Ladies: Guys shorter then you?!

Options

Replies

• IndyInk
    IndyInk Posts: 212
    Options
    If I found a good man, there's no way I'd get rid of him over his height. In my experience, short guys are funnier, more humble, and more willing to do go the extra mile for a great girl... usually because women throw them away over their stature.

I'm 5'9 and definitely attracted to shorter guys. Dealbreakers for me include violence, major differences over religion, cheating, things like that.... not height.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    no way...unless Im rocking some SERIOUS stilettos...and he would still have to be somewhat my same height...6 feet and above!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I could never reject a good guy based on height. Besides, I'm average so if I can throw on some heels and feel like a glamazon next to him then great!
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    If the sex is good I don't care about too much in the looks department.

And sex with someone your height works better. You can still kiss him when you're on top.

HHmmm Ive never had a problem NOT being able to kiss a tall guy when im on top. Lmfao.
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    I'd say if you're attracted, don't write him off. Don't write him off just from insecurity (not saying you feel that way, but if you do). I'm 5'7" and I've dated probably 3-4 guys shorter/same height as me. I prefer taller guys but if I'm attracted it doesn't really matter to me.

and to the Amazonian comment...I think looking hot and tall next to a guy is awesome ;-)
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My sister briefly dated a guy in the Navy who was a couple of inches shorter than her (she is 5'5). When she was out with him some guys shouted form their car: "De plane! De plane!" She said she felt bad for him but it turned her off.
    I am only 5'2 and have mostly dated much taller guys. I could be attracted to a short guy too I think - depending on the person.
    "It is better to have loved a short man than never to have loved a tall."
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    no way...unless Im rocking som SERIOUS stilettos...and he would still have to be somewhat my same height...6 feet and above!

All my heels are serious stilettos.

Smh....
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    shortest guy I ever dated was 5'9" I am 5'6" what he lacked in height he made up with his SUPER fit physique .. However my husband is 6'1" and sometimes it seems like that's short to me.. ( my dad was 6'5.5" ) eh I guess its how people carry themselves .. my friends have thought I was closer to 5'8" but I just have a big personality ....

but truly its how someone treats you that trumps it all..
  • sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My hubby is 3 inches shorter than me and about 60lbs lighter. He was not my normal type by any means and we do get strange looks in public sometimes. However, I wouldn't trade him for anything or anyone in the world.
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It's a matter of attraction. I'm 5'5 and dated someone 5'4-5'5ish and was obsessed w/ them. Truthfully as of recent I've been leaning towards the 5'10" and above guys but the shorter ones that I may be attracted to haven't come my way. Give it a chance, if you can't get over it then let it go. No use in forcing it.
  • _Amy_Budd
    _Amy_Budd Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is about a half an inch shorter than me. He is the best man I've ever known - kind, sweet, funny, respectful, attentive, loving, sexy, great kisser, passionate, handsome, smart, goofy, adorable... I could go on and on. He treats me better than anyone in my life has ever treated me.

My ex-husband was 4 inches taller than me. He's emotionally abusive, a liar, cruel, irresponsible, manipulative, selfish... I could go on and on.

I think you get my point. It's the man and how he behaves that's important, not his height.

:)
    Amy
  • DietingMommy08
    Options
    I'd say if you're attracted, don't write him off. Don't write him off just from insecurity (not saying you feel that way, but if you do). I'm 5'7" and I've dated probably 3-4 guys shorter/same height as me. I prefer taller guys but if I'm attracted it doesn't really matter to me.

and to the Amazonian comment...I think looking hot and tall next to a guy is awesome ;-)

Def not insecure, I love my height...
    I just dont find it attractive.

Thats my deal breaker... Mentally hes amazing... physically im finding it hard to deal with.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Everyone is the same size in bed :bigsmile:
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    So the number of inches a guy has is important to a woman then? I see....
  • LoisSmith
    LoisSmith Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know, my man is a couple inches shorter but I usually just try to watch the heels on my shoes so I don't tower over him. He has always had an issue with being short so I try not to play up on it. If they are a good person, don't worry about the height. Mine is a great fella.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand this concept. Why can't a woman be taller than her date? Is this some kind of sexist thing?
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options

NOT true.
  • MystiqueASAP
    MystiqueASAP Posts: 747
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and dated a guy 5'8 and it was okay, I just had to wear flats when around him; I didn't like that much. My preference is that he'd be taller than me; but do what feels right for you.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

NOT true.

S'Plain 96?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I don't think I would care.