Am I Too Fat to Be Here?

Options

Replies

• grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You are just right to be here. Bring your motivation and join us! I just started last month and have already lost 16 pounds. I have a bad ankle and cannot put any weight on it or stress. I swim, I love to swim. But I had a sinus infection so I wasn't able to do that, I still lost weight. Stick to the calories it tells you you can have and you will lose weight. I promise. If you would like to add me as a friend, you are more than welcome too. Good luck!
  • diggedup
    diggedup Posts: 3
    Options
    Of course not!!! Some of my family members are heavier than that and has had great success! Hang in there, you CAN do this.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Hopefully that's just my insecurity talking... :blushing:

My name is Maria and I'm 35. I live in Missouri and I'm a stay at home single mom (read: unemployed!) of 3 kids, ages 17, 14 and 12.

My weight is at the highest it's ever been, right around 400 pounds. Jeez, it's even hard to type that :(
    I imagine people all over internet-land snickering and thinking "At least I'm not like HER!" Hopefully that's not the case here and I can meet some supportive people here. I've got my fingers crossed that just maybe I might talk to some folks who face some of the same challenges I do.

When you're 400 pounds, almost everything is a challenge. Everything hurts. Everything wears you out.

To top it all off, I had a serious shoulder injury and surgery last summer that's left me with very little use of my left arm and pain in my shoulder/arm that never really goes away. My balance has suffered from not being able to use my arm and I live in fear of falling again (that's how I mangled my arm in the 1st place). Obviously with all that's happened to me, I find it very challenging to exercise.

Even typing these short paragraphs has made my arm throb so I'm going to stop here. I hope no one minds if I cut & paste this post to use as my intro in some of the groups I've joined. I just really need some supportive friends, you guys. I promise to be a good friend, too.

xoxoxo ~Maria :flowerforyou:

You absolutely have a right to be here. I started at 450#, and can completely relate. Add me if you need some inspiration.
  • rachiech13
    rachiech13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It is definitely your insecurity talking!
    MFP is helpful to anyone who uses it....but start small and don't shock your system. That's what I did. I went to straight to eating too little.

Google "BMR calculator" and it will give you a daily caloric intake that your body needs to function and DO NOT eat below that number. Over time, your body will lose weight and this number will go down.
    Readjust accordingly. This is information I received directly from a dietician.

You can do it! Don't starve yourself!

You're beautiful and you deserve happiness :)
  • amiers11
    amiers11 Posts: 33
    Options
    You are not too fat! This is a wonderful site with wonderful people. Use the tools offered here to reach your weight loss goals. We might not have the same lbs to lose but we are all on the same weight loss journey so let's do this together. Feel free to add me :happy:
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    You are already making steps in the right direction by being here. Stay postive! Don't get down on yourself that you are "too fat" because that's never true. Starting a weight loss goal is better done today than pushed off to tomorrow. Add me as a friend if you would like. Watching what you are eating and being conscious of the calories in things made a huge difference for me and my husband. And portions....that was a huge eye opener. That doesn't take any exercise at all. You can make the positive change in your life. Best of Luck and I hope you stay with it!!
  • MNewark08
    MNewark08 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thats right! you are definately in the right place! We are ALL here to lose weight and improve our bodies and our lifestyles. Everyone is here to support one another! Not bash one another! Feel free to add me as a friend! I seek the same support and look to give it to others as well!!

Good luck on your journey!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    No, you are definetely not!!! Everyone is very supportive here and I think u made the right decision in joining. There is a lot of inspiration and motivation as well, just for those days that u feel like u can't do it anymore.
    So, welcome!! I wish you the best on your journey to finding the new you!!! :drinker:
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hi Maria, you are most certainly in the right place and there are plenty of us who have been where you are. Feel free to add me if you need a friend. I started out at 385 and I am 30-40 lbs from goal (can't decide what goal is)
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Oh, btw, u can also add me if u like. I try to be there as often as I can!! :smile:
  • hnsmith89
    hnsmith89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    first of all, NO, you aren't! And I would hope no one is snickering because if they are, they don't have empathy at all! You need to feel proud of yourself for joining this website because you are clearly ready to change your lifestyle to a healthier one, and that's the first step. Second step is to realize you aren't the only one in your state of health, so quit being so down on yourself, and realize this is just the beginning of a major life change! When you really start exercising, start small amounts at a time then gradually increase from week to week. It isn't going to be easy, but you'll start to see improvements, and once you get in that positive state of mind there's no stopping your progress!!
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    You are definitely in the right place. Please feel free to add me. I'd be happy to help motivate! For me, calorie counting is the only way I can lose weight. Make sure you pick supportive friends because there are some amazing people on here (but some who are not so nice too). Good luck :-)
  • better_me_2012
    Options
    Hi!

You have joined an exceptional site with people who are here to cheer you on an motivate you. There are so many tools that can be utlized to get you where you want to be. This site is full of people who want you to reach your weight loss goal. At the end of the day no one has the right to snicker because are all here for the same reason. Be proud of yourself for taking this step, this will be lifechaning in a great way. I wish you the best of luck!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I think your too fat NOT to be here
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    This post has made me feel a little insecure since I never once considered being too fat for the community but since I weigh over 400 pounds STILL maybe I should rethink this... LOL

Add me if you like dear. This site has helped me lose 22 pounds in 120 days, and hopefully will continue :)
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I started at 349 a little over a year ago. You are in EXACTLY the right place. Remember, it takes time and perseverance, but it's possible and SO worth it.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    You have taken the first step in the right direction.
    I'm fairly new here as well. 2 weeks.
    Don't know as much as most on here.
    Very smart and health conscious people here.
    But hey I'm a great cheerleader for your success!! :bigsmile:
    Add me if you wish...
  • Lucianna_D
    Lucianna_D Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Welcome to your new journey.. You have came to the right place for support.. Good luck on your new adventure.. Feel free to add me..

Lu
  • IMDABEAST
    IMDABEAST Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started at 485 on Jan 2010. I am now 204. You CAN and WILL succeed!
  • YvonnePtm
    YvonnePtm Posts: 28
    Options
    No you are not too fat - no one is - every one joins this site to get some moral support, ideas and to lose weight - just keep on trying and you will get there eventually. I will send you a link that I have just read - you will find it inspiring. Please feel free to send me friend request