt really explain why he believes what he does ;p

I personally am on a low carb diet >20g for medical issues. I am not exping the insulin spikes or sugar crashes like I was before and feeling fantastic for the first time in 5 freaking years!

My husband can eat carbs/sugar and lose weight, I on the other hand can not eat more then 20g of carbs a day without crashing and burning. My Insulin resistance is so bad that an apple will spike my levels out of control and ill feel like a pile of poo for a day or two after :/

I dont believe carbs make EVERYONE fat, I would argue tho carbs make certain types of people fat if they have certain medical conditions ;) tho! I have lost 25 pounds in 5 weeks since I went low carb.

I worked out 5 days a week w/trainer and followed the food advise exactly as instructed from the trainer/doctor. I lost 6 pounds in 2.5 months husband was down 35 pounds ??! Something was very wrong :( found out I am IR did as instructed by the doctor and BAM down 25 pounds. Husband can enjoy his pasta/bread and I can hope for the day I will be able to eat bread without feeling ill afterwards!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Edited.
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    ^Carbs with fake boobs.
  • Kari089
    Kari089 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Carbs do not make you fat. Carbs may give you water retention, but like many things...it passes.

What makes you fat is eating a calorie surplus and sitting on the couch all day.

THIS ^

I have tried every diet under the sun..only thing that worked and has been working for me has been lowering my intake of food and getting off my a** to work out..simple as that. None of those magic diet plans, no take this away and let me have only that-bad food vs good food.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    ^Carbs with fake boobs.

Sorry, edited my post - but I get what you mean :bigsmile:
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Nice job. You chased a newbie out of a chat room that is meant to be a place of support. You might not agree with the op but you could at least respond with respect and sensitivity.

This!

Get real. This guy didn't come here for "support." He came here to stir up the ****. And he succeeded.
  • willyzification
    willyzification Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Nice job. You chased a newbie out of a chat room that is meant to be a place of support. You might not agree with the op but you could at least respond with respect and sensitivity.

This!

Get real. This guy didn't come here for "support." He came here to stir up the ****. And he succeeded.

This.
  • thiscanbedone
    thiscanbedone Posts: 84 Member
    Options

^^^This
  • thiscanbedone
    thiscanbedone Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love eating my carbs but... Otherwise m just a cranky b*tch
  • BlackDhalia403
    Options
    finally someone i can relate to on a level ! i agree that carbs do make you fat , with that being said . . . anything makes you fat when u don't work out . i eat a lot of carbs and that turns to sugar which turns to fat , and my metabolism is slow bcuz i never worked out . so yes carbs do make u fat , bcuz i dont EVER eat sweets , or any greasy foods , mostly just carbs or starches . and yes industries put additives in our foods that are unhealthy and everyone should eat organic if they want to lose weight . i mean look at food labels make sure their is no corn syrup or other added sugars b4 buying it . bcuz i would eat whole wheat breads that apparently had corn syrup in it . and so did all my other 'healthy foods' i started buying organic whole foods so i didn't have to worry about my blood sugar being high . im only 18years old and my blood sugar is high bcuz of the intake of carbs i have everyday. well anyways u should add me ! (:
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Mm I feel some people are a tad harsh but the OP didnt really explain why he believes what he does ;p

I personally am on a low carb diet >20g for medical issues. I am not exping the insulin spikes or sugar crashes like I was before and feeling fantastic for the first time in 5 freaking years!

My husband can eat carbs/sugar and lose weight, I on the other hand can not eat more then 20g of carbs a day without crashing and burning. My Insulin resistance is so bad that an apple will spike my levels out of control and ill feel like a pile of poo for a day or two after :/

I dont believe carbs make EVERYONE fat, I would argue tho carbs make certain types of people fat if they have certain medical conditions ;) tho! I have lost 25 pounds in 5 weeks since I went low carb.

I worked out 5 days a week w/trainer and followed the food advise exactly as instructed from the trainer/doctor. I lost 6 pounds in 2.5 months husband was down 35 pounds ??! Something was very wrong :( found out I am IR did as instructed by the doctor and BAM down 25 pounds. Husband can enjoy his pasta/bread and I can hope for the day I will be able to eat bread without feeling ill afterwards!

Glad it is working really well for you.
    You said you have >20g which is greater than 20g. Do you mean less than 20g - <20g?
  • BlackDhalia403
    Options
    You all should be ashamed of yourself ! You're what like between 20-40 + , yeah well I'm 18 and I could show more respect than all of you put together. You are all worse than my junior year of high school when kids use to tease me . This is a website based on supporting each other to lose weight. Everyone has different opinions on things , and some are more open-minded. No one asked you to comment if you don't agree, then keep it to yourself. Stop bringing drama everywhere you go, save that for someone else. I think if you're going to be on here talking that way, maybe you should be removed from this site. This isn't a place to take things out on others, okay? I'm tired of people talking mess to others when they have done nothing wrong.
  • BlackDhalia403
    Options
    Oh and not everyone wants to hear the way you diet. Your diet may not work for everyone else. Everyone's body is different, and reacts differently to certain things. So don't say he didn't want to listen to what you had to say . Because in reality , you are all putting him down , being sarcastic & acting childish. This ruined my whole night ! THANKS!!!!
  • KitTheRoadie
    KitTheRoadie Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Umm no they are not, infact I eat loads of carbs and oh guess what I've only lost fat since I've been on here! :noway:

Why is it peole believe every single thing they read?! :grumble:
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    this girl loves her carbs!
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Glad it is working really well for you.
    You said you have >20g which is greater than 20g. Do you mean less than 20g - <20g?

I ment Less then 20g of Carbs lol! Its hard at first but im not going into what ive dub insulin coma anymore :)!
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    1232z3s.jpg
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    http://www.ajcn.org/content/23/7/948.full.pdf+html

Low carb dieters eaters found to eat less calories having been told to eat as much low carb food as they want.

Blast from the past :-)
  • cremeetsucre
    Options
    Different things work for different people.

When you restrict carbs though it's well known that at first you drop a lot of water weight. Some people mistake that for real fat loss. When you up your carbs again, bam, that weight will come back on. The same people will then come to the conclusion that carbs are making them fat.

Ignoring minor water weight scale fluctuations, as long as I restrict calories, I lose weight. If I overeat calories, I gain and if I keep them balanced, I maintain.

When I eat low carb/high protein now I actually risk getting very sick. I'm on a migraine medicine (topamax) where it can increase my risk of kidney stones. I couldn't believe it when my doctor told me explicitly to avoid those types of diets while on this medication. I also have found that I experience low blood sugar if I go without a lot of carbs during the day now. Once it dropped so low I almost passed out. I really thought I was a good thirty seconds or so from hitting the floor.
  • 1kerriberri
    1kerriberri Posts: 48
    Options
    golly gosh guys and gals.......... just do what works for you!
This discussion has been closed.