Couch to 5K anyone?!? We start on monday!

Options

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I run outside with my daughter. There's a running trail that goes right behind my apartment complex so we run on that.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I run outside. I think a treadmill would be boring, but that's just me.
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Outside.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    i run on a treadmill...outside is too hard (for now)!
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I mostly run outside on grass, sometimes on a track and as it gets dark and wet (I live in northern England) I will probably run more and more on the treadmill. No chainsaw massacre bears, but the weather here will make running icky starting next month. I prefer outdoors.

SO - supposed to run W3 D3, but I think I messed up!! I really overdid it on Wednesday and I still did step aerobics the next day. My right hip and knee are really sore - I'm worried that it is verging on injured sore. I'm icing and massaging. I did NO exercise yesterday to rest it. I think I could run if I run very very slow, but perhaps it is better to skip D3 this week and do yoga today and tomorrow. :grumble: :grumble:

I'm trying to be wise and listen to my body, but it IS so addictive this program that I'm about to tear up :sad: thinking about skipping today. My naughty voice is saying, "Just take your ipod to the park and start walking, start the first interval and see how it goes. You can always stop if it hurts...come on....just one little running fix.."
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    ...I'm trying to be wise and listen to my body, but it IS so addictive this program that I'm about to tear up :sad: thinking about skipping today. My naughty voice is saying, "Just take your ipod to the park and start walking, start the first interval and see how it goes. You can always stop if it hurts...come on....just one little running fix.."

OMG I was thinking the same thing! Except the part about a little running fix. I haven't gotten to that point yet. lol I took off yesterday, but I'm sitting here ready to go to the lake. I keep going back and forth in my head whether or not I should go or pop in a DVD. My ankle feels better, but I've always had problems with my ankles - both of them have been sprained more than a couple of times (which is why I stopped running in the first place). I want to get back into it so bad. I still haven't decided. Hmmm....

Anyway, there is a paved walking/running trail at the lake park not even 1/2mi. from me. This is where I've been going. Actually there is a pretty good sized lake and they made this man-made pond next to the lake for running/walking. Once you get about half way, you don't have any choice but to walk or run the rest of the way - that's good for me. lol I don't trust my ankles enough to run on different terrain.
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Oh that 25 minute run was near impossible....

BUT I DID IT!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Not one time during it did I stop!

*doing the happy dance, looking like a moron and not caring, dancing some more* :drinker:

I did this today! We are freakin' awesome! I'm doing a bit of a happy dance myself! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Next week all we have to do is repeat this each of the three days! Can you say easy week? :wink:
  • meanness67
    meanness67 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i run on a treadmill...outside is too hard (for now)!

I run on the treadmill, too but I like it because I know my pace stays consistent. Otherwise, I would probably slow down to next to nothing then speed up and be all over the place. Everything I read about running talks about how important pace is, so I figure this is teaching me to pace myself.
  • JJ48Fan
    Options
    Count me in!
  • toots99
    Options
    Count me in!

Excellent! And good luck with quitting smoking! :flowerforyou:
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    Jlbay wrote:

SO - supposed to run W3 D3, but I think I messed up!! I really overdid it on Wednesday and I still did step aerobics the next day. My right hip and knee are really sore - I'm worried that it is verging on injured sore. I'm icing and massaging. I did NO exercise yesterday to rest it. I think I could run if I run very very slow, but perhaps it is better to skip D3 this week and do yoga today and tomorrow. :grumble: :grumble:

I overdid it too early on, but I learned a good lesson - you have to rest in between - it does become addictive but you have to force yourself to rest. Ice your knee and maybe your hip and just rest it and do the yoga, you'll be surprised to see how fast you come back.!
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    I don't have the time right now to answer all the posts, even though I really want too - so I just thought I'd say you guys ROCK!!! I'm so proud of all of you!
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    I'm off to bed in a sec, but just wanted to say w4d1 done. I will definitely be taking a rest day tomorrow or at least just walking or doing a dvd inside if its raining. The five minutes were a little hard for me, but I made it through both intervals without stopping. So I have a feeling when I get to week 5 I may be stuck there for a little while, but I guess we'll find out when I get there LOL

You guys are all amazing keep it up.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Tonight I was supposed to do w6d2 which is 10 min. run, 3 min. walk, 10 min. run. Didn't do it. I always pray before I run but I forgot to pray this time. I remembered shortly after I started running so I asked God's forgiveness and then prayed He'd help me finish the race. Well I guess He forgave me because He helped me run . . . . . get this . . . . 28 MINUTES STRAIGHT!!! I run with my daughter, amylynne26, and she was doing week 8 which is 28 minute run. She was a little ahead of me for a while then I caught up with her. I felt so good I could have passed her but I decided to keep pace with her and see if I could run the same amount of time as her. Well I sure did! When we finished I still felt great. I wasn't even that much out of breath and my legs weren't that tired. I could have kept going. :happy: :happy: We were whooping and hollering like a couple crazies. :laugh: :laugh: We were so excited! Only a few months ago, I couldn't run to catch a bus, now I'm running 28 minutes! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Everybody keep on running! We can do this! YES WE CAN! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Starting on Monday!!! :bigsmile: Anyone else care to join me???
  • toots99
    Options
    Tonight I was supposed to do w6d2 which is 10 min. run, 3 min. walk, 10 min. run. Didn't do it. I always pray before I run but I forgot to pray this time. I remembered shortly after I started running so I asked God's forgiveness and then prayed He'd help me finish the race. Well I guess He forgave me because He helped me run . . . . . get this . . . . 28 MINUTES STRAIGHT!!! I run with my daughter, amylynne26, and she was doing week 8 which is 28 minute run. She was a little ahead of me for a while then I caught up with her. I felt so good I could have passed her but I decided to keep pace with her and see if I could run the same amount of time as her. Well I sure did! When we finished I still felt great. I wasn't even that much out of breath and my legs weren't that tired. I could have kept going. :happy: :happy: We were whooping and hollering like a couple crazies. :laugh: :laugh: We were so excited! Only a few months ago, I couldn't run to catch a bus, now I'm running 28 minutes! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

Everybody keep on running! We can do this! YES WE CAN! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

That's awesome! I have 28 minutes coming up tomorrow, I think. Today is a day of rest. :smile:
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    mamared53 WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That is so fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! Gratz!

And Laurajoyw - I thought that too about week 5 - but this program is GREAT you'll see you'll be able do it!!

Proud of you all!

And welcome Ribbienjill!!! You're going to love this program!
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    It was really cold and rainy today but I wanted to go for a walk, and so I dug in my closet for my hat and winter jacket (which my mom got me last year and I couldn't zip up because my hips were too big) and I thought I would see if it fit. Well I put it on and it zipped up fine and was even a little loose around the hips YAY!! I hadn't measured myself till a week ago so I didn't realize how much I had lost in inches, and this is awesome!! I even ordered some jeans online in the next size down since the ones I have are getting loose as well. It just makes me love jogging all the more :laugh: This is the first time I've ever gone down a size in anything, it was always up a size! HOORAY!!

Thanks guys for being so inspiring!:flowerforyou:
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Starting on Monday!!! :bigsmile: Anyone else care to join me???

So up for it! I'll have to get up early to do it since monday's are my long days, but I'm motivated now and if I don't keep the momentum I'll falter. So tomorrow morning it is! whoot!

Congrats on everyone on here! Keep it up!

And I still need shoe advice. :blushing: :smile:
  • Wecandothis
    Options
    It was really cold and rainy today but I wanted to go for a walk, and so I dug in my closet for my hat and winter jacket (which my mom got me last year and I couldn't zip up because my hips were too big) and I thought I would see if it fit. Well I put it on and it zipped up fine and was even a little loose around the hips YAY!! I hadn't measured myself till a week ago so I didn't realize how much I had lost in inches, and this is awesome!! I even ordered some jeans online in the next size down since the ones I have are getting loose as well. It just makes me love jogging all the more :laugh: This is the first time I've ever gone down a size in anything, it was always up a size! HOORAY!!

Thanks guys for being so inspiring!:flowerforyou:

Whoooo hoooo!!! Isn't that cool! So happy for you!