What's some advice you would tell your 16 year old self ?

Options

Replies

• Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old self,

It's ok to be a dork... people will love you for it. Your hair is beautiful when it's not dyed or shelacked with hairspray. Be natural. Feel free. Stop wearing fake nails and laughing at jokes that you don't find funny. Please stop drinking - people notice, it's killing you, you're better than hiding behind a constant buzz. Don't ever let anyone make you feel expendable. You are worth wanting, needing, loving and having in this world.

Love,
    Someone who's been there
  • SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    1) Put down the cookies!
    2) Kick Jo-El in the taint, NOW!
    3) Tell Denise to GTF over herself, and DO NOT HELP HER. EVER!
    4) Get everything in writing!!!
    5) Don't buy the Cabrio
    6) Life experiences are great, even though they suck at the time, they DO happen for a reason, and in a few years, you'll have a steely gaze and metaphorical balls of solid effing rock. You'll be able to handle damn near anything, from being a fire-fighter, to a wife, and you will be totally ok after you move a few thousand miles away. If anything, you'll be better for it.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Nail every girl that offered it up, because looking back on it now I wish I would have!
  • lgtahoe
    lgtahoe Posts: 96
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me:

You are smoking hot -- let the boys chase YOU! But maybe get your eyebrows waxed : /
    Your hormones are raging, enjoy it, safely, but stay away from Stuart, Jason, and Ty.
    You have a fabulous metabolism now, enjoy it, but know it doesn't last forever. When it starts to wane in your 20's, get a grip on your appetite and learn about portion control. And stay in the gym consistently. You CANNOT eat whatever you want the way you used to!
    Cry less over the boys, save more money, don't get credit cards, major in something useful like business.
    Oh, and when Chris sends you a drink that night in college, get up and go thank him. Maybe you'll both learn about your mutual crushes on each other, rather than months later when you're both dating other people. Who knows what might happen.
  • Fitnthin101
    Fitnthin101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

Your high school boyfriend is not the one! Don't stay with him for the next 6 YEARS! Have fun and date! When you go to college have the chance to be single! Then, eventually you'll find the one. ( I did find the one by the way. But with a huge heartbreak previously from that 6 year relationship).
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me:

Stop hanging out with such weirdos who do drugs all day, they are making you look bad. Oh, and stop being such a little *kitten* to your parents, you are acting like an ungrateful heathen! And put down those cigs, you do not look cool smoking them and they make you smell like @ss. If you would just apply yourself more in school, you would have better than average grades! Oh, and that skater guy, has an eating disorder...that is why all he eats is cantaloupe and is turning orange (stop dating him). Straighten the hell up and stop being such a friggin brat all the time, not everything can be your way 24/7.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    you must ALL read the book, 'what I would have known then" letters to my former self.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    It doesn't make you blind.
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    Things are about to get real bad, but keep your head up and you will get through it a better person :)
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Quit caring about partying and work harder at school. Go to college... yep i'm 27 and haven't gone yet. Be wiser with your money. I would love to go back and redo things. Oh well... live and learn.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Dear 16 year old me,

What he did to you wasn't your fault, and it isn't worth trying to kill yourself over. I promise it does get better, and in just 6 short years, you'll be marrying the man of your dreams.

Love,
    Me
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Buy stock in Apple.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'd tell my 16 year old self to buy more clothes that are a bit too big on me... they'll be back in style in another 24 years. :laugh: But there's no way I'll be under 110 pounds again.
  • amberpaigee
    amberpaigee Posts: 74
    Options
    Boys LIE. ALL OF THEM.
    Keep going to the gym.
    Your friends are right! Spend loads of time with them when you go to college!
    Most importantly - wear your retainer for the love of God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Memster1
    Memster1 Posts: 13
    Options
    16 year old self......

Do NOT date that girl your Senior Year in High School. She is not the girl for you, and you will lose 2 years of your young life.

Stay in college and go out for the Cross Country team - you would have been good!

Buy that stock in NIKE. A few bucks now will allow you early retirement.
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Life gets better after high school, learn to love yourself as once you love you, everything else falls into place and don't marry your first boyfriend.
  • bangersnmash90
    Options
    Dear 16 year old self,

Stop skipping PE classes, you'll regret it when you STILL can't do a proper push up 6 years later!

P.s You're not fat! Eat more and bloody exercise!

Yours, older self (still working on that push up)
  • Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Don't teach yourself how to deliberately throw up. And always clear web browser history.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO THAT!
  • princessruthiebelle
    princessruthiebelle Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    prepare for even more heartache! but your hard work will pay off in the end!

don't be such a scardy cat

dont find comfort in food, it will bite you on the *kitten*!