Couch to 5K anyone?!? We start on monday!

Options

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    jdubard0413 and Mommared - Bless you both - I do the exact same thing. When I feel like I can't take one most step I just say "For YOU LORD!" and I keep on going. :-)

And jdubard0413 - you may not be ready today to run that 10 K, but you will be, and it won't take as long as you think either! I'm rooting for you!!!!!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Wow, reading the comments posted about me really warmed my heart! I want to thank each one of you so much. I'm so proud to be a runner and have such a wonder support system as I have here on MFP. It's such a blessing how we all support and encourage each other. Again, thank you everyone. Let's all keep running and keep posting and supporting each other and any newbies that decide to join us.

God bless you all. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou::happy:

Betty
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Wow, reading the comments posted about me really warmed my heart! I want to thank each one of you so much. I'm so proud to be a runner and have such a wonder support system as I have here on MFP. It's such a blessing how we all support and encourage each other. Again, thank you everyone. Let's all keep running and keep posting and supporting each other and any newbies that decide to join us.

God bless you all. :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou::happy:

Betty

Amen :smile:

You all are an inspiration to me as well. My sister inlaw asked me today what made me finally decide to stick to losing weight and working out, and I said at first it was just reading how many people started out this program thinking that they never could be runners, and now they are running for the first time in there lives and loving it. Then I said what made me stick with it was the fact that I'm so proud of myself for doing this and not giving up that I feel like I can do anything and for the first time in my life working out doesn't seem like work anymore, its actually fun! The more I do it, the more motivated I am.

I want to thank you guys for helping me figure out that we can do things we never thought possible and for motivating and inspiring me as well. Thanks :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I finished w3d2 last night and it went great. I'm going to see if I can do day 3 tonight, but I doubt it. Its getting darker earlier so if I dont' go right when I get home I won't go LOL
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Okay. I had posted this somewhere else. I never looked in this thread thinking it was beyond me.

I've attempted two or three times now, just with W1D1. But I ended up walking it each time. Then earlier today, I read an article http://www.bit.ly/firststeps1 about beginners and know now that I really, really need to slow my butt down. I'm going to start this all over again Monday morning. A couple of days before my first attempt, I twisted my ankle horsin' around with my son and I still feel it. I hope these couple of days off will help it heal a little more too.
  • mommared53
    Options
    Okay. I had posted this somewhere else. I never looked in this thread thinking it was beyond me.

I've attempted two or three times now, just with W1D1. But I ended up walking it each time. Then earlier today, I read an article http://www.bit.ly/firststeps1 about beginners and know now that I really, really need to slow my butt down. I'm going to start this all over again Monday morning. A couple of days before my first attempt, I twisted my ankle horsin' around with my son and I still feel it. I hope these couple of days off will help it heal a little more too.

I have to concentrate on jogging slow so I don't get too worn out. I think I've managed to get to the point where I can jog a tad faster now but when I first started the program it felt like I was almost jogging in place. :laugh: :laugh: Good luck to you. I hopeyour ankle get better very soon. Let us know how you do. :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • laurajoyk
    Options

Take it easy on your ankle till you feel better, but don't give up hope. You won't regret doing this program is awesome!
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I started the other thread but I am going to post on both! How are you all?! I do run 3 tomorrow. My lungs hurt but thats it my legs and feet and knees are fine! WHAT A SUPRISE! So for those of you who have completed or are close to completing can you tell me if this has jump started your weightloss? I have been hovering for a while... partially from not logging and cheating and partially I think I need to switch things up a bit!
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Sorry I'm posting a ton today LOL My mom just asked me what we should do for my birthday dinner in a couple weeks. I know I want spaghetti which is fine since my family is vegetarian I know I won't have a bunch of extra calories from the meat :wink: But since its my bday (oct. 2nd) should we just do german choclate cake that day (my fave) or should we do something else low cal? I don't think having cake on my bday will be bad if I just leave 400 extra calories for the cake :wink: :laugh: What do you guys think?
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Have a slice!! Its your birthday, you have worked hard sooooo enjoy it!!:flowerforyou: H/B BTW
  • mommared53
    Options
    I say, have the cake. You only have 1 birthday a year. :bigsmile: Early happy birthday to you. :flowerforyou:

Betty
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    LOL :laugh: thanks 2 more weeks to go :wink:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    I have to concentrate on jogging slow so I don't get too worn out. I think I've managed to get to the point where I can jog a tad faster now but when I first started the program it felt like I was almost jogging in place. :laugh: :laugh: Good luck to you. I hope your ankle get better very soon. Let us know how you do. :flowerforyou:

Betty
    Take it easy on your ankle till you feel better, but don't give up hope. You won't regret doing this program is awesome!
    Thank you both! I don't want to give up on this one. I used to run back when I was in high school, but sheesh, that was decades ago (did that make me sound old or what?). lol shocked001.jpg Oh! And I found a 5k scheduled for mid Nov. I doubt I'll be ready for it in time, but ya never know, right?

My ankle isn't too bad...it's good enough to keep up with Jillian's Shred this morning (for a little bit anyway). But it is still a little swollen. I'm not doing anything tomorrow in hopes it'll feel better.
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    ...I don't think having cake on my bday will be bad if I just leave 400 extra calories for the cake :wink: :laugh: What do you guys think?

droolsmiley.gif...mmm...caaake
  • mommared53
    Options
    I finished w6d1. :happy: I'm getting closer to the finish! Hoping to run a 5k the end of November.
  • Steph2285
    Steph2285 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem - its because there's not supposed to be an s at the end... It's just www.coolrunning.com =)
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options

I'm glad you found your way here - I started and then stopped and re-started. It does help to take it slow.... and before you know it, you'll be picking up the pace just because it feels good. Until then, slow is still so much better than not at all!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options

I have to concentrate on jogging slow so I don't get too worn out. I think I've managed to get to the point where I can jog a tad faster now but when I first started the program it felt like I was almost jogging in place. :laugh: :laugh: Good luck to you. I hopeyour ankle get better very soon. Let us know how you do. :flowerforyou:

Betty

Betty! - SO true. :laugh: I really laughed when I saw your comment "almost jogging in place" - I have had that exact thought! I was watching my shadow as I was running last week - and it seemed to be bobbing in place.

And, it is very very true about being a beginner and slowing down. If you are really struggling, just slow down. If you have to stop, then walk for a few seconds then try to jog for a few more seconds. In my experience with this C25k - my first two weeks were slow to progress. I even repeated the first two weeks. It seemed like I was never going to move forward, but suddenly this week I am feeling much stronger and able to run a bit faster - and this is W3 of the plan - the week when you move from 90 sec to 3 min. Don't get discouraged! Keep at it - you will make progress.

Running does burn a lot of calories - but probably at a little bit higher level than we've attained just yet. So it is very efficient for weight loss. I remember when I started running for the first time in my twenties - I did lose stubborn last 10 lbs BUT most impressive to me at the time was the way running toned my legs! Nothing ever toned my legs, especially the troublesome thighs like running. Just whittles 'em down!

Speaking of speed - I was a little too ambitious and pushed my speed Wed. I'm a little worried about my rt leg (knee and IT band) - debating running W3 D3 tomorrow instead of today to give another day of rest.... :grumble:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    W5D3 DONE! I ran the 20 minutes straight!

I never thought that it was possible. I raised my arms, you would have thought I was Rocky. hee hee. It was slow, very slow, so I empathize with the others. But it's just the beginning!

I was so afraid of that run, but hey all you guys who are just starting, you CAN do this! I weight 206, and I'll be 50 years old in April. I never thought I'd run that 20 minutes. But I'm not stopping here, I'm going to keep going. I'll run slow, till I lose weight and just naturally start to move faster. If I can do this guys ,so can you! I'm cheering for every single one of you!!!!!

And Laurajoy EAT CAKE for your birthday!!!!!!!!!!! :-) It's just a piece of cake, eat it and enjoy it!!!

And to all of you, thank you for this thread and your gracious support.
  • JessiJean
    JessiJean Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    W5D3 DONE! I ran the 20 minutes straight!

I never thought that it was possible. I raised my arms, you would have thought I was Rocky. hee hee. It was slow, very slow, so I empathize with the others. But it's just the beginning!

I was so afraid of that run, but hey all you guys who are just starting, you CAN do this! I weight 206, and I'll be 50 years old in April. I never thought I'd run that 20 minutes. But I'm not stopping here, I'm going to keep going. I'll run slow, till I lose weight and just naturally start to move faster. If I can do this guys ,so can you! I'm cheering for every single one of you!!!!!

And Laurajoy EAT CAKE for your birthday!!!!!!!!!!! :-) It's just a piece of cake, eat it and enjoy it!!!

And to all of you, thank you for this thread and your gracious support.

Great Job!!!!!! You are doing great! :drinker:

I did end up running 3 miles at lunch yesterday and it felt great. I did it very slow. I laughed when I saw the post about feeling like you're running in place, because that's how I felt yesterday, but I did my 3 miles straight without stopping. Who'd thunk I could ever do this :noway: Oh and BTW my legs are getting defined :laugh: I actually am getting quads instead of thunder thighs :smokin: