Ladies: Guys shorter then you?!

Options

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    No deal. I'm 5'9 and I STILL don't date guys shorter than me

AmberJslimsAW I dont date girls that are shallow like you!!!!!!!!!

Hahahaha
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My hubby is 2-3 inches shorter than me...it really doesn't both me much.
  • sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My husband is shorter than me also. If you like him go for it!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well I'm 5'11" so a guy who is 5'2" I have no attraction to whatsoever, but a guy who is 5'10" is acceptable. So what I'm saying is that the 5'2" is acceptable for you, at least in my opinion.

Thissssss, especially if he's cute! Height don't matter when your horizontal!!
  • cindaroses
    cindaroses Posts: 117
    Options
    My husband is 2 inches shorter, maybe 3...it isn't a big deal.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    No deal. I'm 5'9 and I STILL don't date guys shorter than me
    What about the same height? I'm 5'9'' but I'm not a little guy at all! plus I could toss you around like a toy:wink:
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'd date a guy shorter than me because, even though I'd prefer taller, I can still be attracted to someone enough based on other things (like what you mentioned) enough to not care about height. I think a few inches is a very silly thing to let an amazing guy go for, but I suppose it will be your loss.
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My husband is 5'2"ish; I'm 5'3". We both have a great sense of humor about it. We joke that we're a little hobbit family. I come from a tiny family anyway, though. My dad is 5'3". My brother is the tallest in the entire family at 5'5". I usually tell people I come from mountain goat gymnast stock. It's true. :) If it bothers you, well, then you have your answer. If not, you could be very happy.
  • RyanDanielle5101
    Options
    I'm 5' exactly and I have never met a guy shorter than me!!!

If I did it just wouldn't work out:/ Who would get the **** out of the cabinets that I can't reach??
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    I'd say if you're attracted, don't write him off. Don't write him off just from insecurity (not saying you feel that way, but if you do). I'm 5'7" and I've dated probably 3-4 guys shorter/same height as me. I prefer taller guys but if I'm attracted it doesn't really matter to me.

and to the Amazonian comment...I think looking hot and tall next to a guy is awesome ;-)

Def not insecure, I love my height...
    I just dont find it attractive.

Thats my deal breaker... Mentally hes amazing... physically im finding it hard to deal with.

I think if you're not attracted then you're not attracted, you can't force it. But don't write him off entirely, if you become friends he may grow on you and you may date him in the future ;-)
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    If he's in the airforce, I bet he's got the toned body to make up for the height!

Ehhh.... Lol.

LOL. I'm in the AF and being "toned" is definitely not something I see as a given amongst the any of us, women or men.
    Guys who work out will work out regardless of being in the military or not. Guys who don't like to workout won't work out, regardless of being in the military or not.
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    It was a question. I don't understand where the preference comes from, so I'm assuming it's got to do with a sexist idea of men being dominant or protective. Calm down.

I've been waiting for this one to pop up. No one is allowed to compare men and women in any way, shape, or form anymore, without it being sexist and in some way an indicator of some conspiracy in which men hold women down for their own benifit.

MOST women like the feeling of being protected and sheltered that a taller boyfriend gives (don't worry, the fact that you're setting women's rights back 50yrs is ok with us men). MOST men like the feeling of protecting and sheltering they get when their girlfriend is shorter (I guess this makes us sexist pigs...sadly).

Which is it... there's no such thing as the patriarchy, or you're okay with the women's movement being set back?

Confusing.
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    It may be an issue for some. I'm short (5'2) and have never dated anyone close to my height. I usually stuck with the taller guys and my husband is significantly taller than me. It all comes down to personal preference.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    No.

But then again I am 5'2.

I have never gone for guys who were shorter than me. I like the protected feeling I get from a tall guy.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my guy is 5'5".
    I'd be a complete idiot if I tossed this gem of a man aside because of a height difference.
    He didn't let it be an issue for him either, thank goodness.
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I'm barely 5'1.A guy would have to pretty small to be shorter than me..I've.only met one in my entire life that was and he was tiny tiny.. like 4'9 and looked like he weighed about 70 lbs.. he was the size of a jockey. It made we feel like an amazon lol. But hey if he's a great guy and you like him it should not matter. Personally I have always been attracted to the tall dark and handsome type.. my husband is 5'11.. not super tall but plenty tall enough for me.
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't think an inch should matter. However, if it's a dramatic difference and it makes you feel uncomfortable or you are not attracted to him because of it, then obviously it would be an issue. I just don't think I would notice one inch in height.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and want my guy to be as tall or taller than me when I'm in my heels. But do whatever feels right for you!
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    nope never never
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    In theory I don't have an issue w/ a man being shorter than me, but realistically, I would be arrested b/c only 8yr old boys are shorter than me! :noway: :laugh: