For those of you that drink coffee

Options

Replies

• kimboyle92
    kimboyle92 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I drink one cup in the morning with Coffemate Hazelnut in it. Tried the sugarfree version and couldn't stand the aftertaste. It's my one indulgence I give myself everyday.
  • nyxt
    nyxt Posts: 60
    Options
    depends on the coffee

if the coffee has an astringent taste to it, i put in splenda
    if the coffee's toasty and nutty and bold, absolutely nothing
    if it's blonde-roasted coffee, i gulp it down as fast as i can because it tastes bland and acidic

if it's instant coffee, i put it in the microwave until it smells better and tastes smooth and bold enough but i don't drink it anyway because it would still taste horrible on its own so i mix it with cocoa and sweeteners and put it in the freezer
  • jlawson113
    jlawson113 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    2 equals and a tablespoon of the french vanilla coffeemate

unless I'm hungover then I drink it truck driver style
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Black, two sugars yum:)
  • sistersam
    sistersam Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the same thing, but I use the fat free and I think it's great! Have you tried it?
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    sweetener and nonfat milk.. don't like it black, found stevia tastes funny in coffee (at least to me) and refuse to use sugar.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla Almond Breeze (hard to find but it exists!) is 35 cals per cup, so you can add much more than the tbsp of Coffeemate you use now.
    Then add a serving of a sugar-free Torani syrup, and I think that should satisfy! :)

That is what I use also...Love it
  • MalloryMelts
    MalloryMelts Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.

Same here..just don't go overboard with the creamer and sugar..test it out to see how little you can stand. Some days I like my coffee sweet others I'm ok with just a little milk. If you have a great flavored coffee you don't have to put much else into it.
  • WishfulShrinking331
    WishfulShrinking331 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Black, it tastes so much better that way
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    water is all I add to coffee. I like it just as it is
  • momtojoseph
    momtojoseph Posts: 23
    Options
    Little bit of sugar and Hazelnut coffee creamer.
  • cgsr
    cgsr Posts: 113
    Options
    I likes it black...but when I'm feeling a little frisky, I'll add half & half and truvia
  • cbenj09
    cbenj09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you only have one cup per day, enjoy it! Isn't that only about 35 calories? I know you are looking for a substitute but keep thinking lifestyle change and moderation. One cup a day isn't going to kill your goals and if it makes you feel less deprived it might even help keep you motivated.

TOTALLY AGREED!! Sugar/fat free creamers are icky. I'm like you, I NEED one cup in the morn...just ONE cup, that's it! And then I'm good to go. I will not deprive myself. Those calories are burned off by the time I get out the shower and get my kids out the door, trust me! ;)

You're good!
  • bholicky
    bholicky Posts: 1
    Options
    I skip the creamers and add some cinnamon to the grounds and vanilla to the water before brew. Very tasty without all the calories
  • Horseyrider
    Horseyrider Posts: 22
    Options
    Raw cream, straight from the cow. Or latte made with raw milk. I can't stand that cooked grocery store stuff, and the fake creamers have a plastic mouthfeel. Once I'd had the real thing, there was no going back.
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't do dairy...well, I am trying to add a little back, but not tolerating well. I use So Delicious coconut creamer or full-fat coconut milk and a bit of stevia. If I don't have access to my coconut milk (I even bring my own to Starbucks), I just put a tiny bit of stevia. Even when I consumed dairy, I would never use any of that nasty coffeemate type stuff...it's just chemicals and partially hydroginated oils. Yuck!
  • slp56
    slp56 Posts: 18
    Options
    For those of you that drink coffee, what do you put in it? I am addicted to the French Vanilla Coffeemate. I have tried to switch to the sugar free or the fat free and I think it kind of ruins the taste of my coffee. I need ideas that are lower in sugar and that taste good. I gotta have my coffee and I really want to enjoy it, I only have one cup a day.

i buy the folgers french vanilla coffee it is sooo delicious! then i usually do two equals! if i have them, I use the splenda coffee flavorings but they are pricey so i don't buy them too often. but they are good too! I am certainly a coffee addict.
  • poppinjaye
    poppinjaye Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use half and half cream and Splenda. That gives me the taste I love. Honestly, I don't worry about those 50 cals & fats from the cream. I've tried skim milk, etc. but it tastes gross to me.

I'm with you 100%. Anything else tastes nasty to me.
  • serenitymay1995
    serenitymay1995 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too love French Vanilla Creamer,,,,,I think there is an addictive ingredient in it. I have tried several brand of stevia and I do not like it. I am now using xylitol 100% Pure, which I purchased at the health food store. It tastes like sugar but has 0 sugar and is 15 calories per teaspoon.
  • RobbiTaber
    RobbiTaber Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    trim the calories somewhere else during the day...I'm the same...I have one cup of coffee and I want to enjoy that one! Good luck!