What is your pet peeve.........................?

Options

Replies

• MrsSA
    MrsSA Posts: 18
    Options
    Complaining, whiney people....lol OK... Only half joking.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    People who text while driving, and you are stuck next to them on the freeway.
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    sure, just like soda, pop, cola different terms for same thing.
    But the correct Milady's Standard Cosmetology what state boards are based off of is color!
    And when you book an appt at a salon for a service the salon menu has "Hair Color" then price.
    The stuff that goes on your hair is called "hair color" not " hair dye".

I guess it just bothers me because it was drilled into my head and I fight the urge to correct people. :P
  • cabg6
    cabg6 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Chewing with mouth open
    Driving slow in the left lane
    Asking "Reeeeeeeeeallly?!" about everything
    DVDs/CDs left out of the case
    Calling me on the cell phone then talking with someone else
    People who repeat themselves but start their sentences with "Like I said..."
  • mercina22
    mercina22 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Tardiness...irriates the $#!t out of me!!!

OMG me TOO!! drives me friggin nuts.:explode:
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    being interrupted, people with large ego's, people who suffer from little big person syndrome, Being told what to do when i'm in the middle of something.
  • cabg6
    Options
    Oh yeah, one more.... Spellcheckers/grammar police.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    People who don't know how traffic circles work! ARGH!!! We have two traffic circles, one east of us and one west of us, and I cannot tell you how many times I have gotten stuck behind:

> A driver who stops at the entrance to the traffic circle as if it is a four-way stop.
    > A driver who stops at the entrance to the traffic circle as if it is a four-way stop, <i>and waits until someone comes from another direction and enters the traffic circle.</i> Usually that driver brings a whole line of cars behind and there I am, stuck, because Idjit in front of me stopped when there was NOBODY IN OR APPROACHING the traffic circle and just WAITED until somebody came along!
    > A driver who enters the traffic circle, and then stops at the next intersection and waits for the person outside the traffic circle to go ahead. Which, of course, they don't, because that's not how traffic circles work. So, there we sit in the circle.
    > A driver who stops at the entrance to the traffic circle, <i>puts on his/her left turn signal</i> begins to turn the wrong way into the traffic circle, hesitates, realizes something is not right, looks around in confusion, backs up, turns in the correct direction, looks around again as if they can't make sense of things, finally very slowly enters the traffic circle in the correct direction... and then usually, stops at the next intersection to let another driver in... and there we sit...

Then there are the times I have had to slam on my brakes because another breed of idjit entirely came blasting into the traffic circle without even looking. Hello? Yield to the right of way much?

Here's an overly optimistic tutorial: http://youtu.be/1DJDjaa25Co
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    When people try to tell me how to drive. Yes, I do see the stop sign.

^
    This
    I hate it, if you can drive better get your own damn car and drive yourself. They are always looking for rides but criticize how I drive.

I also hate fingers on a screen or tv It's more annoying when someone eats chips or something then touches the ps3 controller or the keyboard without washing their hands first. When I use it after it's oily and full of finger prints uggh
  • cabg6
    Options
    sure, just like soda, pop, cola different terms for same thing.
    But the correct Milady's Standard Cosmetology what state boards are based off of is color!
    And when you book an appt at a salon for a service the salon menu has "Hair Color" then price.
    The stuff that goes on your hair is called "hair color" not " hair dye".

I guess it just bothers me because it was drilled into my head and I fight the urge to correct people. :P

That's why it's a pet peeve. It doesn't have to make sense to others. ;-)
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I hate when people leave me a voice mail when they know I will be calling them back. If you want something, text me. I hate listening to messages that contain nothing but a "call me back" Duh!

Also, I hate slow drivers who drive in the fast lane. Makes me crazy.
  • cabg6
    Options
    People who don't know how traffic circles work! ARGH!!! We have two traffic circles, one east of us and one west of us, and I cannot tell you how many times I have gotten stuck behind:

> A driver who stops at the entrance to the traffic circle as if it is a four-way stop.
    > A driver who stops at the entrance to the traffic circle as if it is a four-way stop, <i>and waits until someone comes from another direction and enters the traffic circle.</i> Usually that driver brings a whole line of cars behind and there I am, stuck, because Idjit in front of me stopped when there was NOBODY IN OR APPROACHING the traffic circle and just WAITED until somebody came along!
    > A driver who enters the traffic circle, and then stops at the next intersection and waits for the person outside the traffic circle to go ahead. Which, of course, they don't, because that's not how traffic circles work. So, there we sit in the circle.
    > A driver who stops at the entrance to the traffic circle, <i>puts on his/her left turn signal</i> begins to turn the wrong way into the traffic circle, hesitates, realizes something is not right, looks around in confusion, backs up, turns in the correct direction, looks around again as if they can't make sense of things, finally very slowly enters the traffic circle in the correct direction... and then usually, stops at the next intersection to let another driver in... and there we sit...

Then there are the times I have had to slam on my brakes because another breed of idjit entirely came blasting into the traffic circle without even looking. Hello? Yield to the right of way much?

Here's an overly optimistic tutorial: http://youtu.be/1DJDjaa25Co

I KNOW, RIGHT?! IDIOTS.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    when I was a waitress it was people who tipped poorly but now I would have to say people who don't put the toilet paper on the roll (especially my guy who is the most OCD person in the world) can't manage to do that... I don't get it
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Bad grammar/spelling.

When people mix up "to/too", "your/you're", "affect/effect", "lose/loose," etc...it drives me nuts.

^^ THIS ^^ soooo annoying!
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, one more.... Spellcheckers/grammar police.

This too drives me nuts every time a grammar nazi makes a comment about spelling or punctuation I want to reach through the computer screen and choke them till they stop breathing. Oh no!!! it's a run on sentence. Excuse me for not being as smart and educated to never **** up when I type on a message board. Ugh they make me sick
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I can only have one??? I'm screwed.

Slow people in the left lane.
  • Bevigal
    Bevigal Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    People that bend over in front of you and you can see the crack of their butt....DON'T THEY KNOW CRACK KILLS!!!
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    People calling or walking up to my window at work acting like the People of Walmart.

Funny :laugh: :laugh:

People that cannot even put the toilet paper on the roll period, I don't care which way it rolls...lol
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    people who are late, especially when there is a set time for things. 2pm appointment? that is across town? leave a wee bit earlier to be there on time. Even more so when I am the one who is meant to be driving them to their appointment and they are late/not ready to leave. Sorry, but I am not speeding so you are on time. (although, I guess if they can't be ready on time they don't much care about being at the appointment on time either)

Places that want ME to turn off my mobile and have their phone ringing...along with places where the receptionist walks right in on a meeting. No tap at the door and waiting, just barging right on in.

And parents all bundled up for the cold weather and the baby having light, short sleeved clothes on with no socks. (not to be confused with the toddler who dressed himself this morning)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I hate 'ya'll' It's not a word. It doesn't make sense. Stop it.

Sorry, in Texas it IS a word. :)