Ever asked the husband/wife/SO this question?

Options
BAtobe
BAtobe Posts: 93 Member
I've done it before but not before I was strong enough to hear the answer. I know my husband loves me no matter what my size. There was a time that I could walk into a room naked and he wouldnt look my way, I'd do anything for him to initiate intimacy. I was depressed, felt hopeless, unwanted, ugly and fat. I notice as I lose and get more fit, he cannot keep it hands off me. TOTAL ego boost.

I asked him if he finds me sexy now and if he found me sexy before. The answer wasnt pretty but I'm not mad at him either. He loves me no matter what size I am and I love feeling like he wants me all day, every day. :wink: I think it helps me stay motivated as well. Wondering if anybody else found the guts to ask their spouses or significant others that question.

Replies

• quianabenson
    quianabenson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I asked my husband, and he was BRUTALLY honest with me. I cried, cried, and cried. He didn't love me any less, nor was he any less attracted to me. But he had noticed my body was "changing". So now we work out together...and he pushes me harder than I push myself. It is motivating, and it is rewarding to both me, and my husband! Keep up the good work!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I did and his response was;

'It's easier to love you now because I can tell you love yourself more and that makes me happy'
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    We both are trying to lose weight and the last few weeks I've been very upset about my weight ( I decided to do before pics which made it worse) but he says he loves me however I am.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

'It's easier to love you now because I can tell you love yourself more and that makes me happy'

What a great answer <3
  • BAtobe
    Options

I absolutely identify with this as well. Confidence is sexy no matter what your size. :smile:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard - he must be a gem! You are a lucky woman!:flowerforyou:
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I was never a skinny girl when we met, but I put on 60lbs over the course of our relationship. He claims he didn't notice, but it was so gradual, that maybe he didn't? When I weighed 233lbs, I showed him a picture of me at 170. I was like "Look how good I looked!!" and he said he didn't realize how big I had gotten. He loves me either way, but for us, and for having a long, happy, healthy life together, we changed our lifestyle completely so we could both become healthier. It would be a lie to say he isn't enjoying my weight loss just as much as I am, I am definitely more attractive to both of us now.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this brave topic. It just made me realize something pretty amazing about my husband. At 177 pounds, he NEVER stopped wanting me, he never stopped wanting me every single day! Now that I am 23 pounds lighter, becoming more and more fit, he only wants me more. What a blessed girl I am, thank you for helping me see such a positive thing about my husband, with him I tend to focus on his negatives and simply put, I shouldn't!
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I still not ready to ask but I kno the answer would be something along the lines of it doesn't matter but I want you to be healthy. We've had conversations before about it and he knows right now I'm trying really hard to workout and stuff and already seeing a change towards me and he has started working out this week actually. He knows I'm happier when I exercise more. And yes I'm less lazy too with helps our overall relationship. Sometimes I even tell him if I've had a good week but I won't tell him what my exact weight is at the moment cause I'm still not reaching a more "acceptable" weight.
  • SlimSammy2012
    SlimSammy2012 Posts: 893
    Options
    That question is so hard for most men, including me. We truly do mean that we love you no matter what your body looks like but on the other hand, we can see and feel the uncomfortablness in you and it sort of makes the whole thing a difficult situation for both.

I know I don't look "appetizing" when I am the way I am now. I also don't want to get back in shape just so a woman is attracted to me. I want ti do it so I am more confident, comfortable and sexier to my partner.
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Even at my heaviest (226) I never had to ask. My husband tells me - often - how beautiful and sexy I am.
  • BAtobe
    Options
    Just to be clear, my husband never commented my weight before. I had a tendency to say things like "I'm so fat" to fish for compliments but no matter what he said, how hard he tried, it wasnt good enough in my head so I believe he just quit trying to make me feel better. I projected my insecurities into our relationship. Now I feel confident, sexy and never need to fish because I know I look good and I feel even better. :flowerforyou:
  • LifeChangingExp
    Options

awww I LOVE THIS
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend was honest with me from the start about this issue. Of course, now she loves the fact that I am holding her to the expectation to get healthier(Sarcasm, she really hates this.). She's not overweight, but she could eat better and do some weight work and REALLY change her composition into being a damn drop dead gorgeous level. Even if she doesn't, I'll love her, but I don't accept the double standard approach. I work hard, you work hard.

Some of the reasoning statements in here highlight why I have an issue with overweight. (Dating someone who is/finding them attractive, and myself). A lot of time the way you look says a lot about how you feel about yourself and take care of yourself. Showing that you love yourself enough to be fit and healthy is far more attractive to me than anything else. I can understand why my girlfriend finds me more attractive now as I take the weight off than she did a year ago, and hold no resentment over it.
  • jamaljohar
    jamaljohar Posts: 55
    Options
    wow smooth dude
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My husband loves the size I am now. He knows that I want to lose the weight to be around longer and to be healthier in general. He does whatever he can to help me. However.. when I lose more and more weight.. he tends to get scared that I'm going to run off on him. He's said before that he prefers me larger because then he doesn't feel that he has to try as hard to keep me around. Oh.. my husband.. such a butt head sometimes lol.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options

I love this so much!

My husband says he loves me no matter what my size, but then he's the one saying my target weight is too high or I'm not pushing myself hard enough. And then in the next breath that I'm being too hard on myself. I haven't had him at the 'can't keep my hands off of you' stage in years. I think, sadly, that ship has sailed no matter how I look...
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    My husband has always told me that he will love me no matter what size I am. He fell in love with me when I was 240 lbs, loved me up to 295 and down to 175, and all the time in between. He worries about my health, that's all,
  • RachelWest86
    Options

You have a very smart, and very sweet husband. Kudos to him for loving you, and kudos to you for finding him!
  • BlahBlaBlah
    BlahBlaBlah Posts: 33
    Options
    Even at my heaviest (226) I never had to ask. My husband tells me - often - how beautiful and sexy I am.

Mine is the same way. From my lightest weight (157) to my heaviest (220), I've never had to ask. My weight has never made a difference to him and he's always made that obvious. How lucky we are. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!