For those of you that drink coffee

Options

Replies

• miseducation1327
    miseducation1327 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest truvia or stevia other than the other artificial sweetners... a lot of research done lately on the dangers of them....if you're going to use half and half....go organic!
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee as much as I used to, but when I do I usually make my own cinnamon mocha. I use a little Nesquick, couple dashes of cinnamon, some honey, and skim milk. Ends up being 138 calories but way better than what you'd get at a restaurant and oooooohhhh so good!!!
  • cheeryel
    cheeryel Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm one of those caffein addicts. But since then I've tried to keep it 1 cup per day, and try to drink black coffee.
    I've beginning to love the taste of just black coffee, but at the same time I can never reject a latte!

Coffee ftw! (:
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I drink it black, and fast. Sometimes I'll add almond milk, or if i'm out with friends i'll try a flavored creamer, but once you switch to black, you don't go back :p
  • Kaylyn221
    Kaylyn221 Posts: 123
    Options
    I use Splenda {I know... :devil: } and sugar free hazelnut creamer. I have tried coffee black and had to spit it out. I have also tried skim milk and soy milk {even vanilla flavored} and it just tasted like watered down black coffee, yuk. I don't have 'cheat' days so I think im okay with splenda and creamer in my measly cup of coffee {or 2... or 3.... or maybe 4 :drinker: }
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I drink it black most of the time. So Delicious Coconut creamer is awesome when I want something different.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Skimmed milk and two sweeteners. :)
  • lisseth82
    lisseth82 Posts: 28
    Options
    I brew my coffee with cinnamon sticks, add organic fat free milk or Oh so delicious coconut milk! No sugar for me :)
  • krissym822
    krissym822 Posts: 6
    Options
    I really like the Vanilla Coconut Milk.
  • bryansaums
    bryansaums Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Black. No calories. Why mess up a good thing?
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    half & half plus stevia
  • just4u_cara
    just4u_cara Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    1-2 cups in the morning (either brewed or K-Cup) and then Vanilla Caramel Coffee Mate in it. Very occasionally I'll have a cup of coffee in the mid-afternoon, same doctoring ;) Anything more than this and I feel icky the rest of the day.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I add about 2-3 oz of hot chocolate to mine, somewhere around 50 calories but its rare I drink coffee anyways.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it very often, but when I do I use a 16oz travel cup and add 1/2c skim milk and 1-1.5 T nestle natural bliss vanilla creamer. It's like 75 calories but that's way less than the Starbucks skinny caramel macchiatos that I used to drink.
  • rahrahrita
    rahrahrita Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Stevia or Truvia and unsweetened almond milk :)

and when I'm at Starbucks, I get it without milk or sometimes with soy, and I carry a little squeezy bottle of Stevita in my purse
  • giggles7706
    giggles7706 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    It varies. Chocolate raspberry creamer is delicious! The sugar free french vanilla isn't too bad. Caramel machiotto creamer....A little bit of that and 2-3 splendas and I am good to go. :) I only drink coffee when I work though and I never use a whole serving. I spread it out over several cups of coffee throughout the night.
  • nomoreplaying
    Options
    I can relate, but I decided I was going to enjoy my one cup of coffee, no substitutions or anything. I like it strong, with a mild flavored cream and sugar. I drink dunkin donut shop coffee, make it myself. One cup of perfection, I do it for me and its goooooood!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Oh no. I went through this with my coffee. First, black coffee ain't happening. I tried agave and milk, sugar free, milk and turbinado, stevia with half and half...I even tried some crap called Horchata in there. All nastiness. Welcome back good ol' coffee creamer! I have to live the rest of my life this way, not suffer through unpleasant mornings until someday rolls along. Enjoy your coffee the way you like it best!
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze (hard to find but it exists!) is 35 cals per cup, so you can add much more than the tbsp of Coffeemate you use now.
    Then add a serving of a sugar-free Torani syrup, and I think that should satisfy! :)
  • catpow2
    catpow2 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Torani sugar free syrups: http://shop.torani.com

Some of these are amazing--the hazelnut, freakin' fantastic. And just add some 2% (or 1% if you can handle it) milk.