What is your pet peeve.........................?

Options

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When people try to tell me how to drive. Yes, I do see the stop sign.
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tardiness...irriates the $#!t out of me!!!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Tardiness...irriates the $#!t out of me!!!

THAT TOO!! pissed me right the *kitten* off!
  • phee03r
    phee03r Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    when someone says , "huh" as if they did NOT hear you but then proceeds to answer your question without you ever having to repeat it. It's like..well why the hell did you say, "huh?"

I do this. Its because I didnt hear EVERYTHING you said (usually because Im zoned out) and am trying to figure it out, and dont want the person to have to repeat themselves. I think it is because I dont want there to be a long pause while I figure out what the person has said?
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    my kitchen breakfast bar being the dumping ground for everyones book bags, mail, etc!

This makes me crazy, I can't stand clutter!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    When people can't put the roll of toilet paper on the roller right......it should come over the top towards you, not underneath.

If I see it overtop, then I will actually change it to come out the bottom.....I hate it that way!

I work in a small store, and when I am busy doing something, I HATE when I see someone standing at the counter, so I stop what I am doing to go help them, and THEN they walk away to get what they want or look at something....really? REALLY??
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    When people can't put the roll of toilet paper on the roller right......it should come over the top towards you, not underneath.

When people can't put the roll of toilet paper on the roller right...it should come UNDERNEATH.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I don't keep peeves as pets.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I don't keep peeves as pets.

They are known to be quite vicious, and despite this, many people can't help keeping them...
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    the word "whatever"!
  • NathanJ79
    NathanJ79 Posts: 36
    Options
    when someone says , "huh" as if they did NOT hear you but then proceeds to answer your question without you ever having to repeat it. It's like..well why the hell did you say, "huh?"
    Delayed assimilation. I have it. And I just made that name up, because I really have no idea what it's called. But I hear it's not uncommon.

Basically, when you hear words, your brain translates them into meaning. If you don't fully hear what is said, the natural reaction is to say "huh" or ask "what?". Meanwhile the brain compensates, fills in the blanks (usually correctly), and the person can then answer. So they correctly misunderstood you and then correctly interpreted what you said.

Also, I'd like to see somebody justify putting the toilet paper roll on backwards. Somebody said it's for if you have kids. Is there a real reason or is it just to be annoying?

//edit: Mine is poor grammar and spelling, but I've stopped letting it bother me. It makes me look worse than the offender by calling them on it, anyway. Better to just let them continue to look uneducated.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    When somebody tries to tell me what I said.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I HATE when people chew with their mouths open, talk to me and chew gum, scratch themselves with natural long nails ( that sound is horrible!) I HATE when people call up at my job and are having a conversation with another person ( while they called )while I am sitting there saying " HELLOO??!" Like sorry, am I interrupting your conversation after you called me?!..end rant!
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    the word "whatever"!

Yeah, ok. Whatever.
  • Fourmenandalady28
    Options
    Mine is someone who tells you their entire life story while in the grocery line UGH! I hate that.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options

I'm the complete opposite. I even change it at my parents/boyfriends/friends houses if it's the "wrong" way. And for me, the "wrong" way is when it goes over. Drives me NUTS.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Loud eaters.. I hate when I can hear someone eat their food. So sick.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Car drivers who insist on going through the red light at the crossing. It annoys me even more when it's raining.
  • kkamin3
    kkamin3 Posts: 17
    Options
    People who obnoxiously talk too loud when on their cellphone and feel no need to keep discretion of the details of their life.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

My kids do that....what is that all about??