Calling all ripped in 30 people

Options

Replies

• saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I just did day 1 of week 3...HAAAAAAATE. LOL I think I hated it today because I didn't preview the workout beforehand so I was having to watch and then catch up. Definitely more advanced moves.

Awesome jobs to those that are seeing progress! I've been stuck since the new year...so I'm not stepping on the scale are taking measurements until I'm done with the challenge...and I'm praying real hard that this challenge is the kick in the tush that my body needed!!

I started Week 3 yesterday also. And, I HAAAAAATE it also! Man, it was hard. I bet I stopped 4 times during the 20 minute workout. What the hell are those stupid squat walk things at the beginning? I thought my legs were going to break and I was going to die. I never fully recovered from that move - made the rest of the workout difficult! I plan to try again today (now that I know what to expect it might be a little easier). I know that it's an awesome workout, it's just not my favorite week (level). There are so many people who have had such great results from RI30 ... I'll keep those folks in mind and push my way through in hopes of similar results!

DUCK WALKS!!! uuugh i hate them with everything inside of me lol

I HATE the duck walks! It's almost like she wants your quads to scream and collapse and beg for mercy! I had a hard time with anything that asked my quads to work after that!!
    CIndym82-that's a fantastic loss! Is that just from doing JM? I've done everything under the sun since January and have just lost and regained the same 5lbs. over and over again...getting really frustrated! Sending you a friend request if you don't mind. :flowerforyou:
  • lizzyb0601
    lizzyb0601 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    There are some difficult moves in level 3, duck walk is one of them.

Cindy..awesome job! You look great.

I did level 3 day 2 today and it was better now that I know the moves. The plank dips? I don't think Im doing those right.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Ugh...I just did day 1 of week 3...HAAAAAAATE. LOL I think I hated it today because I didn't preview the workout beforehand so I was having to watch and then catch up. Definitely more advanced moves.

Awesome jobs to those that are seeing progress! I've been stuck since the new year...so I'm not stepping on the scale are taking measurements until I'm done with the challenge...and I'm praying real hard that this challenge is the kick in the tush that my body needed!!

I started Week 3 yesterday also. And, I HAAAAAATE it also! Man, it was hard. I bet I stopped 4 times during the 20 minute workout. What the hell are those stupid squat walk things at the beginning? I thought my legs were going to break and I was going to die. I never fully recovered from that move - made the rest of the workout difficult! I plan to try again today (now that I know what to expect it might be a little easier). I know that it's an awesome workout, it's just not my favorite week (level). There are so many people who have had such great results from RI30 ... I'll keep those folks in mind and push my way through in hopes of similar results!

I HATE the duck walks! It's almost like she wants your quads to scream and collapse and beg for mercy! I had a hard time with anything that asked my quads to work after that!!
    CIndym82-that's a fantastic loss! Is that just from doing JM? I've done everything under the sun since January and have just lost and regained the same 5lbs. over and over again...getting really frustrated! Sending you a friend request if you don't mind. :flowerforyou:

All from JM and I upped my calories from 1200-1310 and eat back about 30% of my exercise calories. Also, I got blood work done and found out I was low in vitamin D, and B12.....also take a multi vitman/mineral, and fish oil
  • Cindym82
    Options
    There are some difficult moves in level 3, duck walk is one of them.

Cindy..awesome job! You look great.

I did level 3 day 2 today and it was better now that I know the moves. The plank dips? I don't think Im doing those right.

I wish I had a mirror to watch myself do the stuff to see if I do it like she does. I'm doing day 2 today, couldn't do it yesterday cause I hurt my foot at work.
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Do you need anything other than the video for this? I'm finishing up my second round of 30DS on Friday and will start RI30 on Saturday.
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    Do you need anything other than the video for this? I'm finishing up my second round of 30DS on Friday and will start RI30 on Saturday.

Dumbbells...whatever weight size you're comfy with. I have 2, 5 and 8lbs at home. Also a yoga/exercise mat if you're on a hard surface. :)
  • saverys_gal
    Options

All from JM and I upped my calories from 1200-1310 and eat back about 30% of my exercise calories. Also, I got blood work done and found out I was low in vitamin D, and B12.....also take a multi vitman/mineral, and fish oil

I had a full blood panel done last year as I'm only working with one thyroid and I'm perfect-no issues at all. Never tested for D or B-12 deficiencies but I do take supplements anyhow as I don't get a lot of sunlight and the B12 totally helps with the energy! I'm going to finish up week 3 and week 4 of RI30 and maybe do it again in the hopes of working up to the advanced moves...not sure.
  • Cindym82
    Options

You need the same stuff as 30DS
  • Cindym82
    Options

I had a full blood panel done last year as I'm only working with one thyroid and I'm perfect-no issues at all. Never tested for D or B-12 deficiencies but I do take supplements anyhow as I don't get a lot of sunlight and the B12 totally helps with the energy! I'm going to finish up week 3 and week 4 of RI30 and maybe do it again in the hopes of working up to the advanced moves...not sure.

I go on vacation on Friday so I think when I come back I'm gonna do another round of it. I have a thyroid issue too but the doc's wont put me on meds and I have had crazy symptoms for years now :( found some natural things that help tho
  • saverys_gal
    Options

I go on vacation on Friday so I think when I come back I'm gonna do another round of it. I have a thyroid issue too but the doc's wont put me on meds and I have had crazy symptoms for years now :( found some natural things that help tho

I'd been doing Leslie Sansone DVDs, pilates/walking and Jackie Warner prior to picking up RI30...loved it all but saw no results. I might be able to stomach doing another round of RI30 simply due to the fact that I'm doing the modified/beginners moves for most everything!
    I had a goiter and had my right thyroid removed back in 2004...never been on meds, never had hypo/hyper and my levels have been perfect every year so I guess I'm lucky. But right now my thyroid is about the only thing I can think of that's causing me to not be able to lose weight.
  • Cindym82
    Options

I'd been doing Leslie Sansone DVDs, pilates/walking and Jackie Warner prior to picking up RI30...loved it all but saw no results. I might be able to stomach doing another round of RI30 simply due to the fact that I'm doing the modified/beginners moves for most everything!
    I had a goiter and had my right thyroid removed back in 2004...never been on meds, never had hypo/hyper and my levels have been perfect every year so I guess I'm lucky. But right now my thyroid is about the only thing I can think of that's causing me to not be able to lose weight.

Funny thing is, Vitamin D plays a big role with it too. That's what I found out from my endo. Because it took me about 2months to lose 2lbs, than I did 30DS and was put on the Vitamin D and lost another 2lbs, once my vit D regulated and I lost another 4lbs. Her killer buns and thighs and 6 week 6 pack dvd's are good too. I love killer buns and thighs LOL, and can see a difference in my butt from doing her videos
  • Bxrlvr73
    Bxrlvr73 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well, I ordered RI30 yesterday after all the amazing results and reviews from you all. I'm excited and scared to death to start this.
  • Cindym82
    Options
    Well, I ordered RI30 yesterday after all the amazing results and reviews from you all. I'm excited and scared to death to start this.

awwww congrats!!! :) you'll do great. Make sure to watch the program before you do it so that you know what the exercises are like and you don't have to play catch up. And you have all of us cheering you on
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Just finished Ripped in 30 last week. For results, go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/581050-ripped-in-30-results
  • Cindym82
    Options
    Just finished Ripped in 30 last week. For results, go here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/581050-ripped-in-30-results

Great results!! What did you do diet wise?
  • saverys_gal
    Options

Great results!! Hoping to have a success story like you in 2 more weeks!!

Cindy-agree on the Vitamin D! I actually make a point to go outside as much as possible during the day with NO sunblock just to soak it up. It does me a world of good. I'll have to look into killer buns and thighs. Is it just one workout or separate ones where you progress like 30DS and RI30?
  • Cindym82
    Options

Great results!! Hoping to have a success story like you in 2 more weeks!!

Cindy-agree on the Vitamin D! I actually make a point to go outside as much as possible during the day with NO sunblock just to soak it up. It does me a world of good. I'll have to look into killer buns and thighs. Is it just one workout or separate ones where you progress like 30DS and RI30?

there's seperate ones that you work up to. I thought it was a fun one and easy on the knees. Some of the things she says is just funny. Esp in RI30....i die laughing sometimes
  • raycolvin
    raycolvin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I went from dislike of Week 2 to full on hate last night. I'm so over it, but I'm still going to finish it. Just today and tomorrow to go. I'm really looking forward to starting Week 3 on Wednesday.

I just am about to do day 2 of week 2...the crow push-ups get me..because I can do 27 normal pushups..and to not even do 5 without having to push myself kills me! But yes...you just have to push through what you can..i mean...at least your doing it to begin with!!!!...FINISH STRONG is my motto....

Oh and I LOATHE the freaking plank for 2 minutes. I meant...my shoulders burn...but no pain no gain i guess.
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I decided to go back to Level 1 to finish out the week and start on Week 3 tomorrow. I was so over Week 2. I will say that I could go straight through level 1 a LOT easier. So I guess I was still getting stronger. I'm looking forward to level 3 tomorrow. I bought the Yoga Meltdown Plan and am doing it tonight too.
  • Cindym82
    Options
    Thanks Ladies! I decided to go back to Level 1 to finish out the week and start on Week 3 tomorrow. I was so over Week 2. I will say that I could go straight through level 1 a LOT easier. So I guess I was still getting stronger. I'm looking forward to level 3 tomorrow. I bought the Yoga Meltdown Plan and am doing it tonight too.

def getting stronger :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!