Where did you meet...?

Options

Replies

• JoanneStone
    JoanneStone Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I met on a blind date. I was 16 he was 18, it was love at first sight for him (or so he tells me) I wasn't far behind. We'll celebrate our 28th anniversary in September.
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Met my men because he was the roomate of a guy who was madly in love with me...Oups !

I was 17 and he was 24. Still together after 8 years :)
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    June 11th, 1998 I went into Hardee's for an interview and he walked me back to the manager. The 2nd shift I worked he was my supervisor (he's only 6 weeks older than me) and I got boiling water spilled on my hands. I was in the break room crying in pain and he wiped my tears away telling me everything would be okay. He's still sweet and wonderful! I returned the favor numerous times when he was sick in pain from cancer. We don't have a perfect life but it's truly wonderful b/c we have each other!
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Right here on MFP.

We bonded over Star Wars and running over little old ladies with walkers. :)

Awesome story!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    he was working at dairy queen and i got a job there when i was 15. it was love at first sight for him, and he persued me through multiple relationships i had, but i wasnt interested haha. he made it quite obvious that he loved me, and told me so long before we were 'dating' our work crew would often do things after our shift, so we hung out alot with the same crouwd. he went off to college after his summer break and i realized somehting was missing. he would come home from breaks and we would meet up at mcdonalds and play silly card games for a bit before he left back to college. i remember the last time i visited him before he left for his dorms. i put my legs up on his while watching a movie and felt electricity going through me, but i had a boyfriend... so nothing happened. i would often apologise for not being able to love him/ be with him. after waiting for threeish years he had become my best friend, but nothing past that. we wrote each other letters and he finally sent one that said he couldnt put up with it anymore, seeing someone he loved love other people. we fought a lot about his intrest in me, but always ended up hanging out when he came back into town. he bought me a sweat shirt from his university, but then accidentaly sent me a text ment for someone else saying he was gonna return it because he cant put up with me anymore and i just lead him on. we fought about that for a bit, and he called me drunk while i was at school crying and saying he messed up and missed me more then anything and it made his heart heart to hurt me. we started being friends again, and later i went through a horrible break up and was severly depressed. i texted him and told him to meet me at a friends birthday party (at a hotel) and we ended up getting a room of our own :p that was almost 2 years ago to the day. i wouldnt accept his formal asking to be his labled girlfriend, but a month into it i realized i love this man. we were at a water park hotel and i was falling asleep and he whispered "i love you" and i just knew <3
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    We met at a salsa dance practice club.
    together 4 years, living together 2.5 years.
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at my apartment. I set up a carpool for some friends going to a concert and he was the friend that a friend of ours brought. My best friend surprised me with a ticket and we all went to the concert together. I thought he was a dork and a bad dancer. He thought I was annoying, I over-indulged in a thing or two.

About a month later my best friend convinced us to hang out again. I knew he was into me but it wasn't until a trip to Reno where he started winning and buying me drinks that I started taking notice of him. I like winners and free things. We held hands for the entire drive back to San Francisco and have been together ever since. It will be nine years since that day this August and we have been married for two weeks. :smooched:
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    Public school...and I hated him.
  • guppygirl322
    guppygirl322 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby at a bar 22 years ago. For him, it was love at first sight. For me, well, it took a few months for me to decide if I even liked him, lol.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on the baseball field, in the town we live in right now. I was 12 and he was 26. He was the guy around town that had all the equipment and would get the guys together to play infield or scrimmage all the time. I was a new girl in town and didn't realize that girls didn't usually play, so off I went with glove in hand down to the field and said, "Hey can i play?" I think they all thought I was a guy at first. I had a short pixie hair cut and was quite tall and lanky. Ray, my husband, said, "Sure why not? Where do you play?" They threw me in the field and from that day forward I played ball with the guys. I had a MAJOR crush on him pretty much through out high school, but then he stopped talking to me when I was a sophomore. Right out of the blue. I was heartbroken but the only answer he would give me when I asked, "Why? Did I do something wrong?" was, "Sometimes a man has to do what a man has to do." Little did I know it was because he was being noble and didn't think it was right that he had feelings for a young girl still in high school while he was 29 and I was 16. Needless to say, I went off to college and I did write to him and he responded. We corresponded then I messed up and got pregnant. I was SO stupid and innocent when I went to college I didn't know what had hit me. Anyways, I did not stay with my babies father as his first words were, "I will get half the money while you come up with the other half." I knew then that we were finished. I could not abort this baby. Once I had her I began going to his house and visiting him and his parents. I asked him to be her Godfather and he said Yes. From then on things kind of just ran their course and we started dating and were married shortly after. He adopted my daughter before we had our first child together and has been an amazing father and husband. He's everything I could ask for and more. We have been married almost 27 years. I love him as much today as I did when I was a young 12 year old Tom Boy on the ball field.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I will be married 10 years this November.
    We met in an AOL (yes AOL) Chat room. Neither one of us was looking for a relationship we were both just online to chat with people. We were in a random chat room and happen to live 15 minutes from each other.

Nope Definately not love at first sight
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    We met in the dusty, war torn Silithus. I needed a his help, and he needed a new shirt. Together, we conquered Upper Black Rock Spire that night. He got his shirt, btw. Beautiful Magisters Robes. :bigsmile:

(we met online, simple description)
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    He was seperating from his wife and coming to stay with his father..His father was my boss at a Drug Store I worked.. When he walked into the store I thought to myself he is so good looking.Such pretty blue eyes and smile.. His dad called me into the office and introduced us..
    At lunch we went to my house and he met my kids. From there he stayed with me and my kids in a one bedroom apt. and slept on the couch instead of going and staying at his dads. He was in the Air Force and had to drive 50 miles one way to go to work but didn't mind doing it. A year later we got married and have been married 29 yrs this Oct.14th.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    If you are happily married OR happily dating someone where did you meet your spouse/significant other?

Was it love at first sight?

We met at a college dance (wow that sounds ancient!) We joked about getting married the night we met, and within a few months we were pretty serious, even though I was just 18. We've been married 26 years! (Dated for 5 years).
  • Aineko
    Aineko Posts: 163
    Options
    If you are happily married OR happily dating someone where did you meet your spouse/significant other?

Was it love at first sight?
    if happily de facto is allowed as well - he rented a room in the same house I was living in at the time :). and definitelly not a love on a first sight, I couldn't stand him for the first two months lol, he was driving me nuts. then I started talking to him :smooched:
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    Family introduced us and it was "lust" at first sight. :love: We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary this Summer!! He is the love of my life!!!
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Bought my husband at a charity bachelor auction at my college. He had volunteered through the Air Force to receive volunteer hours on his EPR. I was there to buy a guy for my bestie who just broke up with her boyfriend. He was the second guy to go and I paid ten dollars for him. We went on our first date two days later and have been together ever since. That was eight years ago and we're expecting our second child in five weeks.
  • msmindylee
    msmindylee Posts: 61
    Options
    I was tired of dating people who got spooked if you even said the word "future," so I placed a personal ad in an independent newspaper basically saying I was looking for someone who was romantic, who loved to laugh, and who loved music and the performing arts. Also someone who wasn't afraid of (cue threatening music here) marriage.

There were many, many responses. Some were comical. Some were like, "ooh, baby, yeah." Some were, "He sounds pretty nice." Brian was in the third group.

We met, we had a nice time together, no sparks whatsoever. I thought, hey, this guy is nice, we'll have some laughs together. I continued to see a couple other guys I met through the personal ad - very casual.

I told a co-worker about all this, and said that Brian was a "nice guy." She said, "You watch out for those nice guys, they'll sneak up on you!"

Valentine's Day came, and the other two guys behaved like it didn't exist. Brian sent me roses. I never looked back. A little more than two months later we were engaged, and we just celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary last week.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I was a designated driver for a friend for a 4th of July party. He was the guitar player at the party. It all started over crawfish. 3 months later we were married. 13 years it'll be in December.
  • Barbara98
    Barbara98 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I met my husband almost 14 years ago online in a chat room. I was origionally from Maine and he lived in Tennessee. We talked for quite a few months online and via phone. I flew down to meet him and in may of 1998 and I moved here in july of the same year and Married got married October 2,1998. He's the love of my life and my sole mate.